Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round Dodgers at the Pub.

+3
largehat
bwfc71
Angry Dad
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 12:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

whats the best dodge you ever saw? mine was 4 of us were out one night with a guy we only just met we had 3 rounds and when it was his turn he said i,ll get this one. He ordered a pint and paid for it then just stood at the bar drinking it .We were all stunned and just walked out without a word.

2Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 13:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well a so-called mate owes me about 6 pints - he was short of cash one week, so bought him a few drinks, as well as lending him €50 to get food - that was 2 months ago. He has never bought any back, and I only got €30 back - stuff him, never again! I also found out that he was out the night after drinking with the €50 I gave him!

3Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 13:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You have to learn these lessons the hard way don't you. My birthday is September, so when I left school, I was much closer to 17 than 16. The following Summer Wanderers had a friendly at Burnden. It was against someone like Anderlecht, we won 4-0 and I spotted a lad I'd known fairly well at school on the Burnden Paddock and watched the game with him.

In my youth and naivete, I bought all the beers when we went in the King Billy after the game (we were both 17), because he didn't have a job and he said he would get the beers in at the next game.

Well I've never seen him since, quite predictably. The even stupider part is I didn't have a job either, I was at sixth form college. Spending £20 on beers for some free loading twat was an expensive lesson.

If I ever catch up with him, I will let you know what happens in the revenge thread.

4Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 13:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The best way seems to be that adopted by a guy I knew at uni called Doug. He was OK except for the fact that he never bought a round. It got so bad that if 3 or 4 of us went to the bar and we had all bought a round, we would actually tell Doug "It's your turn". He would either just sit there or sometimes he would say that he had to go. I think on a couple of occasions I bought rounds for everybody but him, but this guy just couldn't or wouldn't take a hint.

Needless to say I didn't stay in touch with him but I did hear from mutual friends that he had died quite young.

5Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 13:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A favourite technique of round dodgers is to never ever be first to the bar. After a few rounds the number of drinks people want seems to go down, particularly at lunchtime. If the group is large enough the round dodger may be able to avoid buying any drinks but his worse case scenario is to buy a round with fewer drinks and not buy one for himself because he has been nursing the last drink that someone else paid for.

6Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 13:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The other technique round dodgers employ is to get their round in in Wetherspoons as part of a pub crawl or if you're going to a club afterwards.

I used to go drinking on Saturday afternoons with two mates, and we used to have petty pretend arguments about whose round it was and so on.

Me: Order Hoegaarden.
Friend A: I don't like Hoegaarden.
Me: But it's £4.50 a pint, and it's [friend B's round]
Friend A: A pint of Hoegaarden please.
Friend B: You cunts.

7Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:The other technique round dodgers employ is to get their round in in Wetherspoons as part of a pub crawl or if you're going to a club afterwards.

I used to go drinking on Saturday afternoons with two mates, and we used to have petty pretend arguments about whose round it was and so on.

Me: Order Hoegaarden.
Friend A: I don't like Hoegaarden.
Me: But it's £4.50 a pint, and it's [friend B's round]
Friend A: A pint of Hoegaarden please.
Friend B: You cunts.

There you go again with these mythical friends of yours.

8Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 14:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My dad, God rest his soul, used to have a knack of being the first one to the pub door - so he could open it, let everybody through and thus was always last person to the bar.

I don't think he ever bought the first round in, in his life!

9Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 15:00

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

good thread...

im going to try and avoid spending £100 on the next matchday (or general drinking session) now.

ive seen the light, I know were im going wrong!

10Round Dodgers at the Pub. Empty Re: Round Dodgers at the Pub. Wed May 09 2012, 23:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I had a mate of a mate a long time ago who was a top notch round dodger . Story short ,we cornered him and insisted he buy this round he fumbled thru his pockets and pulled out a woman's purse the type with a clasp and said he had brought his change purse instead of his wallet by mistake went red and said he had to go. He never came out with us again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum