Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Brighton

+15
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Keegan
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 09:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After a run of tough games against teams mainly towards the top of the division we find ourselves a couple of results off the relegation zone with an unsettled team, plenty of injuries and the rumblings of discontent amongst the fans.

The good news is that we've got a home game against a team that has struggled almost as much as us. Brighton are on the same points total (37) but are 8 goals better off than us.

The bad news is that they are coming off a good win against a much-improved Leeds side and will be confident they can score against our leaky defence which is conceding an average of three goals a game recently.

A must-win game? Not necessarily, but a win would go a long way to repairing confidence whilst a loss will probably see toys exiting prams like there's no tomorrow.

I have to believe we will win this. If we score first I think we can win by a couple or three. If they score first I think we'll eventually scrape a single goal victory.

2Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 11:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We're going to thump them.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 11:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet but I think we can take this one. 3-1 to the whites.

4Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 11:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch - Whitestone takes charge

Dean Whitestone will officiate Wanderers’ clash with Brighton & Hove Albion at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

The Northamptonshire-based referee has taken charge of just one Whites matches in the past – a 2-2 home draw with Nottingham Forest in August 2012.

A Football League Official since the 2005/06 season, he reffed his first Championship fixture the following season.

In the 21 matches he has overseen so far this campaign, Mr Whitestone has handed out 46 yellow cards and three red cards.

Mark Jones and Richard Wild will run the line, while Philip Gibbs is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 12:58

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think all home games are must win at this point. 

I fancy a win this time out.  3-1

Last edited by terenceanne on Thu Feb 26 2015, 12:59; edited 1 time in total

6Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll lose 2-1.

7Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 13:27

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Definitely must win this. 2-1 (Mills, Clough).

8Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Thu Feb 26 2015, 14:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Brighton will want this more, 1_2.

9Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Fri Feb 27 2015, 11:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The last 5 meetings between the teams:

Brighton 2-1 Bolton
Bolton 0-2 Brighton
Brighton 3-1 Bolton
Bolton 1-0 Brighton
Brighton 1-1 Bolton

Last 5 Brighton results:

Brighton 2-0 Leeds
Brighton 4-3 Birmingham
Sheff Weds 0-0 Brighton
Cardiff 0-0 Brighton
Brighton 2-3 Notts Forest

10Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Fri Feb 27 2015, 13:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Brighton

SETTING THE SCENE

Bolton Wanderers host Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday looking to end February on a high and put their recent three-match losing run behind them.

The Whites’ will also be keen to return to winning ways at Macron Stadium, having suffered a league defeat at BL6 for the first time under Neil Lennon in their last home match against Watford.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With Chris Hughton having steadied the ship since his appointment as Brighton manager at the turn of the year, the Seagulls come into the match off the back of a four-game unbeaten run.

Bolton currently find themselves behind Brighton on goal-difference alone, adding an extra element to the match with both sides keen to secure a morale-boosting victory.

TEAM NEWS

Ben Amos will make his home debut for Wanderers after Andrew Lonergan (concussion) was again ruled out, but Matt Mills returns after missing Tuesday’s match against Middlesbrough through suspension while Tim Ream (back) faces a late fitness test.

Craig Davies (hamstring) and Liam Trotter (thigh) are still unavailable as they continue their respective recoveries from injury.

Adam Bogdan (ankle), Darren Pratley (hamstring), Marc Tierney (leg), Mark Davies and Max Clayton (both knee) all remain long-term absentees.

LAST BRIGHTON XI (v Leeds United, W 2-0)

Stockdale, Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Calderon, Bennett, Ince, Kayal (Stephens 73), Baldock (Lua Lua 76), Mackail-Smith (O’Grady 81), Teixeira.

ONE TO WATCH

With match-winning braces against Ipswich Town and Birmingham City in recent weeks, on-loan Liverpool starlet Joao Carlos Teixeira has emerged as one of Brighton’s star men since the appointment of Chris Hughton as manager.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Following a brief loan stint with League One side Brentford, the Portugal Under-21 international was handed his senior Reds debut following his return to Anfield, coming on as a substitute against Fulham last season.

Joining Brighton on loan at the start of the current campaign, Teixeira made an instant impact for the Seagulls by scoring on both of his first two starts for the club against Leeds United and Bolton Wanderers.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE (Bolton 0-2 Brighton, 15 March 2014)

Despite dominating proceedings from start to finish, Wanderers’ five-match unbeaten run was brought to an end the last time they hosted Brighton at Macron Stadium.

The Whites bombarded Tomasz Kuszczak’s goal from start to finish, but failed to find a way past the Pole as a Will Buckley brace secured all three points for the Seagulls.

Medo hit the bar with a curling free-kick just before the interval, while Joe Mason also had an effort ruled out for offside midway through the second half on what ultimately proved to be a frustrating day for Bolton.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Fri Feb 27 2015, 13:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

12Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 13:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I feel quietly confident here. I'm going for a 3-2 win to us. Both defences are leaky but I feel we'll nick this because we'll be right up for it while Brighton will still be basking in the win against Leeds. I have no logical reason for this opinion, it's just a feeling I've got that says we'll win. 

Now watch us get hammered 6-0 and finish the game with seven on the pitch and Eidur in goal. Sad

13Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 14:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos, ream, feeney, mills, Le Fondre, danns, vela, heskey, clough, wheater, Bannan

Fitzsimmons, mcnaughton, Dervite, janko, eidur, walker, moxey

14Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 14:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1 up front at home, he's ruining our club.

15Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 14:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The winning team

16Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 14:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The winning team

Fingers crossed! :pray:

17Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 17:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Relieved to hear the final whistle but we're up to 17th and would have been 16th if Brentford hadn't managed to lose to Brum.
We're 9 points above Millwall but if either them or Wigan go on a charge we're only 3 points ahead of Rotherham in 21st so it could still be a problem.
Need quite a few wins to be safe yet, but at least it's a start.

18Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 17:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts will still be available for Neil Lennon's post match interview! Smile

19Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 17:52

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just got back, thought it was one of the worst Footballing games I've seen at Home this Season.

The Result and the 3pts made it Better though Very Happy

20Bolton 1-0 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Feb 28 2015, 17:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Awful match indeed, but what a goal by Clough again. Poor ball from Vela, and he somehow manages to control it and tuck it past the keeper from a difficult angle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum