View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 19]

121 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Fri Sep 23 2016, 23:35

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They ruined comics for me.
What happened to Dirty Dick?
Or Pansy Potter?
And don't get me started on Lord Snooty and his chums.

122 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Fri Sep 23 2016, 23:38

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Pansy Potter and Lord Snooty I am familiar with.

But Dirty Dick is a new one on me.

How old were you when you read these "comics"...?

And did they come from under the counter in plain brown wrapping?

123 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Fri Sep 23 2016, 23:40

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

124 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Fri Sep 23 2016, 23:54

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It has "charddick" in that link.

If it's Pandas with burnt willies, you're getting it.

125 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Sep 24 2016, 08:13

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Bread2.0 wrote:It has "charddick" in that link.

If it's Pandas with burnt willies, you're getting it.

Don't start mentioning charred genitals or else Nat will resurrect her tale of singed lady parts and Rumanian kidnappers.
Or was it Bulgarian bandits?

126 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Sep 24 2016, 09:58

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:Tony B's legacy.

The man who outlawed smoking in public and made it only slightly less cool than having sex with animals.

The pub trade died almost overnight but it stopped people from obsessing and fretting over his decision (made with help from God) to invade Iraq and destabilise the entire Middle East in the process.

Top bloke......

But he didn't ban Shisha Cafes where smoking a shisha pipe is supposed to be the equivalent of smoking 500 fags. ( Apparently )

127 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Sep 24 2016, 10:06

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Don't like those shisha things. Fred Trueman wouldn't have smoked one.

And that's good enough for me.

Not many people know it,but FS was Jewish. Just thought I'd throw that in.

128 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Sep 24 2016, 10:28

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Don't like those shisha things. Fred Trueman wouldn't have smoked one.

And that's good enough for me.

Not many people know it,but FS was Jewish. Just thought I'd throw that in.

I certainly didn't. He never came across as the kosher type.

129 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Sep 24 2016, 11:17

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's probably stretching it a bit.
In the 1990's Trueman discovered his Grandmother was Jewish,making him Jewish in Jewish law.
I don't think he was ever likely to appear in a Woody Allen film,but he said he was quite happy to be called Jewish.

Enough already. Very Happy

130 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Sep 24 2016, 11:34

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
boltonbonce wrote:It's probably stretching it a bit.
In the 1990's Trueman discovered his Grandmother was Jewish,making him Jewish in Jewish law.
I don't think he was ever likely to appear in a Woody Allen film,but he said he was quite happy to be called Jewish.

Enough already. Very Happy

... although most folk simply called him Fred!

131 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Sep 24 2016, 11:41

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did anyone see him presenting 'Indoor League' back in the day?

Hilarious.

132 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Sep 26 2016, 10:00

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone see him presenting 'Indoor League' back in the day?

Hilarious.

I used to love watching that programme on Sunday afternoons. It even had arm wrestling!

133 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Tue Sep 27 2016, 14:12

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

134 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Oct 08 2016, 00:40

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Well, we're not far off now and I actually think that this shit might happen.

The great unwashed of 'Murica love the clown in a "he speak the truth cuz them Muslims 'n' Mexicans is all dangerous" type way.

Xenophobia works, people.

You've got a core of Democrat voters who will vote Democrat automatically but there's also a large contingent who aren't sure but who will still hopefully turn out to stop Trump.

But that is far from guaranteed.

The big worry is that these Democrat voters will stay at home, thinking that it doesn't really matter if their doubts regarding Hilary prevent them from actually voting because they're only one voter and she'll still probably get in anyway because that Trump fella's so beastly and unellectable so it won't matter.

And then there's the disenfranchised black population.

Who voted for Obama and feel cheated and let down by the fact that he's in the White House and they're still living in the Shite House.

So they might not turn out because they think "What's the point?"

And that's how the twat will get in.

And then, all bets are off....

135 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Oct 08 2016, 01:58

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bread2.0 wrote:Well, we're not far off now and I actually think that this shit might happen.

The great unwashed of 'Murica love the clown in a "he speak the truth cuz them Muslims 'n' Mexicans is all dangerous" type way.

Xenophobia works, people.

You've got a core of Democrat voters who will vote Democrat automatically but there's also a large contingent who aren't sure but who will still hopefully turn out to stop Trump.

But that is far from guaranteed.

The big worry is that these Democrat voters will stay at home, thinking that it doesn't really matter if their doubts regarding Hilary prevent them from actually voting because they're only one voter and she'll still probably get in anyway because that Trump fella's so beastly and unellectable so it won't matter.

And then there's the disenfranchised black population.

Who voted for Obama and feel cheated and let down by the fact that he's in the White House and they're still living in the Shite House.

So they might not turn out because they think "What's the point?"

And that's how the twat will get in.

And then, all bets are off....
Because of the electoral college (we don't have a popular vote), Trump would have to win all the swing states to get elected... doable, but very unlikely.  It's a very old system which has outlived it's use, but that is how the game is still played unfortunately.

136 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sat Oct 08 2016, 08:05

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

137 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Sun Oct 09 2016, 12:28

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think the "just grab them by the pussy" comment has eliminated any sleeze accusations his campaign have levelled against the Clintons and a few more senior Republicans have distanced themselves as a result.

138 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 09:48

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I still believe that Trump actually doesn't want to be president but it has gone too far to back down. Nobody in history has shot themselves in the foot as many times as he has in a presidential campaign and given his wealth and therefore his ability to surround himself with the best advisers you have to question his desire.
I think it started off as a self promotion and got out of hand.

139 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 10:47

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Its difficult to call in fairness. We have one who has been dishonest in government for 30 years, whilst achieving nothing of note, against one who seems to make one error after another, even though he believes in getting America back to where it was after the disastrous foreign policies of the current administration. 
Which brings me to the subject of the Russians placing nuclear missiles in Kaliningrad, 'on exercise', a Russian enclave surrounded by European countries. A difficult one to negotiate, and I wonder how each would deal with it, especially as Putin is pushing all the time now, seeing America as weak. There's lots more to this election than who groped who, but such is the pettiness of it, other major aspects have been ignored.

140 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 11:11

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
gloswhite wrote:Its difficult to call in fairness. We have one who has been dishonest in government for 30 years, whilst achieving nothing of note, against one who seems to make one error after another, even though he believes in getting America back to where it was after the disastrous foreign policies of the current administration. 
Which brings me to the subject of the Russians placing nuclear missiles in Kaliningrad, 'on exercise', a Russian enclave surrounded by European countries. A difficult one to negotiate, and I wonder how each would deal with it, especially as Putin is pushing all the time now, seeing America as weak. There's lots more to this election than who groped who, but such is the pettiness of it, other major aspects have been ignored.
That looks to be the worry for a lot of people, there seems an obsession with trying to belittle each other and very little reasoned debate about increasingly critical domestic and world issues.
I don't think either candidate is gaining any credibility or trust and it is going to be a default vote where people either just vote for the party they always vote for or against the one they deem to be the most untrustworthy.
Nobody is going to win this election somebody is going to have to lose it, the one light at the end of the tunnel is that ineffective presidents can be marginalised in the US and just sit as a figure head with all policy decisions being taken on the hill and in quango's.

141 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 12:31

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
 or against the one they deem to be the most untrustworthy ... Apparently this would be Clinton

ineffective presidents can be marginalised ... It hasn't happened to Obama, and his policies are pulling the country apart.

I agree with you, for such a powerful position, the antics are deplorable. It really does make you wonder what a post-election world will hold for us all. Something everyone in the US seems not to have considered. Its quite worrying.

142 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 12:55

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
We think we're in a state with the quality of people we have standing in our elections but you have to say that our cousins over the pond are in an even sorrier state if the information we are getting is anything to go by.

143 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 15:58

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Very true, and all we see is a divided country, with nothing good going for it. Hopefully, once they get past this election, things will settle down, (much like Brexit, although our future is much less troublesome than theirs). 
Whether we like them or not, we need America strong, and back on the world stage. I genuinely believe Obama's foreign policies has seriously dented their chances of attaining that, for some time.

144 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 17:04

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Trump's thrill at abusing women is confirmed by his appalling abuse of Hillary.

145 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 17:57

terenceanne

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
You have to be careful what you believe when told by the mainstream media.  On both sides of the pond the media is biased to the left for the most part. It's sound bites and text taken way out of context etc. etc.

Lets say you are shouting abuse from the Nat Lofthouse stand during a game and somebody is taping you......years later you run for office and the tape magically appears..... what a nasty bloke you must be obviously. 
One president has been proven to receive blow jobs in the white house and multiple affairs and even accused of rape. Nowt said.    
Unfortunately the man in the street doesn't know or care to get the facts straight....that's how elections are won these days.
My prediction is a Hilary win in the end but it will be closer that the numskulls on TV think.

146 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 17:59

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
okocha wrote:Trump's thrill at abusing women is confirmed by his appalling abuse of Hillary.

The only surprise is that some people are still surprised by this. Trump is a deeply unpleasant individual with some disturbing views.

On the other hand Clinton is clearly dishonest and I have yet to meet an American that has a good word to say about her.

147 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 18:03

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It goes with the territory.

148 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 18:05

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:

The only surprise is that some people are still surprised by this. Trump is a deeply unpleasant individual with some disturbing views.

On the other hand Clinton is clearly dishonest and I have yet to meet an American that has a good word to say about her.

But does the fact he's a sexist pig have any bearing on his ability to lead?

149 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 18:36

terenceanne

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Correct .....

Also can somebody explain to me how Billy Boy Clinton a man in public office can cheat on his wife multiple times,  have a right old good time in the oval office...and even today has an eye for the ladies....yet you'd  be hard pressed to find a woman who doesn't like him ..... can anybody say double standard ?

150 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Mon Oct 10 2016, 18:58

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Well, he'd be hard pressed to lead females, who are presumably sickened by his attitudes! (= approx half the US population)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum