Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Donald Trump for President of the USA

Donald Trump for President of the USA

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 23]

301 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 15:30

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Lard Lad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Lard Lad wrote:Anyone seen Hillary yet?
I refuse to engage with a man who needs both hands to wipe his arse.
That sounds interesting.
And more than a little disturbing.

302 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 15:43

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Surely you mean no proof exists that there is a God.

There's no proof either way, which is my point.

Well done, you've just defined atheism.

Welcome aboard.

303 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 15:55

Guest


Guest
gloswhite wrote:Like us with Brexit, the States needed a change, especially after the desperate years of the Obama reign, in which he ended up with more debt for the country than all the other presidents put together, (don't bother asking where I've seen it 74. I just have). Clinton would have followed on in the same vein.
America will now be run by a businessman, rather than self-serving politicians, and business is what they are best at. I also think the UK will be in a better position than were were with Obama/Clinton.

The notion that running a business is the same as running a country is moronic. An economy doesn't work like a P&L account this gross over simplification is in part responsible for the likes of Osborne and Cameron duping a nation into believing shrinking the state was a necessity. 

You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Trump having run successful business in the past means he's qualified to be President, it's akin to electing Alan Sugar next Prime Minister.

Exactly how are we in a better place with Trump at the helm? He's heavily isolationist spoken of leaving Nato, ending free trade and reversing policies aimed at reducing climate change - which is a Chinese hoax apparently. Those are destructive policies.

304 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:12

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:

The notion that running a business is the same as running a country is moronic. An economy doesn't work like a P&L account this gross over simplification is in part responsible for the likes of Osborne and Cameron duping a nation into believing shrinking the state was a necessity. 

You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Trump having run successful business in the past means he's qualified to be President, it's akin to electing Alan Sugar next Prime Minister.

Exactly how are we in a better place with Trump at the helm? He's heavily isolationist spoken of leaving Nato, ending free trade and reversing policies aimed at reducing climate change - which is a Chinese hoax apparently. Those are destructive policies.

Simple question for you: are you a millionaire? Have you a long history of leading a major company?

305 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:13

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wonder how many marks out of ten he'll give Theresa May?

306 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:20

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I've said it before but I honestly believe that we're going backwards as a civilisation.

What sort of a society do we live in where a bloke who openly states that if you're a celebrity you can grab women by the you-know-what and it's fine because they love it, can be elected president only 3 months after his bizarre beliefs become public?

This isn't a vote for democracy, it's (another) vote for abandoning whatever progress we've made over the last 100 years and stepping back to a time when you could beat your wife and throw rocks at foreigners.

307 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:24

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

The notion that running a business is the same as running a country is moronic. An economy doesn't work like a P&L account this gross over simplification is in part responsible for the likes of Osborne and Cameron duping a nation into believing shrinking the state was a necessity. 

You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Trump having run successful business in the past means he's qualified to be President, it's akin to electing Alan Sugar next Prime Minister.

Exactly how are we in a better place with Trump at the helm? He's heavily isolationist spoken of leaving Nato, ending free trade and reversing policies aimed at reducing climate change - which is a Chinese hoax apparently. Those are destructive policies.

Simple question for you: are you a millionaire? Have you a long history of leading a major company?


No, but I'm not the next President of the United States.

I think you misunderstand my post. I am baffled by seemingly intelligent people who think that this (and Brexit) are good moves for their respective countries. I would love to read a valid, decent reason for Trump being 'good for Britain' but him being a business man is not one.

308 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:28

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It really is amazing. 

Definition of stupid:  Knowing the truth,seeing the truth,but still believing the lies.

309 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:31

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
boltonbonce wrote:
Lard Lad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Lard Lad wrote:Anyone seen Hillary yet?
I refuse to engage with a man who needs both hands to wipe his arse.
That sounds interesting.
And more than a little disturbing.
Maybe he needs to hold one flap aside while he wipes? i shouldn't not get engaged just for that.

310 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:33

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bread2.0 wrote:I've said it before but I honestly believe that we're going backwards as a civilisation.

What sort of a society do we live in where a bloke who openly states that if you're a celebrity you can grab women by the you-know-what and it's fine because they love it, can be elected president only 3 months after his bizarre beliefs become public?

This isn't a vote for democracy, it's (another) vote for abandoning whatever progress we've made over the last 100 years and stepping back to a time when you could beat your wife and throw rocks at foreigners.
It doesn't matter how much we advance in the world of  medicine and the digital world we all live in, human behaviour never moves very far from the jungle.



Last edited by Cajunboy on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:35; edited 1 time in total

311 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:35

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I sort of get the reasoning that the "poor and disenfranchised" want change but how is voting for an unstable, borderline psychotic, 6 times bankrupt (by the way - Some businessman, eh?), angry misogynist, racist man child with no previous political experience to way to achieve it?

And that's even ignoring the fact that he's one of the one-percenters that they're supposedly tired of being trampled on by.

312 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:35

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I'm just about to have dinner so i'll thank you to keep your relationship problems to yourself.

313 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:39

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bread2.0 wrote:I sort of get the reasoning that the "poor and disenfranchised" want change but how is voting for an unstable, borderline psychotic, 6 times bankrupt (by the way - Some businessman, eh?), angry misogynist, racist man child with no previous political experience to way to achieve it?

And that's even ignoring the fact that he's one of the one-percenters that they're supposedly tired of being trampled on by.
I guess the alternative was not very attractive either.

In UK terms the Clintons would be like having Cherie Blair in N0. 10 with Tony doing  a bit of foundation work on the side.



Last edited by Cajunboy on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:46; edited 1 time in total

314 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:46

Guest


Guest
Except Hilary has 40 years political experience compared to Don and Cherie's combined 0.

Having said that you're right, she was a poor option - but fuck me Donald made her look good.

315 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 17:13

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:This isn't a vote for democracy, it's (another) vote for abandoning whatever progress we've made over the last 100 years and stepping back to a time when you could beat your wife and throw rocks at foreigners.

Isn't that how they behave in the middle east?

316 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 17:23

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:This isn't a vote for democracy, it's (another) vote for abandoning whatever progress we've made over the last 100 years and stepping back to a time when you could beat your wife and throw rocks at foreigners.

Isn't that how they behave in the middle east?

Yes (a bit).

And one of the supreme ironies in all this is the fact that the idiots who fell for Trump's "We're gonna smash ISIS....tremendously!" bullshit and voted the twat in because he's "strong on Muslims" don't recognise the same extremist, xenophobic reaction to foreign cultures that they find so abhorrent in ISIS when they look at Trump or in the mirror.

We used to be a tolerant society and that's why we're better than ISIS but that seems to be being eroded by the likes of Trump and Farage with their lowest-common-denominator brand of political rhetoric.

317 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 18:18

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've had enough of Trump for today. It's Stan and Ollie for the time being,moving on later to W.C. Fields,and finishing with Dad's Army. Should cheer me up.
Might end the evening with 'Keeper Of The Flame',a very interesting movie starring Tracy and Hepburn. Very Happy

318 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 19:22

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
What are the odds that Trump won't last all 4 years in the White House. Either he'll resign, get assassinated or have a heart attack.

319 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 19:48

Guest


Guest

320 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 20:01

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2j 3.0 wrote:


:bow:

321 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 20:32

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Just keep in mind that all opinions are based on snippets and sound bites from whatever media you are looking at.  All have agendas either left or right. For the most part it was Trump = Bad, Hillary = Good.
The best part of today (in the USA) is the backtracking of every talking head idiot on TV who predicted a Hilary win.  Even as late as 10:30pm last night the panels of geniuses were confident. 
Rule of thumb....question everything you read or see from so-called experts .....that rule applies to football as well. Cool

322 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 20:34

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

The notion that running a business is the same as running a country is moronic. An economy doesn't work like a P&L account this gross over simplification is in part responsible for the likes of Osborne and Cameron duping a nation into believing shrinking the state was a necessity. 

You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Trump having run successful business in the past means he's qualified to be President, it's akin to electing Alan Sugar next Prime Minister.

Exactly how are we in a better place with Trump at the helm? He's heavily isolationist spoken of leaving Nato, ending free trade and reversing policies aimed at reducing climate change - which is a Chinese hoax apparently. Those are destructive policies.

Simple question for you: are you a millionaire? Have you a long history of leading a major company?


No, but I'm not the next President of the United States.

I think you misunderstand my post. I am baffled by seemingly intelligent people who think that this (and Brexit) are good moves for their respective countries. I would love to read a valid, decent reason for Trump being 'good for Britain' but him being a business man is not one.
So you've decided to be abusive have you ? Calling me a moron, and 'seemingly intelligent'.
1874, I have to say that I've noticed that no matter what is put down by someone of an opinion other than yours, you will demand facts, figures, etc, obviously you have some ADHD issues.
I don't believe I said Trump would be beneficial to the UK, but there was the possibility, comments I have now heard on TV. (sorry, I cant remember the time, place, and channel)
Regarding the businessman running the country, did it not cross your tiny mind that a new approach to such big problems might actually be possible. A negotiator rather than a confrontationalist ?
Everybody is so quick to criticise, and lets be honest, our views are built up by an anti-Trump media, but possibly this thought hadn't crossed your mind.
Apologies for having an optimistic outlook, but I have to say its got me through life rather well so far, and I still believe Brexit will be good for us. Look past next week, and you might be surprised.
If you prefer not to respond to this post, I really wouldn't be upset about it.

323 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 20:40

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
"A negotiator rather than a confrontationalist ?"


Glos, did you seriously just post that in relation to Donald "I'm suing you for saying nasty things about me on Twitter" Trump?

324 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 20:44

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Yes I did. He's been a successful businessman, (yes, I know there have been ups and down), for enough years to know how to deal with people, and not just policies.

325 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 20:48

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Also, I know he's said some outrageous things, very few of which I agreed with, but lets be honest, he's pulled off a remarkable win, and that comes through intelligence and tactics, rather than being a crayon chewing idiot.

326 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 20:52

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
gloswhite wrote:Also, I know he's said some outrageous things, very few of which I agreed with, but lets be honest, he's pulled off a remarkable win, and that comes through intelligence and tactics, rather than being a crayon chewing idiot.

No it doesn't.

It comes through exploiting the fears of narrow-minded bigots and misogynists by making up a load of outrageous shit which they lap up.

327 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 21:09

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Here we go again. 
The vast majority of his supporters, according to many reports, were from the rust belt, and those states that were seriously hit by the policies driven by the wealthy, and those playing politics in Washington, similar to the Brexit story.
Bread, before we go at it again, I have to say that I'm fed up with this arguing all the time, so if you don't mind, I'm not going to get invoved with any of this. As far as I'm concerned, its a new phase, and I'm happy to take a step back and watch what happens.

328 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 21:29

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not everyone who voted for Trump can be simply dismissed as a narrow minded bigot. It simply doesn't stack up. The Hillbilly's and roughnecks only make up a small portion of the 300 million or so population. You really have to look beyond all the rhetoric and accept that the majority of Americans voted for change. The same thing happened in the UK over Brexit. The Arabs had their Arab Spring and The west has now had their Western Winter. Whatever your viewpoint may be, you cannot deny the rule of democracy. The majority of the population elect the government of the day and until another system is invented, it will always be that way.

329 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 21:43

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can everyone please remember Bread is the person who thought he'd secured his dream job only to forget he had to work notice in his current job.

He munches crayons while the bread is baking.

330 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 21:48

Guest


Guest
gloswhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

The notion that running a business is the same as running a country is moronic. An economy doesn't work like a P&L account this gross over simplification is in part responsible for the likes of Osborne and Cameron duping a nation into believing shrinking the state was a necessity. 

You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Trump having run successful business in the past means he's qualified to be President, it's akin to electing Alan Sugar next Prime Minister.

Exactly how are we in a better place with Trump at the helm? He's heavily isolationist spoken of leaving Nato, ending free trade and reversing policies aimed at reducing climate change - which is a Chinese hoax apparently. Those are destructive policies.

Simple question for you: are you a millionaire? Have you a long history of leading a major company?


No, but I'm not the next President of the United States.

I think you misunderstand my post. I am baffled by seemingly intelligent people who think that this (and Brexit) are good moves for their respective countries. I would love to read a valid, decent reason for Trump being 'good for Britain' but him being a business man is not one.
So you've decided to be abusive have you ? Calling me a moron, and 'seemingly intelligent'.
1874, I have to say that I've noticed that no matter what is put down by someone of an opinion other than yours, you will demand facts, figures, etc, obviously you have some ADHD issues.
I don't believe I said Trump would be beneficial to the UK, but there was the possibility, comments I have now heard on TV. (sorry, I cant remember the time, place, and channel)
Regarding the businessman running the country, did it not cross your tiny mind that a new approach to such big problems might actually be possible. A negotiator rather than a confrontationalist ?
Everybody is so quick to criticise, and lets be honest, our views are built up by an anti-Trump media, but possibly this thought hadn't crossed your mind.
Apologies for having an optimistic outlook, but I have to say its got me through life rather well so far, and I still believe Brexit will be good for us. Look past next week, and you might be surprised.
If you prefer not to respond to this post, I really wouldn't be upset about it.

Asking somebody to back up spurious claims is a normal thing to do, I don't see the issue and I'm pretty sure it's not a symptom of ADHD - but who knows!

You said the UK is in a better position with Trump rather than Obama/Clinton, seems pretty clear to me so I asked which policies?

Trumps career has been confrontational from the start look at how he's taken on Atlantic City's state government. He's an aggressive business man - maybe that will work for him in office.

My issue with his popularity is that it seems to be the working class vote that he's won, a class he's trampled on throughout his career to get to where he is. Not paying tax for instance or displacing poor people to build luxury apartments or defaulting on loans declaring bankruptcy and robbing a state dry. Apologies for not being 'optimistic' but when you comapre his rhetoric from his actions you can only think he's a class A bullshitter.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum