Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Donald Trump for President of the USA

Donald Trump for President of the USA

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 23]

331 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:00

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can remember when Reagan got into power and a lot of sceptics were forecasting doom and gloom with the new gunslinger in town. In reality, he brought an end to the cold war with his star wars programme, forged better links with the UK through his friendship with Maggie and put Ghaddafi in his place with regards to harboring terrorists in Libya. Even the most biased Democrat historians would struggle to make a case for the Reagan administration being a disaster.

Trump may just turn out to be a breath of fresh air and his illegitimate son is a half decent snooker player as well!

332 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:07

Guest


Guest
Reebok Trotter wrote:I can remember when Reagan got into power and a lot of sceptics were forecasting doom and gloom with the new gunslinger in town. In reality, he brought an end to the cold war with his star wars programme, forged better links with the UK through his friendship with Maggie and put Ghaddafi in his place with regards to harboring terrorists in Libya. Even the most biased Democrat historians would struggle to make a case for the Reagan administration being a disaster.

Trump may just turn out to be a breath of fresh air and his illegitimate son is a half decent snooker player as well!
I hope you dont mean this utter jeb end

333 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:12

Guest


Guest
Very Happy

Think he meant Judd Trump Johnny! Two of Don's bellend sons there though you are right.

334 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:14

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Its done and finished as far as I am concerned 74. Like Brexit, you can't go back, and as I've said previously, change was needed, and that's whats happened. Nit picking every comment, view, or remark isn't what I do. I read, and listen, a lot, and tend to forget most of the finer detail, once I have what I regard as the main details. Its obviously not the way you work, and I can't help wonder why you haven't heard/read the same things I have, and constantly have to be reminded of where, when, etc.
As I said to Bread, I've had enough of all this invective, so I'll just watch and listen, but one thing I won't do, (if I can help it), is make any more comments about the presidential race.

335 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:16

Guest


Guest
bwfc1874 wrote:Very Happy

Think he meant Judd Trump Johnny! Two of Don's bellend sons there though you are right.
Ah sorry.  Not a snooker fan so didnt get it.  But it was a good excuse to show how his legitimate sons spend their spare time.

336 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:28

Guest


Guest
gloswhite wrote:Its done and finished as far as I am concerned 74. Like Brexit, you can't go back, and as I've said previously, change was needed, and that's whats happened. Nit picking every comment, view, or remark isn't what I do. I read, and listen, a lot, and tend to forget most of the finer detail, once I have what I regard as the main details. Its obviously not the way you work, and I can't help wonder why you haven't heard/read the same things I have, and constantly have to be reminded of where, when, etc.
As I said to Bread, I've had enough of all this invective, so I'll just watch and listen, but one thing I won't do, (if I can help it), is make any more comments about the presidential race.

Why should I just take your word for it? The only thing I remember asking you to justify was the claim she had a proven past which showed how dirty she was. You replied saying the Clintons had accepted donations from convicted drug dealers in return for pardons, ive heard that sort of thing from Trumps campaign but no evidence to support it.

As I said I find it difficult to understand why he's been voted in by a demographic (white working class the analysis shows) for which he's done so much damage to in the past. 

That baffles me, as do the amount of people who have believed the propaganda put out by his campaign (e.g. Clinton pardoning dealers for donations). 

Maybe it's true and I'm wrong but I'm yet to see any evidence, and apparently asking for it is a sign of ADHD.

Enough Trump though, let's see what he does - as his rhetoric has been so far from reality for so long it's the only fair way to judge - same goes for Brexit. once that starts.



Last edited by bwfc1874 on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:40; edited 1 time in total

337 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:40

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:
That baffles me, as do the amount of people who have believed the propaganda put out by his campaign (e.g. Clinton pardoning dealers for donations). 


Why do you assume they believed the propaganda? You admit yourself that both candidates were awful, perhaps people just thought Trump would do a better job than Clinton despite the bullshit.

338 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:40

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
As I see it, the Clintons have been somewhat of a political dynasty in America since Bill got the nod in 92. I suspect the majority have simply had enough of seeing the Clinton's grow wealthy while the working class have struggled to make ends meet. Sometimes, a change is as good as a rest.

339 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:46

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
You don't have to take my word for anything. Same as I don't have to respond to your constant requests for details.
Whilst on here, I've also been listening to the news comments and political pundits, and its quite remarkable how opinion is changing, and there are even reports of possible benefits of his presidency, whilst plans are being made to improve peoples futures, along with the demise of the 'Washington buddy system'
As you say, 'enough Trump', as I think we will have enough work on our hands with the implementation of Brexit.

340 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:47

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
That baffles me, as do the amount of people who have believed the propaganda put out by his campaign (e.g. Clinton pardoning dealers for donations). 


Why do you assume they believed the propaganda? You admit yourself that both candidates were awful, perhaps people just thought Trump would do a better job than Clinton despite the bullshit.


Very fair point, I just think that as you can't judge his actions in a positive way then you end up solely going off the propaganda - which is risky.

As I've said though he has to act now on a lot of big promises. Let's see what he does.



Last edited by bwfc1874 on Wed Nov 09 2016, 23:04; edited 1 time in total

341 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Wed Nov 09 2016, 23:02

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote: I think we will have enough work on our hands with the implementation of Brexit.

At last something we can agree on!

342 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 00:04

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Don't know why you take 74 on, glos.

343 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:15

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
He didn't.

Glos said what he said, which was fine for the vast amount of the rest of us but because '74' didn't want Trump to win, he once again went into 'argumentative' mode - something of which he has a long and noted history on the internet for.

Glos being the decent person he is, initially tried to answer 74's questions - like most of us would - but it soon became apparent that this was never going to end - so he did the only thing he could and withdrew from the ongoing dialogue between the two.

I don't know if 74 thinks in his own mind that arguing ad nauseam is showing himself to be smarter than the other person, or he just carries on relentlessly until the other person gives up replying and he thus thinks he has proved his 'internet' point in some way or other, but either way it as the effect of ultimately 'killing' the dialogue between the two, makes utterly boring reading for the rest of us, and gains neither him, us, or the forum in general, any benefit whatsoever.

He once told me he is argumentative in real life.

If that really is true then no wonder he has to resort to being so on here as I would imagine most people who know him would now deliberately keep out of his way rather than endure never ending (and mostly pointless) 'debates'.

The real shame is that 74 can add a great deal to a forum if and when he wants to.

344 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:31

Guest


Guest
Ah here we go, Sluffy jumping on an opportunity to have a dig - I guess you're annoyed once again because numerous posters including myself have pointed out your agenda against the ST on another thread.

All I did was question Glos and the general support of Trump (I don't see how I've been any more argumentative than anyone else). I don't think Glos has an issue with me or my arguments, I certainly don't with him.

Do apologise if I've bored you though Sluffy, if only we were all as interesting and witty as you.

345 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:47

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
bwfc1874 wrote:Ah here we go, Sluffy jumping on an opportunity to have a dig - I guess you're annoyed once again because numerous posters including myself have pointed out your agenda against the ST on another thread.

All I did was question Glos and the general support of Trump (I don't see how I've been any more argumentative than anyone else). I don't think Glos has an issue with me or my arguments, I certainly don't with him.

Do apologise if I've bored you though Sluffy, if only we were all as interesting and witty as you.

Really!?!

gloswhite wrote:So you've decided to be abusive have you ? Calling me a moron, and 'seemingly intelligent'.

1874, I have to say that I've noticed that no matter what is put down by someone of an opinion other than yours, you will demand facts, figures, etc, obviously you have some ADHD issues.

If you prefer not to respond to this post, I really wouldn't be upset about it.

As for the ST -

Sluffy wrote:In fact I have deliberately not commented on the ST for several months now, in an attempt to let this matter drop.  

Clearly though others can't or won't!

Rolling Eyes

Finally I've never claimed to be interesting or witty, I'm happy enough with what I am and have no urge or desire to prove something/anything on the internet like some clearly feel the need to.

346 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:54

Guest


Guest
Actually, I didn't call Glos a moron, I said the argument that Trump was qualified due to his business background was moronic. 

If Glos has an issue I'm sure he's capable of telling me himself but I'd be very surprised if he does, the only poster who seems keen to escalate this is you. As far as I'm concerned I've nothing else to say until President Trump starts to play out a bit.

I think most will be surprised by your unprovoked attack on me, it's certainly come out of the blue. If you want me to stop posting feel free to ban me, but I can't see what I've done wrong.

347 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:10

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
"Hey....Supporters Trust! I ruv you guys.....seeweously!"

348 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:14

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
I've not 'escalated' anything, or 'attacked you' but merely responded to a post from Boggers.

Glos clearly HAS an issue with you otherwise he would not have posted what he did - particularly the very thinly veiled 'don't bother to reply please' bit on the end!

In the world of the internet you have done nothing wrong so there is no need for any type of ban but are you saying truly that in real life you don't know when to let things drop, particularly if they are of no real importance other than just a difference in somebody else's point of view to your own?

I hope for your own sake you can or you are just going to make real life very lonely for yourself in the long run.






349 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:22

Guest


Guest
I'm struggling to see what your issue is here, Glos, I and others on this thread have been discussing Trump's victory. Like Brexit it's an emotive subject for anyone who has taken an interest, hence maybe it got a little tetchy - no harm done. 

You seem to have developed a pretty strong opinion against what I've said over the course of the thread, you'd have to point out to me (and anybody else reading the thread) what that is exactly though, because I've no idea what's set you off.

Please don't try and comment on what I'm like 'in real life' we've never met, we never will and you've no idea - I'v certainly never said to you 'I don't let things drop'.

350 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:45

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Thanks for your comments Sluffy, much appreciated.
Even though I was getting irate, very frustrated would be more accurate, I tried to respond to 58, but as you say, in the end I gave in.
There's no malice in any of the posts, but with all the demands for where, when, etc, I did feel I was whistling in the wind, when the emphasis changed to providing minutiae for everything.
I've learned, again, not to get too involved with 58's conversations, and realise that when I tend to work in more broader, (informed),overviews, and he works in details, then there will always be a mismatch in approach. 
No damage done, other than I need to buy, with such a long thread, more Paracetamol, . Very Happy

351 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:48

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
bwfc1874 wrote:I'm struggling to see what your issue is here, Glos, I and others on this thread have been discussing Trump's victory. Like Brexit it's an emotive subject for anyone who has taken an interest, hence maybe it got a little tetchy - no harm done. 

You seem to have developed a pretty strong opinion against what I've said over the course of the thread, you'd have to point out to me (and anybody else reading the thread) what that is exactly though, because I've no idea what's set you off.

Please don't try and comment on what I'm like 'in real life' we've never met, we never will and you've no idea - I'v certainly never said to you 'I don't let things drop'.


You have posted to me on this forum that you are argumentative in real life and it has stood you in good stead up to now.

It's there if you doubt me and want to find it.

Frankly I don't give a toss who you are or what you are like as a person, you're nothing more than an internet persona to me.

I very much doubt you are anything as argumentative as you wish to portray yourself on here but if you are then best of luck for the future because no one will put up with that behaviour indefinitely.

352 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:56

Guest


Guest
Wow, got to say I'm pretty amazed by both of you backing each other up on this. 

I asked Glos for details of what corrupt acts Clinton did in her past, that's about the only detail I did ask for. The constant posts about me demanding minute details from you are simply not true and all it takes is scrolling back a couple of pages to see for yourself. 

I'll make sure not to ask you a question again Glos, I had no idea it wound you up so much.

353 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:11

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy,

Why do you maintain a stance regarding obvious wum accounts along the lines of: "Let them get on with it and don't interfere because everybody should be grown up to get along and we're not here to get involved and tell people what to post" but then...

...when it's someone you clearly don't like (74 in this case, take note Glos - not 58), you think it's ok to shoehorn your nose in and start handing out your patronising lectures?

That's what winds me up - double standards.

Again....

354 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:12

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
74, (apologies, called you 58 previously), I won't say it didn't wind me up, because it did. Maybe it was a cumulative effect over all, or at least many of your posts, where you always ask for more. I don't mind questions, but I sometimes think they are needless, when the topic in question is well documented and discussed.
I don't see the point in us getting too wound up over this, and think that we'll just have to move on to the next argument discussion.  Very Happy

If this is the only problem we have to contend with, we are indeed, very lucky people.

355 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:15

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Cheers Breaders, I noticed the incorrect 58 when I went to respond. I'll have 58 on at me now  Very Happy

356 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:20

Guest


Guest
Bread2.0 wrote:Sluffy,

Why do you maintain a stance regarding obvious wum accounts along the lines of: "Let them get on with it and don't interfere because everybody should be grown up to get along and we're not here to get involved and tell people what to post" but then...

...when it's someone you clearly don't like (74 in this case, take note Glos - not 58), you think it's ok to shoehorn your nose in and start handing out your patronising lectures?

That's what winds me up - double standards.

Again....

:clap:

Exactly, plenty of boring or even abusive fake accounts have gone undisturbed in the past. Yet simply because Sluffy's got an issue with me I get a grief over non events like the above.

357 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:25

Guest


Guest
gloswhite wrote:74, (apologies, called you 58 previously), I won't say it didn't wind me up, because it did. Maybe it was a cumulative effect over all, or at least many of your posts, where you always ask for more. I don't mind questions, but I sometimes think they are needless, when the topic in question is well documented and discussed.
I don't see the point in us getting too wound up over this, and think that we'll just have to move on to the next argument discussion.  Very Happy

If this is the only problem we have to contend with, we are indeed, very lucky people.

For me, asking questions and being questioned about issues I have an opinion on expands the range and depth of my view. One good point raised by you was about Trump draining the swamp, not something I’d put too much thought on before but you are right, as was a friend of mine in the pub after work who spoke about Trump’s lack of corporate sponsorship being a positive.

As mentioned though I didn't know I was winding you up, didn't mean to and I apologise.

358 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:31

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Bread2.0 wrote:Sluffy,

Why do you maintain a stance regarding obvious wum accounts along the lines of: "Let them get on with it and don't interfere because everybody should be grown up to get along and we're not here to get involved and tell people what to post" but then...

...when it's someone you clearly don't like (74 in this case, take note Glos - not 58), you think it's ok to shoehorn your nose in and start handing out your patronising lectures?

That's what winds me up - double standards.

Again....

Well for a start I don't believe 74 to be a wum account.

Secondly, ALL accounts should be modded equally.  In this case Glos himself more or less said that he had had enough of the seemingly never ending argument from 74.

Which 74 has now offered his apology.

Third, only those few who have long term issues with me - such as yourself (note - once again your post above having a pop at me over the ST, even though I didn't even raise the subject in the first place!) - believe that I 'shoehorn my nose in' and give 'patronising lectures'.

Lastly, talking about double standards is a bit rich coming from someone who was all over me like a rash one moment because you wanted me to permanently ban someone you didn't like and now very anti me ever since because I didn't!

359 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:51

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
bwfc1874 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:74, (apologies, called you 58 previously), I won't say it didn't wind me up, because it did. Maybe it was a cumulative effect over all, or at least many of your posts, where you always ask for more. I don't mind questions, but I sometimes think they are needless, when the topic in question is well documented and discussed.
I don't see the point in us getting too wound up over this, and think that we'll just have to move on to the next argument discussion.  Very Happy

If this is the only problem we have to contend with, we are indeed, very lucky people.

For me, asking questions and being questioned about issues I have an opinion on expands the range and depth of my view. One good point raised by you was about Trump draining the swamp, not something I’d put too much thought on before but you are right, as was a friend of mine in the pub after work who spoke about Trump’s lack of corporate sponsorship being a positive.

As mentioned though I didn't know I was winding you up, didn't mean to and I apologise.
No apologies needed mate. as long as were on an even keel again  :good:

360 Re: Donald Trump for President of the USA on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:56

Guest


Guest
Sluffy wrote:

Secondly, ALL accounts should be modded equally.  In this case Glos himself more or less said that he had had enough of the seemingly never ending argument from 74.

Which 74 has now offered his apology.


My apology to Glos was on the basis of his getting wound up - that was not intentional - I don't think asking somebody questions is in any way out of order and it's telling you can't give me any example of where I have been.

And your so called never-ending argument works both ways, we made the same number of posts, it's an interesting topic for which we both have views.

We'd have been just fine without your condescending lecture this morning, totally unnecessary and clearly a result of your long standing issue with me rather than a protection of Glos.

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum