Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No rift at board level, assures Wanderers boss Neil Lennon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon has denied any "internal fracture" between himself and the Wanderers board, reiterating his intention to stay and fight for his job at the Macron Stadium.

Despite admitting last week that he was unaware of the exact reasoning behind the spending limitations placed on him in the last 12 months, the Whites boss has attempted to diffuse some of the bad feeling by playing down speculation of division within the club.

Lennon put on a brave face after Saturday’s 0-0 home draw with Bristol City, which sees the club remain three points adrift in the relegation zone over the international break.

And the Northern Irishman remains confident he can lead the club to safety this season – an achievement he believes would rank as high as anything he did north of the border with Celtic.

“There’s no fracture between me and anyone at board level,” he claimed. “I have got their support.

“I don’t feel under pressure but results tend to change things. I want to be here for a concerted period of time.

“I am enjoying this challenge. It’s frustrating but it’s part of growing up as a manager.

“If I see it out it’ll be as good as anything I have done so far in my career.”

The feeling of uncertainty was ramped up further on Friday night as a report in one national newspaper claimed staff at the Macron had openly been discussing the prospect of administration and job losses.

The article’s content was flatly denied by senior sources at the club, and a statement was issued on Saturday morning.

Lennon kept his distance, confirming he will not use the lack of cash at his disposal as an excuse for failure at Bolton.

“I have known about the financial problems for a long time so I am not hiding behind them,” he said.

“I completely understand that and trust my own managerial skills to work with what I've got and maybe find a nugget here and there between now and the next game.

“I think we can do better and we will.”

Asked specifically about the prospect of administration, or the information he has been passed on at board level, he added: “I’m not aware of it. I’m not in any fight with anyone. I’m getting thoroughly supported by the board, in particular the chairman.

“It is difficult. We can’t go out and buy players on big money at the moment so we have to try and find someone on loan who will make us better.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum