Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon challenges Bolton Wanderers players to make it back-to-back home wins

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NEIL Lennon has urged Wanderers not to throw away the momentum they have gained from victory over Blackburn Rovers on Monday.

Three points against Huddersfield Town this weekend could lift the Whites off the bottom of the table for the first time in five weeks.

Lennon – whose own prospects got a shot in the arm thanks to Gary Madine’s derby winner – is hoping his team can string together back-to-back wins for the first time since last December.

“We have to build on it,” he told The Bolton News. “The players need to play just as strongly on Saturday and the fans – well they have been brilliant, we can’t ask any more.

“I’d like us to be more clinical in front of goal at times but I can’t have everything. What I got against Blackburn is what I wanted, and that’s three points.

“The players were smarting from Saturday and it’s amazing the turnaround but that’s the unpredictability of sport, and the nature of the footballer.”

Lennon reckons his players went out on Monday with the criticism of fans still ringing in their ears after the desperate 4-0 drubbing at Rotherham.

“Before the game I said to them they owe it to the supporters because they had made their feelings pretty clear on Saturday,” he said. “I said they have to take responsibility – as we all do – and front up. They did, for sure.

“I don’t take personal validation. You take responsibility for the wins and you take responsibility for the losses. That is only our second one this season so now it’s a question of whether we can build on it.

“I’m proud of them because they were under immense pressure against Blackburn in what could have been an incredibly difficult game.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14172911.Lennon_challenges_Wanderers_players_to_make_it_back_to_back_home_wins/?ref=mr&lp=16

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum