Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 19]

61 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 15 2015, 13:25

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Jumped out of bed this morning and stood on a 3 pin plug. Great start to the day.
Don't like Luther either. Laughing

62 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 15 2015, 14:35

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
bwfc1874 wrote:Anybody been watching the Bridge? (Scandi version not shitty we can't be arsed to read subtitles American version).

3rd series is on iplayer at the moment, darker and faster paced than the first 2 but seriously good.

Yes, I agree.

Never watched the American version but found the Anglo-French version (The Tunnel) OK.

63 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:26

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
xmiles wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Anybody been watching the Bridge? (Scandi version not shitty we can't be arsed to read subtitles American version).

3rd series is on iplayer at the moment, darker and faster paced than the first 2 but seriously good.

Yes, I agree.

Never watched the American version but found the Anglo-French version (The Tunnel) OK.
Yes- I'm watching it and I think its great Saga (the actress, not the ones who send me letters about chair lifts) is excellent. Finishes on Saturday -so I hope there's more.

64 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 16 2015, 23:20

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
If you like The Bridge you will probably also enjoy Fargo although this has a very different tone.

65 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 17 2015, 08:35

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
xmiles wrote:If you like The Bridge you will probably also enjoy Fargo although this has a very different tone.

Cheers exmiles-I'll watch that  as well. I enjoy Scandi-noir much better than most American stuff as it broods, takes much longer to unravel and is acted by far better actors than trash like NCIS and all that poor quality stuff.

66 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:28

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fargo was excellent. I have ordered Season 2 for Xmas. 

Rammy have you watched The Killing ? It's another Scandinavian production with plenty of twists and turns. The American version is set in Seattle.

67 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:31

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Reebok Trotter wrote:Fargo was excellent. I have ordered Season 2 for Xmas. 

Rammy have you watched The Killing ? It's another Scandinavian production with plenty of twists and turns. The American version is set in Seattle.

Hi RT,
I saw the Killing-and enjoyed the Scandi one. I watched a bit of the US one  but I wasn't over impressed with it.
I'll get the Fargo stuff and have a look at that. is it based in the US?

68 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:35

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Fargo is great Rammy, the first series was great and the second is just as good. Very quirky but excellent viewing

69 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 17 2015, 10:42

Guest


Guest
Billy Bob Thornton was brilliant in the first series, haven't got round to watching the second yet.

One other Scandi drama worth watching is Borgen.

70 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 17 2015, 11:13

Guest


Guest
I wasn't sure about Fargo Season 2 at first, but it's turned out to be fantastic.

Can't wait for the finale next week.

71 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Dec 18 2015, 11:29

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
the last episode of Peep Show was on Wednesday and was fantastic and a great end to the show, it's a shame there won't be anymore as its been one of my favourites for many years

72 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Dec 18 2015, 11:31

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:the last episode of Peep Show was on Wednesday and was fantastic and a great end to the show, it's a shame there won't be anymore as its been one of my favourites for many years
I kept forgetting to watch the final series, downloading it now is a must.

Fantastic sitcom.

73 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:26

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Do we have any Deadwood fans?

I've just finished the first series today, done a bit of Wikipedia research on it, turns out the main fella in it - who I was expecting to be some nobody Italian American actor - is actually from Blackburn and the son of a Wanderers player from the 40's. Harry McShane that is for the site codgers.

Highly recommended.



74 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:34

Guest


Guest
doffcocker wrote:Do we have any Deadwood fans?

I've just finished the first series today, done a bit of Wikipedia research on it, turns out the main fella in it - who I was expecting to be some nobody Italian American actor - is actually from Blackburn and the son of a Wanderers player from the 40's. Harry McShane that is for the site codgers.

Highly recommended.




You honestly have no idea who the the real and original Lovejoy is?

Seriously, Doff.......?

Kids today....sheesh!  Very Happy

75 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 22 2015, 16:47

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Breadman wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Do we have any Deadwood fans?

I've just finished the first series today, done a bit of Wikipedia research on it, turns out the main fella in it - who I was expecting to be some nobody Italian American actor - is actually from Blackburn and the son of a Wanderers player from the 40's. Harry McShane that is for the site codgers.

Highly recommended.




You honestly have no idea who the the real and original Lovejoy is?

Seriously, Doff.......?

Kids today....sheesh!  Very Happy

I've heard of it Bread and I now know that the bloke in question is sort of the face of it, but that's all I'm afraid.

76 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:01

Guest


Guest
Lovejoy's mullet was legendary back in the day.

He was eye candy for the Mums on Sunday night before they got Downton.

77 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:34

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Didn't his Dad play for the Red Death?

78 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:53

Guest


Guest
I always thought he did and that's why Lovejoy always had a Utd mug in the show.

(Seriously)

79 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Dec 22 2015, 17:55

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

80 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 23 2015, 08:43

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
anyone on here watch Love/Hate? Its an Irish gangster series set in Dublin. Just watched the second series on Spike but have had to buy the rest on DVD as can't find it showing anywhere on UK TV.

81 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 23 2015, 08:45

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
no idea why my old attempt to wind up Boggers is showing at the bottom of my post.

KP I thought signatures had been turned off?

82 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 23 2015, 10:30

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Switched back off now.  Thanks

83 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 27 2015, 20:21

Guest


Guest
Watched the new Quentin Tarantino film today. A half hour story dragged out for 2 hours 45 minutes.

84 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 27 2015, 20:59

Guest


Guest
Ive just watched the polar opposite of that in adam sandlers new one, the ridiculous 6.  Utterly stupid but fun.

85 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Jan 03 2016, 21:19

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've been pretty disappointed with the TV entertainment on offer over the festive period,which shouldn't really have surprised me.
'Sherlock' was well worth waiting for,but the highlight for me was 'Leningrad & the Orchestra that defied Hitler'. Catch it on the BBC iplayer.
Left me quite tearful.(But in a manly way)

86 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Jan 03 2016, 23:26

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
boltonbonce wrote:I've been pretty disappointed with the TV entertainment on offer over the festive period,which shouldn't really have surprised me.
'Sherlock' was well worth waiting for,but the highlight for me was 'Leningrad & the Orchestra that defied Hitler'. Catch it on the BBC iplayer.
Left me quite tearful.(But in a manly way)

Surprised you didn't list Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Specials amongst your favourite viewing over the holidays, Bouncy?

:bomb:

87 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Jan 03 2016, 23:28

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
boltonbonce wrote:I've been pretty disappointed with the TV entertainment on offer over the festive period,which shouldn't really have surprised me.
'Sherlock' was well worth waiting for,but the highlight for me was 'Leningrad & the Orchestra that defied Hitler'. Catch it on the BBC iplayer.
Left me quite tearful.(But in a manly way)
totally agree with both of those bonce but I also quite enjoyed the Dr Who xmas day episode. Utterly and totally silly but reminiscent of the best of Tom Baker in its sheer ludicrousness. And since when was River Song so dense, he practically held up a sign saying "Hello Sweetie" and she still didn't get it. It was a hell of a laugh when she did though. "Oh you are so doing those roots."  Laughing

88 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Jan 03 2016, 23:36

Guest


Guest
Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I've been pretty disappointed with the TV entertainment on offer over the festive period,which shouldn't really have surprised me.
'Sherlock' was well worth waiting for,but the highlight for me was 'Leningrad & the Orchestra that defied Hitler'. Catch it on the BBC iplayer.
Left me quite tearful.(But in a manly way)

Surprised you didn't list Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Specials amongst your favourite viewing over the holidays, Bouncy?

:bomb:
I'm going to start calling him Bouncy from now on.

89 Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Jan 04 2016, 00:41

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Barb Dwyer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I've been pretty disappointed with the TV entertainment on offer over the festive period,which shouldn't really have surprised me.
'Sherlock' was well worth waiting for,but the highlight for me was 'Leningrad & the Orchestra that defied Hitler'. Catch it on the BBC iplayer.
Left me quite tearful.(But in a manly way)

Surprised you didn't list Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Specials amongst your favourite viewing over the holidays, Bouncy?

:bomb:
I'm going to start calling him Bouncy from now on.


Ooops!

Sorry.


Very Happy

90 Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Jan 04 2016, 05:51

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Never been a fan of Mrs Brown,but I've been surprised at the number elderly ladies who adore it. Didn't think it would be their cup of tea.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum