Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 21 of 22]

601 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 13 2017, 16:25

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Its about a man who comes out of prison after years and ends up pretending to be a sheriff in a little town. It really is a great watch and the fight scenes are amazing.

It will probably be on demand on Sky and Now TV i reckon.

602 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:16

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Christmas TV has been shite, I ended up watching 3 seasons of The Inbetweeners on Christmas Day while Cedric rubbed my feet.

Netflix kept banging on about their first blockbuster movie, Bright, but it was about as bright as KP.

Sky Movies big premiere was fooking Beauty And The Beast, a story everyone knows so what's the fooking point?

Absolute shite.

603 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:42

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you bought decent slippers,he wouldn't need to rub your feet. I can point you in the right direction in this matter,because,I also have a large collection of ladies slippers.
The reasons for this needn't concern you,but feel free to pick my brain.
I hope you've returned with a sweeter nature.

604 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 27 2017, 12:28

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bonce, I was given slippers for Christmas but they are more like girls' bootees. Will they do or should I throw them back in my relative's face? Better than mules, at least, as well as comfy and warm.......

605 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 27 2017, 13:19

y2johnny

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
Have you watched stranger things Nat?  First series was brilliant. Second wasn't as good but still better than anything else on this year.

But i liked Bright so my opinion might not count for much

606 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 27 2017, 13:48

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:Bonce, I was given slippers for Christmas but they are more like girls' bootees. Will they do or should I throw them back in my relative's face? Better than mules, at least, as well as comfy and warm.......
Anything with an added bobble,bow or ribbon should be binned. I usually check myself in a full length mirror,before allowing the gaze of the general populace to fall upon them.
I don't want to look ridiculous. I once made the mistake wearing a pair of curly toed jobs,without so checking,and paid the price.
I looked like an extra from Ali Baba and the forty thieves.
Comfy and warm is all well and good,but always remember you're a man.

607 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 27 2017, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:Have you watched stranger things Nat?  First series was brilliant. Second wasn't as good but still better than anything else on this year.

I did, and agree with what you say. I also watched "Dark" which was fantastic.

608 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Dec 27 2017, 14:07

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Have you watched stranger things Nat?  First series was brilliant. Second wasn't as good but still better than anything else on this year.

I did, and agree with what you say. I also watched "Dark" which was fantastic.
The second season of 'Stranger Things' was,indeed,a disappointment,and I'm hoping it doesn't get too much up its own arse.
Enjoyed it though,for all that.

609 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 28 2017, 00:43

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
This year I have been mostly watching shit. Worst xmas TV ever.

610 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Dec 28 2017, 17:23

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I'm finding "Little Women" strangely erotic.

I think it must be my age.

611 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Jan 16 2018, 19:02

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" won 4 Golden Globes at this year's ceremony: Best Film, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Best Screenplay..... and I couldn't argue against any of them.

Catch it whilst it's still on general release. The only shame was that there was no award for best ensemble cast, which it would surely have won. Woody Harrelson was superb.

612 Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Jan 16 2018, 19:52

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" won 4 Golden Globes at this year's ceremony: Best Film, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Best Screenplay..... and I couldn't argue against any of them.

Catch it whilst it's still on general release. The only shame was that there was no award for best ensemble cast, which it would surely have won. Woody Harrelson was superb.
Watched it online this afternoon. Brilliant.

As you say,the cast was amazing. Can't recommend it highly enough.

613 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 08:39

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Naughty Boncey, the FBI will be after you  Very Happy

What site do you use by the way? Asking for a friend....

614 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 12:33

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Naughty Boncey, the FBI will be after you  Very Happy

What site do you use by the way? Asking for a friend....
http://0123movies.com/movies-three-billboards-outside-ebbing-missouri-2017-0123movies.html?play=1

615 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 14:33

Sluffy

Admin
Anybody been watching Inside Number 9?

It's in its fourth series now (so somebody might have already mentioned it on this thread and I forgotten that they have - if so sorry).

Basically they are individual half hour black humour (can I still say that - if not please forgive me, nothing intended by it) horror story's written by two of the blokes out of the League of Gentlemen.

Very clever stuff and all very different story's to each other.

Well worth a watch imo -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09ldfgl/inside-no-9-series-4-1-zanzibar

616 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 15:35

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The new series of Black Mirror doesn't live up to the hype IMO although I've only seen the first two as yet - hopefully it will get better. Ditto Silent Witness - the lead actress is starting to get on my tits. Currently enjoying McMafia although James Norton has more then a passing resemblance to Dermot O'Leary which I find a bit off-putting. Still working my way through Suburra which is OK.

617 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:01

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Sluffy wrote:Anybody been watching Inside Number 9?

It's in its fourth series now (so somebody might have already mentioned it on this thread and I forgotten that they have - if so sorry).

Basically they are individual half hour black humour (can I still say that - if not please forgive me, nothing intended by it) horror story's written by two of the blokes out of the League of Gentlemen.

Well worth a watch imo -

Big fan of this and anything the League of Gentlemen team do on TV.

618 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:04

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Just finished watching the Tunnel vengeance, very dark stuff but a great watch.

The finest gangster series you'll ever see (other than the Sopranos) is back at the end of the month - Gomorrah is back for a 3rd series.If you haven't seen the first 2 series then i can't recommend it highly enough, it is simply brilliant.

619 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Just finished watching the Tunnel vengeance, very dark stuff but a great watch.

I fell asleep after two episodes. I've had more fun putting germoline on my fanny.

620 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:08

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
That's me not eating for the rest of the day, how do i get that image removed from my brain without having a lobotomy?

621 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:25

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:That's me not eating for the rest of the day, how do i get that image removed from my brain without having a lobotomy?
Tell her she won't need to use the germolene if she stops flicking her bean all day everyday!

622 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:26

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
that's made the image even worse KP  affraid

623 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:31

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

624 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My muff hasn't been right since Bulgaria. Germoline is the only thing that helps.

625 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:38

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:My muff hasn't been right since Bulgaria. Germoline is the only thing that helps.
Did someone go skiing on it?

626 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 17:31

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bet she had the rest of the Wombles as well.

627 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 17:41

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Bet she had the rest of the Wombles as well.

Very Happy

That was funny.

Don't do it again.

628 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 17 2018, 19:30

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Just finished watching the Tunnel vengeance, very dark stuff but a great watch.

The finest gangster series you'll ever see (other than the Sopranos) is back at the end of the month - Gomorrah is back for a 3rd series.If you haven't seen the first 2 series then i can't recommend it highly enough, it is simply brilliant.

The first two seasons of Gomorrah were excellent.

629 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Jan 18 2018, 08:41

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Reebok Trotter wrote:

The first two seasons of Gomorrah were excellent.
it's being released as a box set at the end of January i think RT, can't wait to binge watch it.

630 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Jan 18 2018, 11:54

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Sluffy wrote:Anybody been watching Inside Number 9?

Well worth a watch imo -

Like you and Norpig I am a big fan and am pretty certain I did mention it here in the past. The quality of the writing and the variety of the stories is amazing. My personal favourite is the 12 Days of Christine (series 2 episode 2) which I found incredibly moving.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum