Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

91Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 05 2016, 22:52

Just watched The Martian, good film, totally unrealistic though, I mean Sean Bean works for Nasa.

92Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 08 2016, 21:00

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

got a mate who has a season ticket...no, not like that...to the flicks and goes 3 times a week. She reckons Amy was the best film she saw last year...its now starting for its network premiere on 4. Pass it on for what its worth, I will barricade myself in my drawing room against the unmentionables (rhymes with Nat) and watch it, happy evening all.

93Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 08 2016, 22:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Any one watching From Dusk Till Dawn on Spike (no never heard of it before either).

Pretty decent adaptation of the film.

94Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 09 2016, 00:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Never been a fan of Mrs Brown,but I've been surprised at the number elderly ladies who adore it. Didn't think it would be their cup of tea.
I never thought that I would enjoy watching a short bloke dressed up as an old woman either! Very Happy

95Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 09 2016, 09:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Never been a fan of Mrs Brown,but I've been surprised at the number elderly ladies who adore it. Didn't think it would be their cup of tea.
I never thought that I would enjoy watching a short bloke dressed up as an old woman either! Very Happy
You been spying on me KP? Shocked

96Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:16

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
You been spying on me KP? Shocked
that can't be right Boncey, surely you are an old bloke dressed up as a short woman?

97Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Has anyone seen The Detectorists?

98Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Has anyone seen The Detectorists?
I lasted one episode. And only because I fell asleep.

99Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Has anyone seen The Detectorists?
I lasted one episode. And only because I fell asleep.
I watched them all in one night. Loved it.

100Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might have another go at a more reasonable hour.

Rather gone under my radar.

101Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 10 2016, 20:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched the Luther boxsets over Xmas and thought it was very good. I liked Idris Elba in The Wire as well.

102Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 11 2016, 01:36

Just watching the BBC4 Lamb Lies Down on Broadway documentary and all I can think of is Brian Pern.

Absolutely perfect pastiche.

103Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 11 2016, 08:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Just watching the BBC4 Lamb Lies Down on Broadway documentary and all I can think of is Brian Pern.

Brian Pern was excellent  Very Happy

104Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 11 2016, 08:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:Just watching the BBC4 Lamb Lies Down on Broadway documentary and all I can think of is Brian Pern.

Agreed and Brian Pern is returning on Thursday on BBC4.

105Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 11 2016, 08:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

is it a new one xmiles? Have to set the sky + planner for that  Very Happy

106Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 11 2016, 08:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes and the excellent Simon Day and Michael Kitchen are joined by Suranne Jones playing Pern's "abrasive, new ballsy American wife" according to the Radio Times.

107Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 11 2016, 12:38

It's already in my planner and I can't wait.

There was a moment in the Genesis documentary where Steve Hackett starts moaning about being kicked out of the band or something and they all give him withering looks and Gabriel just looks at the camera and it was pure Pern.

Brilliant stuff.

108Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 11 2016, 13:03

Finished MR ROBOT this weekend, very gripping storyline. Not sure a second series would be as good but definitely worth a watch -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/

109Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jan 14 2016, 17:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great news that a new series of Robot Wars has been commissioned. Nine one hour episodes to be filmed in Glasgow.

110Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jan 14 2016, 17:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to love it. Hope they don't ruin it,by trying to 'improve' it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum