Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody got anything good to say about Bolton right now?

+12
MartinBWFC
Mr Magoo
gloswhite
Keegan
Leeds_Trotter
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
boltonbonce
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sure most of us are pissed off with the everlasting (non) takeover saga, the crap season we've had so far and the lack of money to do anything to bring players in - so really we've had less and less to say about things recently.

We are not alone, all the forums are much quieter too.

We've still got a few months of the season to go yet, so what positive things can we say about things right now?

I'll start - we are off the bottom of the table at last!

So who else has got anything good to say!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You've said it Sluffy.

We have a spine of young, British players who look good enough - Amos, Holding, Vela and Clough.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:You've said it Sluffy.

1)It's still got a great bunch of supporters- some Nutters some not.
I sit with a cracking set of fans at home games.

2) The fans (for the main part) are still loyal to both the club and its manager, even if we think the hierarchy who own/run it are a bunch of villains.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ED hasn't bitten the hand off the first cowboy to offer a few quid for the club so things could be a lot worse. 
The fact that we are likely to still exist in a year's time is a massive improvement on our situation 6 months ago.
If we can hang on to the youngsters we could have the makings of a Championship standard squad.
Whatever happens, the managerial rot that has blighted our club for the last 10 years has been cut out and there's a chance that whoever takes over the helm will be an improvement.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think the comeback against Leeds was amazing and the fact we're off the bottom after beating Rotherham is a very positive sign. Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think the comeback against Leeds was amazing and the fact we're off the bottom after beating Rotherham is a very positive sign. Smile
Definitely agree, Wembley here we come

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We do really nice pies at half time.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We have really faithful fans - this has been a severely trying season so far and 'plastic' fans would have already melted away. We also have strong youngsters who are in the first team or about to make their way in - apart from those already mentioned. Threlkeld, White, Taylor, Samizadeh and Thomas all have the quality to be there or thereabouts very soon.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:We have really faithful fans - this has been a severely trying season so far and 'plastic' fans would have already melted away. We also have strong youngsters who are in the first team or about to make their way in - apart from those already mentioned. Threlkeld, White, Taylor, Samizadeh and Thomas all have the quality to be there or thereabouts very soon.

Is Samizadeh still with us? I thought that Derby had filched him from us?

rammywhite wrote:
Keegan wrote:We have really faithful fans - this has been a severely trying season so far and 'plastic' fans would have already melted away. We also have strong youngsters who are in the first team or about to make their way in - apart from those already mentioned. Threlkeld, White, Taylor, Samizadeh and Thomas all have the quality to be there or thereabouts very soon.

Is Samizadeh still with us? I thought that Derby had filched him from us?
I don't think Derby wanted him (or didn't want to pay a fee). We offered him a contract but he rejected it.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If we get past the 22nd Feb, we'll be back

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Derby wanted him (probably still do) but would rather not pay a fee. He is attracted to the idea of being courted. The fact still remains that he has the quality to make the step up and at present, he is a Bolton player.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes I do not live in Bolton. Very Happy

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mr Magoo wrote:Yes I do not live in Bolton. Very Happy
That assures every Boltonian sleeps safely in the knowledge.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

all the sheep on the moors around Smithills just breathed a sigh of relief  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 all the sheep on the moors around Smithills just breathed a sigh of relief  Very Happy
lol!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I was going to make a very similar sheep-related comment and decided against it. Still funny though! Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we stay up I'll comment on this thread.

Until then, this thread won't have a comment from me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum