Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 50]

511Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 09:21

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ameobi, Henry and Thorpe are all out of contract next year, so maybe we are looking at them as long term. Anderson looks strictly a loan signing but the others all look attainable if they perform.

512Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm amazed people think Ameobi is a great signing. The guy has done NOTHING in his whole career. He's a footballer because he has a more famous brother.

Cardiff fans think he's rubbish, his own manager questioned his commitment, and on top of that he's simply not built for the rough and tumble of League 1.

Benchwarmer at best, the last to be eaten if there's a food shortage.

513Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:25

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm amazed people think Ameobi is a great signing. The guy has done NOTHING in his whole career. He's a footballer because he has a more famous brother.

Cardiff fans think he's rubbish, his own manager questioned his commitment, and on top of that he's simply not built for the rough and tumble of League 1.

Benchwarmer at best, the last to be eaten if there's a food shortage.
We'll see.

514Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the surface it looks like short termism, but if this lot perform and we get promoted our chances of getting the players in that we can build on for the longer term will become more likely. 
I think our great start to the season definitely influenced some of these players to come here and further success will broaden the net.
Of the signings made, Anderson could be the hot ticket but sadly we won't get to keep him if he does well so one of the future replacements will need pace and finishing ability and that costs money.
With 5 new faces in and only one permanently out of the door (although I'd be surprised to see the two loanee lads back) with zero up front outlay I think Parky has given it his best shot at building on a budget. I'd have been dreading the rest of the season if he hadn't tried to sort the attack out but now it could be exciting.

515Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: I'd have been dreading the rest of the season if he hadn't tried to sort the attack out but now it could be exciting.

Top of the league and you'd have been "dreading it"??

Get a grip.

516Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Problem is Henry and Ameobi loans are only until January, if they do well we aren't guaranteed to keep them and extend as other clubs might nip in. Not sure about Thorpe's loan length?

They may all be out of contract next summer but that leaves us having to scrabble round for more loans in January when they go back to their respective clubs.

I know it's all about getting out of this division as soon as possible but we still need to invest in the youth and i'm still amazed we let Woolery go, especially for only 200K

517Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote: I'd have been dreading the rest of the season if he hadn't tried to sort the attack out but now it could be exciting.

Get a grip.
Smile 
You should try actually going to games. We could have lost every one of the five league games we've played so far but luck was on our side.

518Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:51

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Get a grip.
Smile 
You should try actually going to games. We could have lost every one of the five league games we've played so far but luck was on our side.
Some armchair you got there pal.

519Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 11:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Get a grip.
Smile 
Some armchair you got there pal.
Laughing

520Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Problem is Henry and Ameobi loans are only until January, if they do well we aren't guaranteed to keep them and extend as other clubs might nip in. Not sure about Thorpe's loan length?

They may all be out of contract next summer but that leaves us having to scrabble round for more loans in January when they go back to their respective clubs.

I know it's all about getting out of this division as soon as possible but we still need to invest in the youth and i'm still amazed we let Woolery go, especially for only 200K

I agree. It's depressing seeing yet another young player go for peanuts or nothing but I think Parkinson has little or no choice. The financial situation that Gartside left us with is the reason. We might have got away with it if Coyle had kept us in the Prem but even then Coyle would have fucked up in the following season and wasted even more money.

521Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:We could have lost every one of the five league games we've played so far but luck was on our side.

You haven't been to a single game so, as usual, your point is pointless.

522Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All these experts coming out of the woodwork claiming it's a joke that Woolery has been sold. From someone who actually goes to games, he couldn't even get in a side which is struggling for wingers and also couldn't displace Gary bastard Madine.

We've brought a much better player in in Ameobi.

523Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but i do go to games Boggers and think Woolery will develop into a decent player. He has pace which always helps and i'm not sure if we have replaced that with the loan players
What has Ameobi ever done other than constantly go out on loan? No one ever seems to want to sign him up after his loan spells

524Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Geordie mate says Ameobi isn't as bad as he's painted.
He seems to have a weird ability to come away with the ball despite the presence of two or three defenders around him. I've seen it myself.
Pretty remarkable considering his stick thin legs.
Might be a decent signing.

525Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:but i do go to games Boggers and think Woolery will develop into a decent player. He has pace which always helps and i'm not sure if we have replaced that with the loan players
What has Ameobi ever done other than constantly go out on loan? No one ever seems to want to sign him up after his loan spells

Well Ameobi played 39 out of 46 last season for Cardiff so he didn't exactly flop there. In fact Cardiff wanted to sign him up and Newcastle kept him as he's a good player at that level.

Unfortunately for him they've just splashed the cash on players

526Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:All these experts coming out of the woodwork claiming it's a joke that Woolery has been sold. From someone who actually goes to games, he couldn't even get in a side which is struggling for wingers and also couldn't displace Gary bastard Madine.

Yes, Wigan have bought him because he's rubbish :facepalm:

He was a raw talent who had potential. I still say he's a better bet than Clough to make it.

Laughable that you think Ameobi will be a better player despite never seeing him play.

527Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't get me wrong Boggers, on the odd time i've seen Ameobi play against us he has looked ok, bit gangly and awkward looking though. I hope he does well, i just wish we could have kept Woolery and let someone else go

528Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:All these experts coming out of the woodwork claiming it's a joke that Woolery has been sold. From someone who actually goes to games, he couldn't even get in a side which is struggling for wingers and also couldn't displace Gary bastard Madine.

Yes, Wigan have bought him because he's rubbish :facepalm:

He was a raw talent who had potential. I still say he's a better bet than Clough to make it.

Laughable that you think Ameobi will be a better player despite never seeing him play.

We didn't exactly fight to keep him did we.

You were claiming that Woolery was shit earlier, make your mind up. He's more suited to running events.

I've never seen Ameobi play? I've actually seen him a lot. He's skilfull, pacey, has a goal in him and most importantly has a lot of first team experience.

PP has planned for the here and now, the aim is promotion, we can't afford to keep hold of players that MIGHT come good.

529Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:we can't afford to keep hold of players that MIGHT come good.

We can when they're on low wages.

530Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 12:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
I've never seen Ameobi play? I've actually seen him a lot.

Define "a lot". He's started 11 games since 2014.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum