Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 50]

541Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Can we just have a moments silence and remember those plonkers that slated Ken and Co and branded them the anti Christ when they first arrived.
Perhaps we should wait a bit until it's clear what they have actually done?

542Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: and Parky has seen Woolery live a thousand times more than Nat has so his judgement should be spot on if you accept that criterion.

So you don't think it's more likely that Wigan offered to double Woolery's wages and the player couldn't wait to leave?

543Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

More negativity.

So you don't accept that we're in a better place now than we were before they took over?

544Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 14:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Can we just have a moments silence and remember those plonkers that slated Ken and Co and branded them the anti Christ when they first arrived.

They've retained our key players, added quantity and quality to the squad, hired a manager who knows what he's doing, put plans in place to improve the training centre.

Not to mention saving the club from extinction not very long ago.

545Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:36

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

They've retained our key players, added quantity and quality to the squad, hired a manager who knows what he's doing, put plans in place to improve the training centre.

Not to mention saving the club from extinction not very long ago.
Yes but other than that what have the Romans ever done for us - some people prefer to look at the negatives so leave them to it.
The position we were in there had to be sacrifices, let's not forget the good work in getting wilkinson and walker out to mean we only had to sacrifice 1 player and Woolery was it.
If the business we did was offered to us at the start of the day we'd have snatched their hands off, but once it's done the negheads will find somethings to moan about.
I'm looking forward to Saturday.

546Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

why is being annoyed at losing a decent young player being negative? I am happy with all the other business just didn't want to lose Woolery that's all

547Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:why is being annoyed at losing a decent young player being negative? I am happy with all the other business just didn't want to lose Woolery that's all

I seem to remember you being annoyed about losing Andy Kellett and Sanmi Odelusi, both to Wigan coincidentally. 

Look how they turned out

548Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:46

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:why is being annoyed at losing a decent young player being negative? I am happy with all the other business just didn't want to lose Woolery that's all
Wasn't necessarily referring to you, I would much prefer to have kept him but the position were in means there needed to be a tough choice made and IMO PP has earned the right to expect us to trust him to make the right one.

549Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:48

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:

I seem to remember you being annoyed about losing Andy Kellett and Sanmi Odelusi, both to Wigan coincidentally. 

Look how they turned out
I think they're all surrogates for the fact ALF has gone there, he's just projecting.

550Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Look how they turned out
i wasn't that bothered about those two, i was more annoyed with losing Maher and Threlkeld before the manager had even had a chance to look at them

551Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Look how they turned out
I think they're all surrogates for the fact ALF has gone there, he's just projecting.
stop saying his name, it will make me cry again  Crying or Very sad

552Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Wasn't necessarily referring to you, I would much prefer to have kept him but the position were in means there needed to be a tough choice made and IMO PP has earned the right to expect us to trust him to make the right one.

Ha ha, after 5 games?

I'm pretty sure Freedman had a good start, as did Lennon.

The only logical reason for Woolery being sold is because the player wanted to go.

553Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Ha ha, after 5 games?

I'm pretty sure Freedman had a good start, as did Lennon.

The only logical reason for Woolery being sold is because the player wanted to go.

Either that or the asset stripping cowboys

554Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:52

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
No the only logical reason he was sold is there was no interest in anyone else,

555Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 15:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

I don't think you understand what logical means.

You're sat on the bench every week and a club from a higher division comes along and offers to pay you more money to sit on their bench.

Of course Woolery is going to jump at the chance. And we all know, once a player has had his head turned, he might as well be sold.

Woolery was the only pace we had, I would be amazed if Parkinson wanted to get rid.

556Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 16:12

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

I don't think you understand what logical means
Logical also means that you have identified your targets and they've all agreed to come but you need 1 player to leave and the only player anybody has expressed an interest in is Woolery, so do I lose 1 of the players I wanted or 1 who will generate cash. 
You're almost certainly right in the fact he prefer to have kept him but it was an either or option.

557Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 16:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

More negativity.

So you don't accept that we're in a better place now than we were before they took over?

Being cautious until we learn more is not the same as being negative.
Being negative is slagging off just about every player we've ever had like you do despite having no idea what talent is. Being negative is banging on about how useless Holding is like you did. Being negative is slagging off these signings before you've even seen them play as a team.
You know the drill - you're the most negative person on the forum.

TBH I don't know what KA has done so far as regards financing the club, what he's done with the assets, who he's doing business with and what our current debt levels and commitments etc are. Are you suggesting that you know - because obviously you'd have to have a good understanding of these things before you could actually decide where we're at. If so, share it with us so we can all judge how it's actually going for ourselves.

558Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 16:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote: and Parky has seen Woolery live a thousand times more than Nat has so his judgement should be spot on if you accept that criterion.

So you don't think it's more likely that Wigan offered to double Woolery's wages and the player couldn't wait to leave?
It's a possibility but until we know more it's just speculation. He could have left for any number of reasons including Parky wanting rid so he could get Anderson in.

559Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 16:56

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Interesting comments by Ken Anderson in the news section which all seem really positive, he's talking about the fact that now the Windows shut he is looking to develop the U23s and the development squad.
I understand a certain amount of scepticism but I also think he's now earned a level of appreciation too.
He talked about the embargo and working hard with the FL, I would have liked something stronger about getting rid completely.

560Transfer rumours ! - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2016, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Interesting comments by Ken Anderson in the news section which all seem really positive, he's talking about the fact that now the Windows shut he is looking to develop the U23s and the development squad.
I understand a certain amount of scepticism but I also think he's now earned a level of appreciation too.
He talked about the embargo and working hard with the FL, I would have liked something stronger about getting rid completely.
Prior to reading that news article I had thought that KA was downsizing the Academy and de-emphasising youth development because of the number of decent young players that have been let go, but it looks as if the likes of Maher and Woolery etc were thought not to be good enough.
Not sure how they'll attract better quality kids though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum