Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFCST Board Election Update

+4
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWFCST Board Election Update Empty BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In line with the previously published election timeline, the deadline for receipt of nominations for the BWFCST board election expired at 5.00pm on Monday 04 July 2016.

Five validated nominations were received and a statement from the Election Management Group can be viewed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Confirmation of the nominations received by the independent election administration company, Electoral Reform Services, can be viewed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The candidate statements received from each of the five nominees can be viewed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Summary

The current position regarding the formation of the BWFCST board is explained in the EMG statement. In summary, as a result of the limited number of nominations received, there is no requirement for a ballot process to be undertaken. Consequently, the five nominees are deemed to be elected and will now proceed to form the BWFCST board.

Dave Cookson (Independent EMG Chair)

2BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:11

So you spend your tenner and now you don't even have opportunity to vote.

3BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you vote from the 5 candidates:

Ian James Bridge
Daniel Salvatore Izza
Maggie Tetlow
Michael Smith
Terence Rigby

4BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:you vote from the 5 candidates:

Ian James Bridge
Daniel Salvatore Izza
Maggie Tetlow
Michael Smith
Terence Rigby

I just read the statement properly - what a joke!

5BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:19

You don't. It says they needed 9 people, only 5 declared an interest so they are automatically in and now make up the BWFC ST board of directors and there is no need for a ballot process.

6BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You don't, BTID. The proposed number was nine. The five mentioned will now become the Board of BWFCST as an election will not be required. Mike Smith? He said he wouldn't be putting himself forward as I remember.. So we've all been stiffed again.

7BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8:57pm Chris - Again, we will not stand for election when they take place. If people want to print out this Q&A, fine, bring it with you.

8BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 19:46

Seriously......is anybody actually surprised that it's panned out like this?

Honestly?

They've banged the drum about being open and honest all the way through, when in reality, it's been glaringly obvious that they were nothing more than a bunch of lying, self-serving pricks.

They admitted (by mistake) that Birch put them up to asking for preferred bidder status and that confirmed it.

Ask for your tenners back and see how far you get.

9BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 20:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ha Ha Ha!

Did anyone honestly expect anything different?

I said all along that this would be the end result - after all who else has ever heard of anybody else on the ST who they could vote for other than the people on the Steering Group?

No surprise from me whatsoever to see that Bridge and Smith went back on their words not to stand - so much for their honesty and integrity then.

I would love to know the names of their nominees, I bet several them will soon be co-opted to the board to fill out the required number of places.

It is all a big 'job for the boys' in that they all know one another and all share the same agenda - to own the club.

Don't forget they are on the board for the next two years now.

To be honest they are a complete irrelevance for now as Anderson seems to have got a firm grip on the club and the finances and they have already tried several times to shaft him (seeking preferred bidder status, asking probing personal financial questions of the business and telling tales to the Football League) so the influence they hope to exert over the club will be zero.

If there ever was a good cause hi-jacked and ruined by ego's and self interests, this was it!

10BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 21:10

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Ha Ha Ha!

Did anyone honestly expect anything different?

I said all along that this would be the end result - after all who has ever heard of anybody else on the ST who they could vote for other than the people on the Steering Group?

No surprise from me whatsoever to see that Bridge and Smith went back on their words not to stand - so much for their honesty and integrity then.

I would love to know the names of their nominees, I bet several them will soon be co-opted to the board to fill out the required number of places.

It is all a big 'job for the boys' in that they all know one another and all share the same agenda - to own the club.

Don't forget they are on the board for the next two years now.

To be honest they are a complete irrelevance for now as Anderson seems to have got a firm grip on the club and the finances and they have already tried several times to shaft him (seeking preferred bidder status, asking probing personal financial questions of the business and telling tales to the Football League) so the influence they hope to exert over the club will be zero.

If there ever was a good cause hi-jacked and ruined by ego's and self interests, this was it!
:agree:

11BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 21:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Ask for your tenners back and see how far you get.

I didn't send my £10 in the end, the Spar had a 3 Pepsi cans for a quid offer.

I made the right choice.

12BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 21:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact that they couldn't muster 9 candidates is either indicative of the level of commitment on behalf of the membership or an acceptance that those nominated would be a shoe-in.
It would be hard for an individual member who joined on the basis of supporting the ideals to put themselves forward because nobody would know them, so they'd not feel confident of polling many votes. I'm thinking the former.

13BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 22:05

Let's not fall into the trap of thinking that the guy appointed to oversee the election process was independent or that he was brought in from outside the Steering Group.

Because he's not and he wasn't.

He's a confirmed ST'er:

But yet again, if you take things at face value and "trust the Trust", you could be forgiven for making the mistake of believing the spin.

So knowing that he's "one of them", can we honestly believe anything that they report?

There could have been a rake of potential candidates whose applications were simply ignored, resulting five unopposed nominations of a preferred few.

Who were all duly appointed without an election.

Seems eminently feasible to me, knowing what we do about these twats.

14BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 22:08

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Once the club was out of danger of administration they became irrelevant, fans only got behind them to help the club once it was apparent the club was going to be ok, interest in them dropped off a cliff

15BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 22:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:The fact that they couldn't muster 9 candidates is either indicative of the level of commitment on behalf of the membership or an acceptance that those nominated would be a shoe-in.
It would be hard for an individual member who joined on the basis of supporting the ideals to put themselves forward because nobody would know them, so they'd not feel confident of polling many votes. I'm thinking the former.

Neither.

Chris Peacock, George Bower, Mike Egan, Bill Dawson, David Mort and even young Jamie Gregory were all also on the Steering Group and at least one of them could have easily stood to compete for the six 'full' board positions to contest the places against whoever wished to stand against them.

The fact that the Steering Group could only muster five amongst themselves to stand for almost certain election suggests to me there was not even unity in their own ranks by the end of the Steering Group period.

Two of the Steering Group including its own chairman LEFT before the elections and their leaving was kept a secret as long as they could - no announcement, news letter or a tweet even until weeks after the event (and non at all in relation to Johnny Eckersley).

So much for the openness and clarity they demand from the clubs owners - if only they practiced what they preach themselves.

Well people have got what they wished for so I hope they are happy.

I just can't stop laughing about it all myself!

16BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 22:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Let's not fall into the trap of thinking that the guy appointed to oversee the election process was independent or that he was brought in from outside the Steering Group.

Because he's not and he wasn't.

He's a confirmed ST'er:

But yet again, if you take things at face value and "trust the Trust", you could be forgiven for making the mistake of believing the spin.

So knowing that he's "one of them", can we honestly believe anything that they report?

There could have been a rake of potential candidates whose applications were simply ignored, resulting five unopposed nominations of a preferred few.

Who were all duly appointed without an election.

Seems eminently feasible to me, knowing what we do about these twats.

To be fair I believe you to be well off the mark with this.

I've worked with many over the years linked to the Electoral Commission and not for one moment would I think Cookson or anyone else would put their careers at risk over a crappy little election like this.

I've no doubt he's run it as fair and proper as he could with some of the characters involved and I very strongly suspect that the retrospective extension of the registration period was very much due to him in regards to the violation of purdah over the staging of the Legends game when it did.

I suspect he won't be rushing forward to put his name down to run the next elections in two years time though!

17BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 22:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as a member of the ST i am disappointed that there won't be an election and that only 5 people put themselves forward, but the ST as a whole seems to have been sidelined and the expected support has dried up (remember the first meeting and talk of 10,000 signing up?)

Not sure what to think now to be honest, it does seem at the moment that i wasted a tenner  Rolling Eyes

18BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 23:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:as a member of the ST i am disappointed that there won't be an election and that only 5 people put themselves forward, but the ST as a whole seems to have been sidelined and the expected support has dried up (remember the first meeting and talk of 10,000 signing up?)

Not sure what to think now to be honest, it does seem at the moment that i wasted a tenner  Rolling Eyes

The wrong people for the wrong reasons got involved in the ST right from the very beginning.

If they simply wanted to do the best for the club rather than push their own agenda things would have worked out differently and I'm certain the relationship between the club owners and the ST would have been greatly more cordial.

Now I'm certain it is daggers drawn from both sides, which for a group supposedly claiming to represent the fans is the last situation you want to be in.

It always seemed blindingly obvious to me the way things were going but my voice doesn't carry much weight on here let alone anywhere else!

I strongly suspect that if the club owners are still here in twelve months time that there will be an awful lot of people who won't be renewing their ST memberships.

Quite frankly I don't think the ST could have done a worse job of truly representing the fans if they had sat down and planned to do so!

They simple have pushed their own personal agenda to own the club, at the cost of everything else and have ended up alienating just about everybody now.

I dare say the only idiots who think they have done a good job are themselves.

Rolling Eyes

19BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 23:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can smell the sea. Surprised

20BWFCST Board Election Update Empty Re: BWFCST Board Election Update Mon Jul 11 2016, 23:16

boltonbonce wrote:I can smell the sea. Surprised
Must've been a big hole you fell down this time

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum