Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » A few upcoming changes to our forum!

A few upcoming changes to our forum!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I would just like to apologise and explain why I've taken the very unusual step of modding one or two posts above.

Sometimes we as a site might stray into somewhat grey areas of legality - nothing really serious as such - but something that might come back and bite us on the bum one day.

We don't believe we actually are doing anything wrong but just to be on the safe side of things it probably is better to not discuss such things on the open forum.

As I say I apologise for modding and amending posts but I'm sure you can accept the reason why.

Just to be clear, what things Sluffy? 

Because if you've edited them then obviously we don't know what you're referring to unless we were the ones who wrote them.

What is the point of me modding something if you then want me to tell you what I've modded???

The posts had been up there for sometime so several people will know what I'm on about and those such as yourself who hadn't seen them wont be effected and unlikely to raise any similar issues.

32 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:07 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Big Brother is watching KP  :ninja:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy

33 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
i on the other hand could spill all the beans  Laughing

It's not too juicy Lusty, don't worry

34 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:09 pm

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Big Brother is watching KP  :ninja:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy
imagine if the ST had their own channel with Mike Smith presenting, Sluffy would have a meltdown  Very Happy

35 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:What is the point of me modding something if you then want me to tell you what I've modded???


I have to say that made me chuckle.

36 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Big Brother is watching KP  :ninja:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy
imagine if the ST had their own channel with Mike Smith presenting, Sluffy would have a meltdown  Very Happy
I have a top class entertainer earmarked for that gig.

Smith has the perfect face for radio.

37 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:13 pm

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
They are doing live radio broadcasts from Bolton Nuts live on the ST App I believe

38 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:15 pm

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Big Brother is watching KP  :ninja:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy
imagine if the ST had their own channel with Mike Smith presenting, Sluffy would have a meltdown  Very Happy
I have a top class entertainer earmarked for that gig.

Smith has the perfect face for radio.
Jim Davidson - without doubt the best Generation Game presenter ever

39 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:18 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thank Christ Brucie hasn't been mentioned, oh! :flog:

40 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:19 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
whatsgoingon wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Big Brother is watching KP  :ninja:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy
imagine if the ST had their own channel with Mike Smith presenting, Sluffy would have a meltdown  Very Happy
I have a top class entertainer earmarked for that gig.

Smith has the perfect face for radio.
Jim Davidson - without doubt the best Generation Game presenter ever
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

41 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:20 pm

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I like quizzes, is the first name Doug

42 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Play your cards right - two of spades?

43 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nice try Sluffy.

But when you invited me to tea I checked out your back garden.

Not a pretty picture. Shocked

44 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 pm

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Sluffy wrote:Play your cards right - two of spades?
Very Happy

45 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:30 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Nice try Sluffy.

But when you invited me to tea I checked out your back garden.

Not a pretty picture. Shocked
I don't think any man's back garden is a pretty picture unless you swing that way. Shocked

Better ask Nat on that one. Very Happy

46 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:31 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Trust KP to bring the level down. Very Happy

47 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:32 pm

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I like to think mines a beauty spot

48 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:09 pm

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Just to be clear, what things Sluffy? 

Because if you've edited them then obviously we don't know what you're referring to unless we were the ones who wrote them.

What is the point of me modding something if you then want me to tell you what I've modded???
Not even a generic description of what the offending bits were? Wahey! Carte blanche!
::dance::

49 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Guest


Guest
Told you....somebody's been reading the Stasi Handbook For Boys.

50 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:48 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Touche. Razz

51 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Guest


Guest
You asked for that.

Very Happy

52 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:03 am

Guest


Guest
Being promoted on the reebok roar.  People telling others to download ustream and search bolton nuts

53 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:43 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have just tried to create a new channel and change the name but due to the account being the free version, we can only add 3 max (we need to make a new free account now).

Some up and coming changes to Radio Nuts in the next week or so:

New reliable broadband is being installed a week today, would have been earlier but they have to dig up the road to install the cabling.

I am also being reunited with my main PC so hopefully the snap, crackle and pop will be minimalised if not gone for good! Very Happy

54 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Isn't there a way we could charge people for using it? Like a sub based thing? I'm sure the other members on here wouldn't mind chipping in a quid a year or something to listen to it. All the money raised could go to KP after all he is using his electricity and stuff however if he doesn't want to take the money you could just donate it to a local charity or something.

55 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Isn't there a way we could charge people for using it? Like a sub based thing? I'm sure the other members on here wouldn't mind chipping in a quid a year or something to listen to it. All the money raised could go to KP after all he is using his electricity and stuff however if he doesn't want to take the money you could just donate it to a local charity or something.

There might be but we don't want to run Radio Nuts (or the Nuts forum for the matter) for any money.

What we would like is for people to join in with us on here talking about the club and having a laugh with us.

It would be nice if people at least wanted to say thank you for us providing Radio Nuts but unfortunately it seems many people are happy to take without giving anything at all back - even just a thank you post.

I guess that is the way things are but Radio Nuts is free and we don't envisage ever charging anyone for it.

We must be NUTS!

Very Happy

56 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:07 am

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Isn't there a way we could charge people for using it? Like a sub based thing? I'm sure the other members on here wouldn't mind chipping in a quid a year or something to listen to it. All the money raised could go to KP after all he is using his electricity and stuff however if he doesn't want to take the money you could just donate it to a local charity or something.

There might be but we don't want to run Radio Nuts (or the Nuts forum for the matter) for any money.

What we would like is for people to join in with us on here talking about the club and having a laugh with us.

It would be nice if people at least wanted to say thank you for us providing Radio Nuts but unfortunately it seems many people are happy to take without giving anything at all back - even just a thank you post.

I guess that is the way things are but Radio Nuts is free and we don't envisage ever charging anyone for it.

We must be NUTS!

Very Happy
Yeah I understand what you are saying mate. Maybe if you have to have over so many posts to unlock the privilege of Radio nut?

57 Re: A few upcoming changes to our forum! on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:23 am

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Isn't there a way we could charge people for using it? Like a sub based thing? I'm sure the other members on here wouldn't mind chipping in a quid a year or something to listen to it. All the money raised could go to KP after all he is using his electricity and stuff however if he doesn't want to take the money you could just donate it to a local charity or something.

There might be but we don't want to run Radio Nuts (or the Nuts forum for the matter) for any money.

What we would like is for people to join in with us on here talking about the club and having a laugh with us.

It would be nice if people at least wanted to say thank you for us providing Radio Nuts but unfortunately it seems many people are happy to take without giving anything at all back - even just a thank you post.

I guess that is the way things are but Radio Nuts is free and we don't envisage ever charging anyone for it.

We must be NUTS!

Very Happy
Yeah I understand what you are saying mate. Maybe if you have to have over so many posts to unlock the privilege of Radio nut?

We've thought about that but we can't easily achieve that.

We can close the site to visitors, so that people have to join to get access to Radio Nuts - and we could then 'ban' them if they didn't post - but we aren't that kind of a site.

We WANT people to hear and enjoy the match for free (anywhere in the country or even the world!) - we are all of us Bolton fans whether you post on here or not - but it would be appreciated if people could give something back even if it was just a post to say thank you.

It is what it is though.

Manners and appreciation of others cost nothing - however even that is too much for many of those who take from Nuts and give sweet fuck all back to us.

Maybe one day we will simply switch Radio Nuts off - or perhaps just keep it to ourselves when there is a vital match one day - I wonder what those who treat us with such contempt and disrespect will do then?

I doubt we ever will though.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum