Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cllr Rosa Kay dies aged 79

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cllr Rosa Kay dies aged 79 Empty Cllr Rosa Kay dies aged 79 Wed Jul 27 2016, 22:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14645356.Tributes_paid_to__great_council_character__Rosa_Kay__who_has_died_at_79/

No matter what part of the political spectrum one falls one, Rosa did a hell of a lot for her community.

Bit close to home for me as in the last Local Elections I was a "paper" candidate against her - knowing to full well I had no chance but getting 82 votes was far better than anyone could expect.

I have come across her previously and she was an amazing lady and tried to do her best, and often did, for her war, Rumworth.

If I do learn anything about the politics game and that is there is a hell of a lot to emulate from Rosa.  Not all councillors are on the gravy train - I am making sure I am never a gravy train councillor, but want to be more like Rosa in her attitude to the council.

RIP

2Cllr Rosa Kay dies aged 79 Empty Re: Cllr Rosa Kay dies aged 79 Thu Jul 28 2016, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Best of luck with the by-election mate.

3Cllr Rosa Kay dies aged 79 Empty Re: Cllr Rosa Kay dies aged 79 Thu Jul 28 2016, 18:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be honest, Sluffy, I don't know what will be happening as to whether the other parties will be contesting or whether we will just give Labour free reign in the by-election.  If all parties will be handing a candidate the I presume I will just be a paper candidate, again, as still need some more training on how to be a councillor and training in hustings as well - plus LibDems priority, right now, is not Rumworth but Astley Bridge, Farnworth, Kearsley, Bromley Cross and Horwich - were they current have a great following and wont take much to win people over to vote for LibDems!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum