Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Transfer Embargo

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Transfer Embargo Empty The Transfer Embargo Sat Jul 30 2016, 17:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's just a quick question about the embargo and not a rant. Obviously it's been eased which is a good thing but I can't find anything that tells us to what degree. Are we still under any kind of embargo and if so what limitations do we have to operate under? If someone knows I'd be very grateful for an answer. Thank you.

2The Transfer Embargo Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Sat Jul 30 2016, 18:47

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My understanding is that the FL are keeping an eye on things and that restrictions are still in place. It has been stated that there isn't a one in one out but the exact circumstances won't be released because they could hinder dealings in the market for what little we'll be using it.
But the fact that our accounts still haven't been submitted yet (supposedly close to being) means it isn't lifted.
That's just my understanding

3The Transfer Embargo Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Sat Jul 30 2016, 22:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thank you. That explains why I can't find anything concrete and it does make sense.

4The Transfer Embargo Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Sat Jul 30 2016, 23:18

What's more concerning is the fact that the audited accounts for the 2014/15 season still haven't been filed with Companies House.

I'm obviously no expert but I am wondering why that is and what the implications potentially are.

Can't see the FL being too chuffed for starters, given the fact that a condition of their ratifying the sale was ongoing monthly reporting of the club's financial health.

The club's Finance Director during that period is now long gone (Gee?), so presumably the new owners have full access to the necessary paperwork so why the continued delay?

5The Transfer Embargo Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Sat Jul 30 2016, 23:34

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good question Marc Iles has been saying for a couple of months that they were ready and just needed signing off and submitting, if that's the case why the delay.
I understand there have been a few bombshells along the way like the Spearing money and I'm sure a couple of other things to deal with but it should now be a priority.

6The Transfer Embargo Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Sat Jul 30 2016, 23:50

Marc Iles knows fuck all.

I thought we'd already established this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum