You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Anderson desperate to sell club

Anderson desperate to sell club

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 20:15

Chairmanda

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
That is, according to our friends over at @burndenway who say he is in Asia trying to get investors, if he fails, we are back in court by December. Their source is someone who apparently has been spot on with this stuff before.
Personal view...with the shenanigans ref Holdsworth, and Parkinson being told to hold off on new signings, there's enough evidence if you want to make the story stack up.

2 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 20:36

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chairmanda wrote:That is, according to our friends over at @burndenway who say he is in Asia trying to get investors, if he fails, we are back in court by December. Their source is someone who apparently has been spot on with this stuff before.
Personal view...with the shenanigans ref Holdsworth, and Parkinson being told to hold off on new signings, there's enough evidence if you want to make the story stack up.

There's also evidence that aliens exist if you want to make that theory stack up.

3 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 20:39

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:

There's also evidence that aliens exist if you want to make that theory stack up.

Is there?

Where....?

4 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 20:40

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Complete rubbish imo. He's made no secret about wanting further investment, to move us forward not to keep us afloat

5 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 20:41

Numpty 28723

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It's true sure enough - as we speak he's being laughed off the stage on the Chinese version of Dragon's Den.

6 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:Is there?

Where....?

You've clearly never watched 'Alien Autopsy' with Ant & Dec.

7 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 20:58

Guest


Guest
I have actually.

I just never realised it was a documentary.

8 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 21:02

Guest


Guest
What about paul. Thats a true story right? 

Anyway,  back on topic, i can actually see this.  And to be fair if he does get us a decent buyer with a bit of money behind them then i think he has done alright by me.

He saved us not only from ED, but also the ST (sorry, i had to mention them) and he has got us to a point where we are allowed to bring in players and STILL EXIST.

a short lived reign maybe but a successful one

9 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 21:12

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:I have actually.

I just never realised it was a documentary.

No one's perfect.

10 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 21:19

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:I have actually.

I just never realised it was a documentary.

No one's perfect.
Yes they are. No names,no wotsit.

11 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 21:50

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I'd e somewhat surprised if he's looking to sell outright. I suspect it's as boggers has said and he's looking for partners or other investors who could perhaps buy Dean Holdsworth out. It's pretty clear the two of them haven't gelled as well as they would like and that Ken is a pragmatic businessman who wants to be able to run the club his way without a potentially hostile co-owner loking over his shoulder.

12 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 21:57

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It could be true that he wants to sell - I thought he always had an exit strategy anyway - but I don't know where the "desperate" bit comes from.
Is the implication that the money has run out again in which case he needs new investment anyway? If so I'd have thought he'd present potential investors with both options as he'd already be meeting with them. My concern is that if the CFF said that money was running out I'd have thought he would have been seeking funding months ago - and if he hasn't secured it by now it's a worry.

13 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 22:07

Guest


Guest
Everything I've read about Andersen says that he's been desperate to be a football club owner for a fair few years. Him looking for investment and him trying to sell seems like the sort of thing that could be easily confused through second hand information so I'd plump for that.

Little doubt in my mind we'll end up back in court by December without investment though.

14 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 22:36

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Chairmanda wrote:That is, according to our friends over at @burndenway who say he is in Asia trying to get investors, if he fails, we are back in court by December. Their source is someone who apparently has been spot on with this stuff before.
Personal view...with the shenanigans ref Holdsworth, and Parkinson being told to hold off on new signings, there's enough evidence if you want to make the story stack up.

Sounds like a complete load of bollocks to me - this is the story - note - it is unattributed - ie no one has put their name to it.


According to a very reliable TBW source, chairman Ken Anderson is trying to sell Bolton Wanderers.

       Don't let the on-pitch optimism take a hit but right now, our chairman is in Asia on business in an attempt to get funding. Following the final friendly of the summer at home to Preston on Saturday, Phil Parkinson said that Wanderers will now have to be 'patient' in terms of signing players, this isn't something that he was told or expected when he was appointed. Parkinson said that Anderson was away in 'on business' 'to secure the future of the club'.

       It is believed that without the necessary funding that Bolton could even be back in court by December.

        In recent weeks there has been some odd goings on at the very top of the Wanderers hierachy. Whether it be the bizarre, unexpected and unexplained departure of shareholder Dean Holdsworth from the Director of Football role OR the fact that Eddie Davies, the man who bled our club dry and nearly liquidated it was in attendance on Saturday. 'Club president' or not, it's an unusual site (sic) considering he was missing towards the end of last season.


The Burnden Way site was unknown to me (and I guess most others) until Manda started this thread.

It seems to have been set up by someone John Edwards (@jayeddy - which no longer exists) at the start of last season but that was about the sum of it.

It looks as though someone called Gaz Lowe (@gazLowe84 - who actually follows us (Nuts) on twitter) has taken over at the start of this season and wrote about three blogs plus this one.  One of the blogs tipping us for promotion.

So from promotion two weeks ago to being out of business by December - which then of his impressive sources is correct - is it boom or bust?

There doesn't seem to be any shred of gossip anywhere that I can find to give any credence to his story, so up to now it is just a story that someone on twitter says 'may' be true.

Rolling Eyes

15 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Sun Jul 31 2016, 23:24

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
It's my honest opinion that the author may be speculating due to the recent takeover of Wolverhampton Wanderers by a Chinese consortium. It's well known that a lot of Asian money has been coming into British football over the last ten years or so and that many Asian businessmen see it as a genuine opportunity for profit given how much Sky and other sponsors are pumping into the game.

However, I still believe that while Ken may well be seeking investors from that part of the world he has no short term intention of selling his own stake unless of course he gets an absolutely massive offer. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's looking for a new partner to buy out Dean or simply some minority stakeholders to spread the burden and risks. In the long term he may well see a time where he would sell his share but I don't think he's dumb enough to believe he could do so profitably after such a short time at the helm. The only reason someone would have to sell up this fast is panic and that would drive the price down not up. Selling now (unless of course someone over there has offered him massive money which I doubt) would likely cost him a great deal and he's far too intelligent to fail to see that.

16 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 08:57

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Numpty 28723 wrote:It's true sure enough - as we speak he's being laughed off the stage on the Chinese version of Dragon's Den.
Very Happy

17 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 09:09

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I believe he is trying to at least drum up investment but possibly sell, He'll try and drum up investment if he is actually looking to hold on to the club but if all the unexpected little gifts or landmines the previous regime left have proved too much he may look to exit.
Previously I speculated that Paul Aldridge may have been brought in because of his links to Milan Mandaric, but it maybe he has been brought in because of his links in the Far East.
He was the fixer in both of Milan Mandaric's purchases of Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday and as CEO of both clubs under Mandaric was instrumental in brokering the deals to sell to Thai businessmen.
It looks like a similar scenario here, take over a club which is struggling and then steady the ship with a view to selling on at a profit.

18 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 12:37

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Slightly concerned that we might have a cashflow problem which could mean we don't get the embargo lifted and don't sign the triallists. Plus we have no pace up front apart from Woolery so we do need some recruitment budget IMO.

19 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 12:38

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
whatsgoingon wrote:I believe he is trying to at least drum up investment but possibly sell, He'll try and drum up investment if he is actually looking to hold on to the club but if all the unexpected little gifts or landmines the previous regime left have proved too much he may look to exit.
Previously I speculated that Paul Aldridge may have been brought in because of his links to Milan Mandaric, but it maybe he has been brought in because of his links in the Far East.
He was the fixer in both of Milan Mandaric's purchases of Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday and as CEO of both clubs under Mandaric was instrumental in brokering the deals to sell to Thai businessmen.
It looks like a similar scenario here, take over a club which is struggling and then steady the ship with a view to selling on at a profit.
That may well be exactly what's happening wgo. I still think Ken would want to retain at least a piece of the club for the foreseeable future. As others have said on this thread he's made no secret of wanting to own a football club for some time and this is certainly his 'best' (using the word advisedly) chance of doing that within his personal means. I think (although I don't claim to know this) that there may have been a discussion between him and Dean that's resulted in Dean wanting to sell his stake because the two of them just aren't working out as a partnership in the way they originally hoped.

Of course that's as much speculation as the original article that gave rise to this thread but it would make sense to me.

20 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 12:43

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
wanderlust wrote:Slightly concerned that we might have a cashflow problem which could mean we don't get the embargo lifted and don't sign the triallists. Plus we have no pace up front apart from Woolery so we do need some recruitment budget IMO.
I don't think we're in quite that bad a shape yet lusty but I understand your fears. However, if as has been suggested we're on a 'one in one out' style of embargo we still have some leeway as we've released a lot more players than we've brought in. Of course it would depend on wages but I suspect we're still well ahead in terms of wages saved versus wages brought in over the summer so this may not be a problem. It may well be that Ken is simply seeking new sponsorship rather than direct investment in shares in the club.

At this point almost anything said about this is of course pure speculation but for once I'd rather not immediately see the downside of Ken being in Asia. For all we know he's simply gone there for a holiday and to pick up a decent 'massage' Wink

21 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 12:53

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Slightly concerned that we might have a cashflow problem which could mean we don't get the embargo lifted and don't sign the triallists. Plus we have no pace up front apart from Woolery so we do need some recruitment budget IMO.
I don't think we're in quite that bad a shape yet lusty but I understand your fears. However, if as has been suggested we're on a 'one in one out' style of embargo we still have some leeway as we've released a lot more players than we've brought in. Of course it would depend on wages but I suspect we're still well ahead in terms of wages saved versus wages brought in over the summer so this may not be a problem. It may well be that Ken is simply seeking new sponsorship rather than direct investment in shares in the club.

At this point almost anything said about this is of course pure speculation but for once I'd rather not immediately see the downside of Ken being in Asia. For all we know he's simply gone there for a holiday and to pick up a decent 'massage' Wink
I don't have any problem with him being over there trying to get investment (if he is) because it doesn't necessarily have to be negative and he might be looking to kick on after stabilising things.

22 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 13:41

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I have no idea if the story is bollocks or not but I have said many times already that selling the club on was Ken's idea all along. If he can pocket some number of millions for himself out of a deal then that's good business. He laughs all the way to the bank and it might not be bad for us either...depending on who wants to throw money at us.

23 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 13:59

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote:I have no idea if the story is bollocks or not but I have said many times already that selling the club on was Ken's idea all along. If he can pocket some number of millions for himself out of a deal then that's good business. He laughs all the way to the bank and it might not be bad for us either...depending on who wants to throw money at us.

Dog and partridge

24 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 14:30

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I have no idea if the story is bollocks or not but I have said many times already that selling the club on was Ken's idea all along. If he can pocket some number of millions for himself out of a deal then that's good business. He laughs all the way to the bank and it might not be bad for us either...depending on who wants to throw money at us.

Dog and partridge

no,  but I thought it might be Ming Ding's Chinese Chippy that might be the contsortium mentioned in the story. They have far more money that Sports Shield...... and it's all cash to boot.

25 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 16:38

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We have 4 players on trial including Wheater and Parky has implied in several recently published articles that he'd like to sign at least 2 of them plus A.N.Other so who would he get rid of if it's a one in one out scenario? All the indications from Parky are that he's keen to get signing people. If that's the case and our finances are in order, why hasn't KA at least attempted to get the embargo lifted?
I believe we need more money and whether that's to support cashflow or is a sale, I doubt Parky will get his wishes unless we get the money. After all, the Holding money is no more than a couple of months squad wages.

26 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 20:22

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
It was made clear that whilst the full terms of the "lifting"of the embargo won't be revealed it isn't a one in one out

27 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 20:26

Chairmanda

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
An embargo doesn't always mean what the word 'embargo' implies. It's more often than not a set of conditions which have to be met for any signing. If and when our embargo is lifted, as the league are so keen to monitor our finances on an ongoing basis, I can't see it making a huge difference.

28 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 20:30

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Chairmanda wrote:An embargo doesn't always mean what the word 'embargo' implies. It's more often than not a set of conditions which have to be met for any signing. If and when our embargo is lifted, as the league are so keen to monitor our finances on an ongoing basis, I can't see it making a huge difference.
The monitoring of the finances and the embargo are two different subjects, the monitoring is down to the general financial position and speed the takeover was pushed through.
The embargo is down to the fact we still haven't submitted accounts for 2014/5, I think we were allowed to sign the four because of how many we released and maybe a bit of latitude because of new owners.

29 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Mon Aug 01 2016, 21:11

Chairmanda

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
whatsgoingon wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:An embargo doesn't always mean what the word 'embargo' implies. It's more often than not a set of conditions which have to be met for any signing. If and when our embargo is lifted, as the league are so keen to monitor our finances on an ongoing basis, I can't see it making a huge difference.
The monitoring of the finances and the embargo are two different subjects, the monitoring is down to the general financial position and speed the takeover was pushed through.
The embargo is down to the fact we still haven't submitted accounts for 2014/5, I think we were allowed to sign the four because of how many we released and maybe a bit of latitude because of new owners.
Not entirely correct wgo. They are more linked than you say above. If the accounts weren't submitted, both embargo and financial monitoring are triggered. There may be more elements measured because of takeover, but my point still stands, embargo being lifted does not mean financial monitoring will allow any more signings. Arcane football financial rules my specialism!

30 Re: Anderson desperate to sell club on Tue Aug 02 2016, 09:14

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Ok I was reporting as I have read through various articles, last year of course the embargo was total so monitoring wasn't necessary because there was nothing to monitor, we couldn't even sign a player who offered to play for free so at this point monitoring wasn't even in the equation as there was nothing to monitor. 
But of course a big part of that was down to the fact the HMRC was looking to liquidate us, but the reasons for the embargo at this point were officially lack of accounts for 2014/5 and the lack of a FFP forecast which is why our embargo was different to the likes of Forest.
The monitoring part only came into play when the new owners took over and a part of that was down to the fact that  there was a last minute change in partner to SSBWFC and all the relevant checks were rushed through in order to satisfy the liquidation hearing, so I'm sure that if we submit the relevant paperwork and accounts (no idea why this is dragging on so long)the embargo is mute.
Once that's done and the reasons for the embargo are removed then the monitoring will become more of an issue because the embargo which currently overrides the monitoring won't be there.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum