Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Sheff United - Match Report Post #111

+19
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Number8bus
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Keegan
Jack Russell
Bwfc1958
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only got to the ground at 2.50. Bloody chaos on the road. Only just got home.

Good win though,but I'm not getting too excited.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:A few of us from salford or there abouts on here now.  I see a coup coming
I work in Salford- I'm in

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with Nats summary to be fair, as the home team I would have preferred to see a more aggressive starting line up. Sheffield most have looked at that lineup and thought we were out to contain them which would have lifted their confidence.
I know about cloughs injury but where was Clayton.

Can we get back to the fact nat has her own box and somehow an uninvited little child was in there taking her socks off.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Can we get back to the fact nat has her own box and somehow an uninvited little child was in there taking her socks off.
I didn't think the kid would have that much space.

But then again. Very Happy

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Considering this was league 1 much to put a smile on your face. a good atmosphere and good support for the team when we went down to 10 men and a good feel about the place once the whistle went.

The selection i found puzzling very defensive look about the team, and you just couldn't see how we could put up much of an attack,
But then if you think about it, we have been pants for 18 months with a defence so fragile any team used to score. and moral lower than a snakes belly. we are playing the favourites to win the league so he sets up to keep them out and hopefully grab a chance and score. Thats how it panned out. so the manager got it right.

We were more organised than last year we would not have won that game.

Howard had a decent game the new guy at right back played a solid game, Wheater & Beevers were superb at the back. Spearing was very involved and Pratley put a shift in.

Downside? if we play that formation every week we will not concede many but we will not entertain, and i do not think we could win automatic promotion, however if he keeps it tight and introduces a little more flair maybe we would challenge.

I thought Wilson worked hard but looked out of position, Taylor and Madine didnt make an impact but the system isolated them. Vela should be better than he performs and Davies on as sub failed to get involved.
But a wins a win

Every cloud and that...

We've just been first up on the night's footy highlights programme on the telly box.

And we were described as being "a big club in the division" and it was billed as "the game of the day in League 1".

Big fish, small pond.

We'll piss this league.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:We've just been first up on the night's footy highlights programme on the telly box.
I'm sorry about this but can you repeat it again please? Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got home, been on the pis since 11, the crowd were fucking brilliant today , every player played their fucking socks off, what a day I've had, utterly tremendously brilliant, about 3 hundred quid down, but worth every penny.

I can't see us losing much with this team tbh.

On the up, even talking to a few Sheffield Utd fans, having the crack - they think we'll be up there.

EIEIEIO up the football league we go !!!!!

What a day on the piss, the sun was shining, and we WIN!!!!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton are Back

Highlights are on the Sky website. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loving Nat's unbridled optimism but here in the armchair it did feel like there's still a lot of work to be done, the style is a bit Megsonesque and that there's still a nagging worry especially as they had a couple of gilt-edged chances to change the story so I think everyone has made valid arguments. We just didn't dominate like champions-in-waiting - which we couldn't expect but could hope for. Early days.

wanderlust wrote:Loving Nat's unbridled optimism but here in the armchair it did feel like there's still a lot of work to be done, the style is a bit Megsonesque and that there's still a nagging worry especially as they had a couple of gilt-edged chances to change the story so I think everyone has made valid arguments. We just didn't dominate like champions-in-waiting - which we couldn't expect but could hope for. Early days.
rather megsonesque than freedmanesque or coyleesque or lennonesque

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Superb strike from spearing. Actually hate him for the most part. Radio only but didn't sound particularly encouraging. 

Early days and all that. Behind parky 100% working with a steaming pile of crap won't be easy.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Missed the first 10 mins due to delayed flights, won't be flying American Airlines again, one in the ground in me holiday clobber with the youngest was pleased with what I saw defensively, we struggled in the middle of the pitch and needed to see a bit more creativity, Taylor did not offer much and as others pointed out Madine was isolated.

proctor played the lone striker role better when he came on, but Trotter and Davies had zero impact.

Spearing was superb, did everything from covering the fullbacks, to getting forward and picked up a great goal.

However 3 points at the start of the season is a great start so hopefully we can build on it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Loving Nat's unbridled optimism but here in the armchair it did feel like there's still a lot of work to be done, the style is a bit Megsonesque and that there's still a nagging worry especially as they had a couple of gilt-edged chances to change the story so I think everyone has made valid arguments. We just didn't dominate like champions-in-waiting - which we couldn't expect but could hope for. Early days.
Exactly.
Wondering how long Parky's got before the fans start to get on his back over his playing style? I reckon that everyone will keep quiet until we lose a few and then we all know where that leads to.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Exactly.
Wondering how long Parky's got before the fans start to get on his back over his playing style? I reckon that everyone will keep quiet until we lose a few and then we all know where that leads to.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Exactly.

He's had ONE game in charge ffs!

Rolling Eyes

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

which was a win against one of the favourites to go up. Don't know why people cant just enjoy the rare win and solid performance

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:which was a win against one of the favourites to go up. Don't know why people cant just enjoy the rare win and solid performance

I've enjoyed it. Great game, great day.

Hipster, Terrance, LPP......where are ya????

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum