Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: George Newell joins AFC Fylde on loan

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Newell has joined Vanarama National League North side AFC Fylde on a season-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old, son of former Blackburn Rovers striker Mike, signed for Wanderers permanently from Everton last summer and has been a regular for the Whites' Development Squad since making the move to Macron Stadium.

Handed his Bolton debut as a substitute against Hull City in April 2016, the forward made two senior appearances for the Trotters last year while he has since featured sporadically for Phil Parkinson’s side in pre-season.

Newell will now link up with Dave Challinor’s side ahead of their opening league match away at AFC Telford United on Saturday afternoon.

Speaking about the decision to loan out the forward, Phil Parkinson said: “We felt it was important for George to get some men’s football. 

“He’s done better and better as pre-season has gone on and I wanted him to go somewhere and play competitive football.

“He’s going to be training with us at the start of the week and be working on his strength and conditioning. I think naturally George is going to get stronger but we will work with him on that.

“Fylde are a club with great facilities and hopefully he will do well at that level. 

“For strikers, if you are going to have a lot of possession in the final third, hopefully you’re going to get chances and we look forward to monitoring him closely.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Needs to build up his physique and I think this is a good move for him.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum