Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackpool 4-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #60

+14
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
karlypants
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Number8bus
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Think Parkinson will go with a weaker team, still good enough to beat them 2-1

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackpool are one of the worst teams ever, their own fans even hate them.

Our kids that Chorley smashed would beat them 0-8.

Number8bus

Number8bus
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Let's be honest, the Seasiders are to football what Ebola is to promoting a long and healthy lifestyle... 

We should pump them 3 or 4-0... I am still afflicted with Post Allardyce Syndrome though, and everything is screaming 'Donkey Lashers Cup Final', and therefore outclassed, out played, and get a late injury time equaliser before ending their brave but futile effort in injury time. 

Either way, the Sand Dancing Tangerines will be crying all over their toffee apples.  

A bit like them Ra Rahs were doing a couple of years back...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course we should win this one but Blackpool did win their opening game and their "triallists" came up trumps for them so we can't afford to be overconfident.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know and frankly don't care. The addition of Premier League kids teams has totally devalued what was already a very minor competition. Personally I'll forecast a 1-0 win for us with a goal from Madine assuming he's playing.

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I don't know and frankly don't care. The addition of Premier League kids teams has totally devalued what was already a very minor competition. Personally I'll forecast a 1-0 win for us with a goal from Madine assuming he's playing.
That's a different competition. This is the EFL Cup (League Cup) the one with the kids in is the EFL Trophy (Sherpa Van Trophy).

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I don't know and frankly don't care. The addition of Premier League kids teams has totally devalued what was already a very minor competition. Personally I'll forecast a 1-0 win for us with a goal from Madine assuming he's playing.

:facepalm:

You need a lie down. Get Wendy to massage your head.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
That's a different competition. This is the EFL Cup (League Cup) the one with the kids in is the EFL Trophy (Sherpa Van Trophy).

now called the Checkatrade trophy  Laughing

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They should get Disney to sponsor it then they could really call it a "MickyMouse" trophy.

We have Pratts, Clough & Clayton out already....I don't want to risk any more injuries against likely cloggers.  Play all the kids.  We need to concentrate on League 1....IMO.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Solid 1-0 win. Woolery

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ah, well, if Wendy was home I'd ask her for that massage Nat suggested. Unfortunately I'm on my tod as she's working a sleep in. Either way, be it the League Cup or the old Sherpa Van Trophy I'm truly not that interested in it. I think we need to concentrate on the League and while a good FA Cup run would be welcome I think this one is just not important enough to get worked up about. As I said a 1-0 win to us with Madine to score if he plays but I won't be upset if we lose.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to use the game to work out the best workhorse in midfield to stand in for Pratley for the next few months. Plus a chance to experiment a bit in attack. We might struggle, but hopefully all will go well.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Darren Bond to oversee Blackpool EFL Cup trip

Darren Bond will oversee Wanderers’ EFL Cup first round clash away at Blackpool on Tuesday night.

The tie will be the Lancashire-based official's first match of the season as well as his maiden outing running the rule over the Whites.

Having taken charge of his first Football League fixture in August 2012, Mr Bond was the man in the middle for 36 games last term, dishing out 106 yellow cards and three red cards.

Mark Dwyer and Paul Hodskinson will run the line, while Kevin Mulraine is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five points ahead of Blackpool v Bolton Wanderers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers travel to Blackpool in the first round of the EFL Cup on Tuesday night. Here are five key points to look out for at Bloomfield Road...

1. Large away following
Wanderers look set to be backed by a vocal away support for their trip to local-rivals Blackpool. At the time of writing the club have sold 1,400 tickets for Tuesday night's game, while it has also been confirmed there will be cash turnstiles on the day at Bloomfield Road. And with the Whites faithful feeling positive after Saturday's opening day victory over Sheffield United, the atmosphere is sure to be good in the away section of the Seasiders' stadium. 

2. First away day of the season
Tuesday's game marks Bolton's first away match of the season, with a derby clash with Blackpool adding an extra spice to the occasion. While the Trotters may have failed to win on their travels last year, Phil Parkinson's arrival at the club has marked a new era at Macron Stadium. Players and supporters alike will be eager to see Wanderers' away drought ended as soon as possible. Could Bloomfield Road be the venue where the Whites put an end to their away day blues?

3. Away kit
Following its reveal last week, Bolton Wanderers' new Macron-manufactured 2016/17 Sky Blue away kit will make its debut for the Trotters' clash with Blackpool. Fans making the trip will get their first glimpse of the shirt in the flesh, which is currently available to pre-order ahead of its release on Saturday 13 August.  

4. Squad rotation
Phil Parkinson has already signaled his intent to rest some of the players who started Saturday's game and hand others opportunities for Wanderers' trip to Blackpool. With Lewis Buxton and David Wheater two players who could sit out Tuesday's match, the likes of Derik Osede, Tom Walker and Kaiyne Woolery will be looking to stake their respective claims while Jamie Proctor could be in line for his first Bolton start.

5. Potential second round opponents
If Wanderers were to emerge triumphant against Blackpool, they could face the possibility of a potential second round clash against one of England's biggest sides. Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool are among the sides entering the competition at the next stage - ties which would undoubtedly leave everyone at Bolton rubbing their hands with glee.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

60 Second Press Conference:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chance for several players to stake their claim and it will be interesting to see if he asks the less defence-minded ones to play the same system as v Sheff U or changes it to suit them.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Due to the local feelings towards the Oystons, it is more then likely that the away supporters will out number the home fans tonight.

Many locals wish they were playing Torquay , just to give two fingers to the current owners with  an embarrassingly low  crowd attendance.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Due to the local feelings towards the Oystons, it is more then likely that the away supporters will out number the home fans tonight.

Many locals wish they were playing Torquay , just to give two fingers to the current owners with  an embarrassingly low  crowd attendance.
You going Cajun? Practically next door for you isn't it?

Number8bus

Number8bus
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Cajunboy wrote:Due to the local feelings towards the Oystons, it is more then likely that the away supporters will out number the home fans tonight.

Easy lad, Torquay United have a good away following... honestly. They have a a very large second club fanbase all over the country.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't Neil Warnock the Torquay boss at one time?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum