Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AFC Wimbledon 1-2 BWFC - Match Report Post #44

+16
whatsgoingon
Norpig
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
To Be Frank
Boggersbelief
Number8bus
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
karlypants
scottjames30
Sluffy
terenceanne
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This might have been a local derby with Accrington Stanley but the Wombles narrowly prevailed 3-2 in last year's playoff final so instead it's a long trip darn sarf. This is one I was hoping to get to but it's my wedding anniversary and I'm taking the missus to the Blickling proms for a bit of Land of Hope and Glory with Spitfires and Lancaster bombers on Saturday rather than risking a John Wayne Bobbit. 

Absolutely should win. In fact must win from a confidence and momentum perspective, but it's a potential banana skin. They'll be hurting and determined to put at least one point on the board after Wozzle put them to the sword on Saturday, but we really should have too much for this lot if we're seriously going to challenge this year.

Away win and clean sheet 0 - 2.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:This might have been a local derby with Accrington Stanley but the Wombles narrowly prevailed 3-2 in last year's playoff final so instead it's a long trip darn sarf. This is one I was hoping to get to but it's my wedding anniversary and I'm taking the missus to the Blickling proms for a bit of Land of Hope and Glory with Spitfires and Lancaster bombers on Saturday rather than risking a John Wayne Bobbit. 

Absolutely should win. In fact must win from a confidence and momentum perspective, but it's a potential banana skin. They'll be hurting and determined to put at least one point on the board after Wozzle put them to the sword on Saturday, but we really should have too much for this lot if we're seriously going to challenge this year.

Wander, you are without doubt a romantic bastard. Did you also buy the Mrs. a lawnmower to celebrate?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from the clubs official site -

#BWFC fans are reminded that Saturday's trip to @AFCWimbledon is a complete sell out with no tickets remaining.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big crowd witnessing the awaking giant!!!!!!!!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Gavin Ward to run the rule over AFC Wimbledon trip

Gavin Ward will oversee Wanderers’ trip to AFC Wimbledon on Saturday

The match will be the Surrey-based official's third outing running the rule over the Whites having previously manned Bolton's away clashes with Millwall and Derby County during the 2012/13 season.

Having taken charge of his first Football League fixture in August 2007, Mr Ward was the man in the middle for 35 games last term, dishing out 113 yellow cards and two red cards.

He has also refereed two matches so far this season, including Luton Town's midweek EFL Cup victory over Aston Villa, handing out seven yellow cards and no red cards.

Nicholas Cooper and Neil Radford will run the line, while Neil Davies is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
wanderlust wrote:This might have been a local derby with Accrington Stanley but the Wombles narrowly prevailed 3-2 in last year's playoff final so instead it's a long trip darn sarf. This is one I was hoping to get to but it's my wedding anniversary and I'm taking the missus to the Blickling proms for a bit of Land of Hope and Glory with Spitfires and Lancaster bombers on Saturday rather than risking a John Wayne Bobbit. 

Wander, you are without doubt a romantic bastard. Did you also buy the Mrs. a lawnmower to celebrate?
I don't mind a bit of Land of Hope and Glory but the rampant nationalism you get in Norfolk is unlike any I've ever seen and personally I find it bordering on distasteful - whereas the missus loves it so despite appearances it is in fact a romantic gesture.

That said, I can imagine that after a skinful, two encores of LOHAG and a WW2 flypast the crowd at Blickling forms a humungous lynch mob and spends the rest of the night scouring the county for immigrants to string up. They'll have a field day - the entire agricultural output is based on migrant european labour, mainly third generation Portuguese.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Away win 2-1  Trotters. Smile

i hope we win this so that guy off reebok roar or whatever it's called will stop putting pictures on of his massive hanging beard!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After the Blackpool match, this game takes on a bit more significance. Not so confident about the 2 nil away win now, but I live in hope.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Away win 1-2 for me. I just can't see the clean sheet. Will go with Madine (I know but I have to be right sometime this millennium) as first scorer.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scouting report: AFC Wimbledon

Ahead of Wanderers' first ever meeting with AFC Wimbledon, bwfc.co.uk take a closer look at Neal Ardley's side...

SEASON SO FAR…
Competing in the third tier of English football for the first time following their play-off success against Plymouth Argyle last season, AFC Wimbledon will be keen to continue their remarkable rise of the football ladder.

Only founded in 2002, Neal Ardley looked to strengthen his squad ahead of the campaign with the arrivals of Ryan Clarke, Chris Welpdale, Dean Parrett, Darius Charles, Dominic Poleon, Tyrone Barnett and Sean Kelly.

Following a mixed pre-season, the Wombles started the season with an opening day defeat at Walsall, before being knocked out of the EFL Cup by Peterborough United in midweek.

Looking to kick-start their season this weekend against Wanderers, Wimbledon will eager to impress in front of their home fans in what will be their first game at The Cherry Red Records Stadium this year.

RECENT FORM
• W 2-0 - Reading H - (Pre-Season Friendly, 23/7/16)
• L 2-3 - Crystal Palace A - (Pre-Season Friendly, 27/7/16)
• W 1-2 - Woking A - (Pre-Season Friendly, 29/7/16)
• W 0-1 - Dagenham & Redbridge A - (Pre-Season Friendly, 30/7/16)
• L 3-1 - Walsall A - (Sky Bet League One, 6/8/16)
• L 3-2 - Peterborough United A - (EFL Cup, 9/8/16)

THE MANAGER: NEAL ARDLEY
Taking his first steps into management with AFC Wimbledon in October 2012, Neal Ardley led the Wombles into Sky Bet League One this season having helped mastermind their Play-Off Final victory over Plymouth Argyle back in May.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A midfielder during his playing days, the former England Under-21s international spent the majority of his career with the original Wimbledon during the nineties, before hanging up his boots in 2007 because of injury after stints with Watford, Cardiff City and Millwall.

Beginning his coaching career back in south Wales with his former club Cardiff, the 43-year-old was appointed manager of the Bluebirds' academy shortly after his retirement, having been preparing for a career as a coach since the age of 24.

Later taking over at AFC Wimbledon, with former Wanderers defender Neil Cox named as his assistant manager, he narrowly guided his side to League Two safety in his first few months at the club, surviving the drop courtesy of a final day victory over Fleetwood Town.

He also led AFC Wimbledon to their first ever victory over MK Dons in October 2014, before securing promotion to the third tier last season. 

CAPTAIN: BARRY FULLER
Having joined AFC Wimbledon in May 2013, Wombles skipper Barry Fuller captained the club to promotion last season as they beat Plymouth Argyle in the Sky Bet League Two Play-Offf Final.

Starting his professional career with Charlton Athletic, the former England 'C' international made his professional debut during a loan spell with Barnet during the 2005/06 season, before joining Stevenage Borough on a free transfer at the end of the campaign.

An FA Trophy winner with the club in 2007, he signed for League One side Gillingham the following January but was unable to prevent them from suffering relegation.

Named Gills captain in October 2008, the 31-year-old helped them secure an immediate return to the third tier as they beat Shrewsbury Town in the 2009 Play-Off Final.

Signing for Barnet in August 2012, he spent a season with the club before making the move to AFC Wimbledon.

KEY PLAYER: LYLE TAYLOR
On the scoresheet in AFC Wimbledon's Play-Off Final victory over Plymouth Argyle, Lyle Taylor finished his first season at The Cherry Red Records Stadium with 23 goals as the Wombles secured promotion.

Starting his senior career with Millwall, the Montserrat international spent time on loan at Eastbourne Borough and Croydon Athletic before joining Concord Rangers having failed to make an appearance during his time with the Lions.

A prolific solitary campaign with the club earned him a move back to the Football League with AFC Bournemouth. However, he failed to score a goal during his time with the Cherries - subsequently enjoying brief loan stints with Lewes, Hereford United and Woking.

Making the move north of the border with Falkirk in July 2012, the 26-year-old scored 29 goals during his sole season in Scotland before being snapped up by Sheffield United.

With two separate loan stints with Partick Thistle sandwiching a permanent move to Scunthorpe United, the forward joined AFC Wimbledon in July 2015.

And having enjoyed a successful first season with the club, Taylor is already off the mark this having scored in both their opening day defeat to Walsall and EFL Cup defeat against Peterborough United.

LAST AFC WIMBLEDON XI (v Peterborough United, L 3-2)
Clarke, Fuller, Robinson, Kelly, Charles, Reeves, Whelpdale (Beere 45), Parrett, Poleon (Taylor 69), Barcham, Barnett (Elliott 69).

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Five talking points ahead of AFC Wimbledon v Bolton Wanderers

As Phil Parkinson and his Bolton Wanderers team prepare for their first Sky Bet League One outing on the road, bwfc.co.uk highlights five key talking points ahead of the weekend's trip to AFC Wimbledon.

New ground, new opposition

Saturday’s game against AFC Wimbledon will not only mark Wanderers’ first ever visit to The Cherry Red Records Stadium, but also the first ever meeting between the two sides. Whatever the outcome, it is sure to be a day to remember.

Sold out away support
As a result, Whites fans swooped to secure their tickets for this weekend’s game as they sold out before even going on open sale. Following the travelling Bolton faithful’s fantastic support in midweek, expect more of the same as over 800 Trotters make the journey to the capital! 

First league away day
After travelling to Blackpool in midweek, the trip to AFC Wimbledon marks Wanderers’ first away league game of the season. Without a win on the their travels last year, the travelling Whites will be desperate to see Bolton’s away day blues come to an end at the first time of asking against the newly-promoted side.

Terraces
With the majority of the Trotters’ tickets for the game in the standing section, it is set to be a special atmosphere on Saturday!

Strikers off the mark
Although they were knocked out of the EFL Cup in midweek, both Jamie Proctor and Kaiyne Woolery managed to net their first goals of the season. And while Wanderers were guilty of missing chances at Bloomfield Road, the duo getting off the mark early bodes well with for the rest of the campaign. And with Max Clayton and Zach Clough also nearing first team returns, the Whites will soon have plenty of options in attack as Phil Parkinson continues to run the rule over his squad.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have a new policy this season ...... I am not going to prognosticate results at all.  Sorry to all those who run down to the bookies with a tenner based on my predictions.   tongue

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Can't feel confident about winning based solely on the fact we are playing away. I live in hope though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Damn. Just found out we're being picked up at 4.45 to go to Engerlanderfest so I hope it's not a cliffhanger as I'll have to be sociable whilst missing the last few minutes. And be ready on time.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Imagine if we win again...

Number8bus

Number8bus
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Fair play to Wimbledon getting back to this level, but I am pretty disappointed that we aren't playing at Plimuff Gargoyles instead....

I would love to see Wanderers in Devon, but the Real Dons have ended that ambition for me.

Not Franchise 2 Wanderers 2

No idea what the result will be but we won't score more than one.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll score two or three.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]