Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol Rovers 1-2 Bolton Wanderers - Match Report Post #56

+14
Norpig
wanderlust
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
Fabians Right Peg
boltonbonce
Number8bus
wessy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Could this game see us win 3 on the spin? I'd be happy to get a point, but with Clough and Clayton now both fit, maybe just maybe we can get the 3 points.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-3 or 0-2 (Madine) is blood thirsty for goals now.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to earth with a bump. They're unbeaten in 15 at home, we are shit away. 2-0 to them

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm going 1-2, the away day blues monkey has now gone from our backs and we have a manager who seems to know how to get results.
I'll take a few scrappy hard fought wins and hopefully this will give us the confidence to start playing to our potential and dicking a few teams.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:I'm going 1-2, the away day blues monkey has now gone from our backs and we have a manager who seems to know how to get results.
I'll take a few scrappy hard fought wins and hopefully this will give us the confidence to start playing to our potential and dicking a few teams.
Changing from doom merchant to a better fan I see.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:I'm going 1-2, the away day blues monkey has now gone from our backs and we have a manager who seems to know how to get results.
Changing from doom merchant to a better fan I see.
Show me some doom I've spread

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The last game I saw in Bristol we were dicked, giving away 6 goals.

Ishall be there on Wednesday, and whereas we're playing slightly better, and getting back into the winning mind set, I still think this will be a hard game for us, and I think we will draw 1-1.
I'll go for Madine as I think his confidence is coming back, instead of his misplaced arrogance.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bristol Rovers v Bolton Wanderers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers travel to Bristol Rovers on Wednesday night. Here are five key points to look out for at The Memorial Stadium...

1. The away drought is over!

Having last won on the road in April 2015, goals from Gary Madine and Liam Trotter saw Wanderers finally put that unwanted to run to bed as they recorded victory over AFC Wimbledon on Saturday. 

Boosted by claiming three points on the their travels at the first time of asking this campaign, the Whites will be eager to go from strength-to-strength with them eager to ensure they do not have to wait as long for their next away win!

2. 100% run to maintain
One of just two sides in Sky Bet League One to have won both of their opening two matches alongside Gillingham, Bolton currently sit second in the league table. 

And while it is early days, the Trotters will be keen to maintain their positive start to the season as they look to gain an early-upper hand.

3. Bristol Rovers' home form
Wednesday's hosts Bristol Rovers will prove quite the test in front of their home fans for Phil Parkinson's side on Wednesday. 

The Gas have not lost at home since November 2015, incredibly winning 15 of their last 16 home matches as they made a late push to storm to automatic promotion last season, securing their place in the third tier on the final day of the season thanks to goal difference alone. 

However, as the Trotters well know, runs do not last forever. Could Wanderers bring the side to bring that record to an end? 

4. New stadium
Having not faced Bristol Rovers since the 1989/90 season, Wednesday's game present Wanderers fans with their first ever opportunity to visit the Memorial Stadium. 

Home to the Pirates since 1996, the Whites were triumphant when they paid their first visit to the Cherry Red Records Stadium last weekend. Will they clinch another maiden victory at the first attempt this time around?

5. Max Clayton and Zach Clough are back
Saturday's teamsheet provided a welcome sight for Bolton as Max Clayton and Zach Clough made their respective returns from injury. 

Having both sat out the Trotters' first two games of the campaign, Clayton remained an unused substitute as he continues to feel his way back from the hamstring injury that ended his campaign prematurely last year. 

Clough meanwhile came on for the final thirty minutes at the Cherry Red Records Stadium, and will be looking to make his mark quickly have been among the goals in pre-season. 

Enhancing Wanderers' options in attack, both frontmen will be eager to play their parts this season as they look to impress under their new manager. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Ollie Yates to oversee Bristol Rovers trip

Ollie Yates will oversee Wanderers’ trip to Bristol Rovers on Wednesday.

A newcomer to the Football League, the game at The Memorial Stadium will mark the first time the official has taken charge of a Sky Bet League One fixture.

Running the rule over over 21 National League ties last season, Mr Yates dishing out 54 yellow cards and two red cards last term.

The man in the middle for his first Football League fixture on the opening day of the season between Yeovil Town and Notts County, he has officiated three matches so far this year, handing out six yellow cards along the way.

Mark Derrien and Matthew Jones will run the line, while Michael D'aguilar is the fourth official.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd like to start with Madine and Clough up front with the options on the bench of Proctor, Woolery and Clayton. Or alternatively Proctor on his own with Clayton, Clough and Woolery behind taking turns to support and supply the ammo

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think this will be our toughest test so far, would take a point into the Fleetwood game

Number8bus

Number8bus
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Gas Rats 0 Wanderers 3

So, the nearest game to me is played on a Tuesday night and I can't get back from Brizzle tonight. That is proper shite...

Another club like the Dingles with a schizophrenic kit that can't make up it's mind what colour it's supposed to be.

Drink up thee cyder, for tonight we'll merry be....

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Number8bus wrote:Gas Rats 0 Wanderers 3

So, the nearest game to me is played on a Tuesday night and I can't get back from Brizzle tonight. That is proper shite...

Another club like the Dingles with a schizophrenic kit that can't make up it's mind what colour it's supposed to be.

Drink up thee cyder, for tonight we'll merry be....

It's Wednesday not tonight

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Windows phone is telling me it's tonight. Shocked

Number8bus

Number8bus
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Yeah, it is tomorrow... it was originally on the Tuesday I think, but Gas Rats changed it.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Changed because they played Sunday.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

few interesting results tonight so far Sheff utd losing 3-0 to Southend, bottom of the table if it stays that way.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:few interesting results tonight so far Sheff utd losing 3-0 to Southend, bottom of the table if it stays that way.

And they were favourites to top the league!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten of us going down to Bristol tomorrow. Mini Bus leaving Lancaster at 1pm with pick up at Walton Summit and any junction of the M6 southbound. If any nutters fancy a trip out there are a few spare seats at £20 return. If you are up for it then PM me before midday tomorrow.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we win this one we would be two points clear at the top of the table.......how's that for a laugher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum