Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 MK Dons - Match Report Post #63

+20
gloswhite
doffcocker
bryan458
Cajunboy
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
Bread2.0
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
JAH
Keegan
Jack Russell
King Bill
karlypants
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:We're undefeated - save the doom n gloom for when/if we lose.
We're undefeated, but are we doomed!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:We're undefeated - save the doom n gloom for when/if we lose.
We're undefeated, but are we doomed!

I agree, it's shit being top of the league.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-1 MK Dons

OVERVIEW

Wanderers continued their unbeaten start to life in Sky Bet League One with a 1-1 draw against MK Dons at Macron Stadium.

The deadlock was born inside seven minutes, with Mark Beevers on target against his former club for his first goal in Bolton colours when slamming home via the underside of the bar.

The visitors were back level shortly after the break however, with Ryan Colclough forcing the ball home after a scramble inside the six yard area, while they also saw a Kieran Agard penalty kick saved by Mark Howard with 64 minutes gone.

Both sides gave their all inside the remainder of the game to force a winner, but the spoils were ultimately shared at the final whistle.

TEAM NEWS

Jamie Proctor replaced the injured Gary Madine up front for Wanderers, while Andrew Taylor was brought in at left-back for the home side.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers started brightly at Macron Stadium, with the visitors under pressure from the off with Keshi Anderson in particular looking lively early on.

With just seven minutes on the clock however, the deadlock was broken through Beevers who slammed the ball home on the half volley via the crossbar to give Bolton a deserved lead after David Martin had parried Jamie Proctor’s initial header goalwards.

The visitors were visibly a little stunned to be behind so early on and were forced to defend in their numbers as the Whites looked to extend their lead.

They almost snatched an equaliser against the run of play however halfway through the first period, with Kieran Agard agonisingly close to hitting the target with Mark Howard stranded after collecting a Dean Bowditch ball across the face of goal.

Wanderers were soon back on top though, with the majority of play being contested inside Dons’ half of the pitch.

Clear cut chances though weren’t as forthcoming, with the visitors putting bodies on the line to block numerous Bolton efforts.

The Trotters were left calling for a penalty shortly after the half hour mark as Proctor was seemingly hauled down just inside the box, but the referee waved away the claims to the forward’s dismay.

George Baldock meanwhile again came close for Karl Robinson’s side, with his cross from the right flank skimming the top of the crossbar with five minutes of the first half remaining.

Anderson was handed a glorious chance on the stroke of half time when Howard launched the ball out to the forward on the half way line following a Dons set-piece, but the youngster just couldn’t capitalise with his eventual shot being calmly collected by Martin as the whistle was blown.

SECOND HALF

With no changes for either side at the break, proceedings got back underway with Liam Trotter in the mix early on for the Whites.

Dons were looking more threatening than they had previously in the clash however, with Howard having to be on his guard to push an Agard shot from the edge of the box over the goalmouth early on in the second period.

Their efforts were eventually rewarded too in the 54th minute, with Colclough bundling the ball home from close range after a goalmouth scramble had ensued in the six yard box.

Despite the set-back, Bolton were right back on it in a bid to restore their lead with Wheater nodding a header from a Henry cross just wide of the mark.

The hour mark also saw Wanderers’ first change of the encounter with Sammy Ameobi replacing Anderson up front for the home side.

Dons were then handed an opportunity to put themselves in front from the penalty spot after Lewis Buxton was deemed to have brought Agard down inside the area.

The forward stepped up to take the spot-kick himself, but Howard was the hero for Bolton as he somehow kept his effort out via the crossbar, with the ball bouncing down onto the goalline before being scooped to safety.

Tempers were flaring all over the pitch, with neither side ready to settle for the draw as the game entered its final quarter.

There was another penalty shout for Wanderers in the 80th minute, with Proctor seemingly fouled when he was about to strike the ball inside the six yard box, but again nothing was given.

There was also a chance for Ameobi after the ball had pinged around inside a crowded box, but Martin was out quickly to deny the on-loan wide-man his first goal in Bolton colours.

It was end to end stuff as the game entered its final minutes while Ameobi forced Martin into a smart save down to his left on the stroke of the 90.

With five minutes of additional time indicated, Wanderers were in the ascendancy and threw men forward in their numbers, but they just couldn’t force a winner as it ended all square.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Liam Trotter is even shit at this level !! Lewis Buxton is garbage and Josh Vera had a stinker, to many poor performances !! Really frustrated .

Boggersbelief wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:2 pts dropped there.

And forget the atrocious officiating, that's obviously the norm in Division 3, we should be battering teams like MK dons at home.

I'm probably going to get panned for being a clueless armchair bastard, but I've been saying for a couple of weeks that we're in a false position.

You can scab your way to the top of the league through luck over 5 games but you can't rely on it over a full season.

We've got the most expensive squad in the division and Parkinson needs to start getting them firing properly if we're to stand a chance of going up.

Let the abuse begin....

Hmm. They've just come down and have kept most of their squad. We aren't gonna come up against much better in this division than today's opposition.

Got to agree with Boggers on that, 2 points dropped yes, but MK Dons are a force in League 1. A draws not the end of the world but the lack of goals is worrying.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They're in 15 place, having won 2 games out of 7, with a goal difference of -2.

We were at home today and should have been capable of beating them easily.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:They're in 15 place, having won 2 games out of 7, with a goal difference of -2.

We were at home today and should have been capable of beating them easily.

I think you're missing the point.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I must be.

Enlighten me.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:I must be.

Enlighten me.

When do we easily batter anyone at home?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Enlighten me.
He can't.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frustrating afternoon. Buxton was pretty shit,but I'm not getting too down. Last season we'd have lost that.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Frustrating afternoon. Buxton was pretty shit,but I'm not getting too down. Last season we'd have lost that.
As long as we keep picking up points, we'll still win the league.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:

Enlighten me.

But we should at least be able to batter Fleetwood.

They are the Cod Army.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Enlighten me.

But we should at least be able to batter Fleetwood.

They are the Cod Army.

We stopped battering teams years ago. 

We shouldn't be battering anyone, that's not what we do anymore.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A fair result in the end.  Referee was very inconsistent, seemed to punish us for everything and them for very little. 

Thought we'd batter them after the first goal went in.  I thought Ameobi was threatening when he came in but he still had a couple of shite passes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am really disheartened after today.

A 1-1 draw isn't the end of the world, but the performance was pitiful and the manager clueless.

While I'm not expecting world beaters at this level, too many of our players can't even do the basics that should be taken for granted.

Buxton had one of the worst games from any Bolton player ever. Gave them the goal, gave them a penalty, and consistently got caught in possession or passed the ball straight to a red shirt.

The other fullback Taylor wasn't much better, fucking useless crosser of the ball.

In midfield Trotter continues to trot through the match as though it's a Sunday morning game after a skinfull the night before. James Henry was even worse, what a fucking useless wanker he is. He's slipped into the Mark Davies anonymous roll with ease. Vela, for all the so-called admiring glances from other clubs, needs to fucking learn to pass.

But upfront was where, as usual, we were at our fucking worst. Proctor is a donkey in everything but name. The twat can't even control a simple pass, time and time again the ball bounced off his fat knee or shin. And he should fucking get himself fit, there's no excuse for a professional footballer to be knackered after 60 minutes. We'll probably never know if this bellend can finish as he plays football with his back to goal. One thing is for sure, Madine is twice the player Proctor is, at least he can hold the ball up occasionally.

And fucking Keisha Anderson is an embarrassment. I've seen more muscle on a piece of string. I wouldn't mind so much if his so-called pace got him into good positions, but he seems to excel at running into defenders and losing the ball. The one time he did get through he shot straight at the goalkeeper when it seemed easier to score. He should have been off after half an hour, the shitbag. Woolery is twice the player this tugboat is.

But the biggest bellend of the day was our manager. We were shit all day, he should have changed things at half-time, if not earlier. But like all previous Bolton managers he waited until the opposition scored before making a change. And although Ameobi showed a couple of neat touches, the game was crying out for something different, but he left it until 85 minutes to make further changes. Fuck off Parkinson.

If he doesn't drop Buxton for Walsall he is a cocksucker. Wilson is a much better rightback. And if he picks Anderson or Henry before Ameobi next weekend I will personally see to it that someone does a dump on his kitchen floor.

Fuck off.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Stop mincing your words and tell us what you really think.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i agree with Nat for the most part, Buxton is a liability, he cost us their goal and the penalty. I would give Wilson a chance instead.

Proctor needs to be told to stay in the middle, he spent most of the game drifting wide and left no one in the box. I would have kept Anderson on even though he didn't do much and would have taken off Henry and put Ameobi in his place. Not sure why Parky brought on Ameobi then stuck him wide leaving Proctor alone upfront?

we are still unbeaten but that is 2 games in a row we should have won but haven't.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Having seen the highlights, never a penalty, foul ( if one was committed ) was outside the box, I'm putting it down to an off day, and we'll bounce back at Walsall next week.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:2 pts dropped there.

And forget the atrocious officiating, that's obviously the norm in Division 3, we should be battering teams like MK Dons at home.

I'm probably going to get panned for being a clueless armchair bastard, but I've been saying for a couple of weeks that we're in a false position.

You can scab your way to the top of the league through luck over 5 games but you can't rely on it over a full season.

We've got the most expensive squad in the division and Parkinson needs to start getting them firing properly if we're to stand a chance of going up.

Let the abuse begin....

Rubbish post. None of the teams we've played have been better than us. We haven't been lucky in any game to get points. We're top because we've been the most consistent team so far. I'll give Parkinson one thing, we are harder to beat than we've been for some time.

The frustrating thing is we should be 4 or 5 points clear at the top.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum