Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore?

+13
MartinBWFC
Lard Lad
Cajunboy
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
observer
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
NickFazer
wessy
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
Bread2.0
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 12:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What the fuck is wrong with you?

We've just had possibly the worst league result of the last 25 years and hardly anyone has posted. No rants, no threats to burn season tickets, no death threats to the players and manager, no fucking emotion!!

We just lost to Walsall! Fucking Walsall! And they had 10 men for the majority of the game!!

Has it got to the stage where you just don't care anymore, simply happy to have a club to support? Or have you become so accustomed to defeat that is just doesn't register anymore? Or, perhaps, shopping with the wife/girlfriend/mum is more appealing these days?

Or is it just this site? Is it full of Bolton fans that don't support Bolton as other sites suggest?

Whatever it is, you need to fucking wake that passion up. There's more emotion on the fucking betting shop thread.

Twats!

2Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 12:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought the site rules had changed, where we couldn't rant or show passion? For the risk of posters complaining resulting in bans.

3Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I thought the site rules had changed, where we couldn't rant or show passion? For the risk of posters complaining resulting in bans.

Fuck the rules. I want to see some fucking rants!

4Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 12:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP doesn't like it though.

5Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 13:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one has banned rants after a shite result.

6Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 13:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:KP doesn't like it though.
I have no issue with rants or letting off steam or whatever.

It's when people try antagonising others etc with trying to create another forum war resulting in fellow members getting sick and tired of it!

7Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 17:03

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you?

We've just had possibly the worst league result of the last 25 years and hardly anyone has posted.

Go on, I'll play along.....

How is losing narrowly to Walsall "possibly the worst league result of the last 25 years"?

Are you on Hyperbolic Steroids or something?

8Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 17:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Go on, I'll play along.....

How is losing narrowly to Walsall "possibly the worst league result of the last 25 years"?

Are you on Hyperbolic Steroids or something?

Yes, but that's a story for another thread.

Give me 3 worse results from the last 25 years.

9Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 17:18

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bristol City 6 - 0 Useless Twats

Reading 7 - 1 Bunch of Knobs

Can't Be Arsed Fuckwits 1 - 1 Blackpool (The day we all realised that Rob Hall wasn't a footballer.)

10Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 17:21

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Given we are second in the league, perspective is needed, we are not world beaters but we are still holding our own, will reserve judgement until Christmas, even proper turkeys get that long.

11Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 17:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Bristol City 6 - 0 Useless Twats

Can't Be Arsed Fuckwits 1 - 1 Blackpool (The day we all realised that Rob Hall wasn't a footballer.)

I agree that those are pisspoor results, but Reading and Bristol City are decent sized clubs, and Reading were a Premier League club not all that long ago.

I say a 1-0 defeat to 10-man Walsall is worse.

12Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 18:06

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Stoke  5-0 in a cup Semi Final with the players we had was worse for me.
And the two Bread mentioned the only thing that makes this piss poor was the fact they had 10 men.

We are a league one side with a league one squad so 1-0 away not really that bad considering it's the first defeat. Granted i was shouting at the radio but in the great scheme of things your way off the mark.

13Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 18:07

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unfortunately, or fortunately whichever way you look at it I couldn't go to Walsall so I can't comment on the display although according to Parky the keeper had a blinder and according to social media we were wank so the truth is probably somewhere in between. I was not particularly surprised we lost yesterday although to lose against a team down to 10 with 75 mins left is pitiful, I thought we were fortunate to get a point against MK and away at Charlton, in general the performances have been unconvincing with the possible exception of Sheffield Utd.

Big test next week against Bradford City, lose and it will start to look like a we have had something of a false dawn. BCFC will have a large away support so time for you armchair Whites to get down to the Macron

14Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 18:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Watched the guys yesterday, and to be honest, overall, we were shite. No oomph, no passion, poor passing, no leader, no joined up play. No apparent game plan. we just went through the motions, and paid for it.
I couldn't understand why Howard kept hoofing the ball up the park, in the MKD game and this one, then realised that when he did give it to midfield they pissed about and achieved nothing.
Didn't think i would say this, but I'm looking forward to Spearing coming back.

15Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 19:18

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Possibly there's no rants cos there's no passion. We have seen over subsequent seasons the bosses buggering off, the players more suited to tiddleywinks and the game going from euphoric Prem to dire third tier and we are still no further foward. Passion, and I think it's the wrong word to use, comes with the players and management first and then the supporters. You can be passionate about a third tier team but only when they play the kind of footie you want them to play. Our lot are hopefully in the process of picking themselves up and cracking on. If they improve over the next few games all well and good, if you're asking me will they improve over the next few games I have to answer in truth I just don't know. I see us having stagnated while other teams are on the up. If we draw all our games from now to term end I see mid-table mediocrity. We need a prolific goal scorer, some injury free players and a few of those nice reffing decisions. As it stands, mid table. To change my mind I'll have to wait until after Christmas and see how the lads perform then.

16Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 20:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Bristol City 6 - 0 Useless Twats

I agree that those are pisspoor results, but Reading and Bristol City are decent sized clubs, and Reading were a Premier League club not all that long ago.

I say a 1-0 defeat to 10-man Walsall is worse.
I often think you are overly dramatic for effect, but in this case, you are correct.  We barely got by the first four games (one goal victories, but we'll take it)... and the past three weeks have been dismal... back to finishing poorly and seemingly on a bad slide downwards.  This week took the cake.  75 minutes of a one-man advantage and we couldn't score.  I remember being up one-man on Arsenal and two goals up at the same time.  We lost. The only plus I see is that we are not bankrupt or closed down.  This may be one of the worst losses in so many ways.  If you think we are on a Championship level, this would shoot you down.  We are in fact a third tier team... with no killer instinct... and going downhill since we lost any decent finisher.  At least we are still playing... but for heaven's sake, play with some bloody passion.  We don't want a repeat of last season.

17Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:At least we are still playing... but for heaven's sake, play with some bloody passion.  We don't want a repeat of last season.

I agree they play without passion (Spearing aside to be fair), but my biggest worry right now is the complete lack of basic skills.

People seem to be defending the shiteness (it's a word) as a consequence of our slide down the leagues and into poverty. But that's bollocks, these are professional footballers who should be able to pass 5 yards to a colleague or shoot straight when presented with a chance to score. They can't.

The writing was on the wall against a pitiful Southend side, and it's got worse since then. Proctor, Chris Taylor, Buxton, Trotter - just bloody awful players who shouldn't be anywhere near our great club.

18Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 21:25

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
 Proctor, Chris Taylor, Buxton, Trotter - just bloody awful players who shouldn't be anywhere near our great club.
Thing is at this level we are not going to attract much better, Walsall where the smallest team I've seen and any decent side with a bit of width and a half decent centre forward who can win a ball in the air will destroy them.

We didn't look to take advantage of their weaknesses, so are you going to start having a go at Parkinson?

stop living in the past and realise our players are good enough at this level, it's about setting them up and getting the most from them, more often than not I think Parkinson will get it right, on Saturday he got it horribly wrong.

19Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 21:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Thing is at this level we are not going to attract much better, Walsall where the smallest team I've seen and any decent side with a bit of width and a half decent centre forward who can win a ball in the air will destroy them.

We didn't look to take advantage of their weaknesses, so are you going to start having a go at Parkinson?

stop living in the past and realise our players are good enough at this level, it's about setting them up and getting the most from them, more often than not I think Parkinson will get it right, on Saturday he got it horribly wrong.

Just because it's League 1 doesn't mean the players shouldn't be able to pass 5 yards to a white shirt or shoot straight. Those are the basics ANY professional footballer should have. Yet we keep signing shit players who aren't comfortable on the ball.

So far all I've seen from Parkinson is shocking signing after shocking signing. A couple more games like Walsall and the bedsheets will be out. And rightly so.

20Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Empty Re: Does Anyone Give a Shite Anymore? Sun Sep 18 2016, 21:51

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
So far all I've seen from Parkinson is shocking signing after shocking signing. A couple more games like Walsall and the bedsheets will be out. And rightly so.
Beevers, A. Taylor, Henry and Howard are all better than we had.

Anderson and Thorpe the jury is out on.

Buxton, C. Taylor and Ameobi look like not making the grade.

Introducing 4 or 5 new first team players whilst losing Mavies and Spearing will always upset a side at any level, I think we are still in a bedding in phase and we will only get better with time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum