Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Bradford City

+3
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the top of the table clash and coming up against his former team...
It was a hard fought game and was always going to be nip and tuck. There was a lot at stake for both teams as they are both up there and there were just over 4,000 Bradford fans. After myself and the rest of the staff being there it was always going to have an edge to it.

There wasn’t much given away from two hard working and determined teams. You always want to win but we’ll take the clean sheet today and build on that point.

When you have that amount of supporters behind the goal it will have an effect (on the Bradford players) but it was a hard fought game. Both (Josh) Vela and Liam Trotter missed training this week (virus). The determination of the lads, the way we stuck at it and gave everything was good to see. The clean sheet mentality is important as everybody knows as we go along through the season. We need to build on that point today.

On his team’s solid defensive display...
They had possession but apart from Marshall on the break I thought we handled them well. I was pleased with the resilience we showed. The ability to stand strong as a team is important and I felt we showed that today.

On the injuries that are affecting his options up front...
Zach had a problem late in the week with his glute and there was a concern with that. So he had a late fitness test and we put him on the bench. As we all know we are lacking options with Anderson, Madine and Clayton out and we desperately need those players back. Keshi will be available on Tuesday to give us that impetus to change a game.

On the effort from his players...
I thought the effort and determination from the lads was excellent today. I thought we stood strong. We are still building things gradually. I said earlier in the week that we are trying to put the pride back into wearing the Bolton shirt and I thought that was there today.

On facing neighbours Rochdale on Tuesday...
It’s a short turnaround for Rochdale on Tuesday. We have a few bumps and bruises and a few of them are feeling a bit under the weather. But they’ll get the right medication so there’s no excuse and we’ve got to make sure everybody’s right.

It’s a local derby and we’ve got to be ready for another game which will be similar to today’s. Bolton Wanderers are a big scalp in this division. We’ve seen that already when teams come here. They raise their game and Bradford certainly did that. 

On opposing teams raising their performance levels when they come to Macron Stadium...
I felt the first couple of home games we started slowly but today we started really quickly. We’re discussing that with the lads as we go along that teams will come along to this stadium and raise their game. We’ve got to be ready for that and I think we are getting better.

On Proctor’s hard-working performance...
I thought Proccy got better as the game went on. It was a big game for him because he was at Bradford last year. You can’t fault him for effort. He gave it absolutely everything and ran himself into the ground. While the other players around him were tiring, he got stronger and stronger.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parkinson wrote:
I thought Proccy got better as the game went on. It was a big game for him because he was at Bradford last year. You can’t fault him for effort. He gave it absolutely everything and ran himself into the ground. While the other players around him were tiring, he got stronger and stronger.

Just. Fuck. Off.

Dougie Mk II.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He said that Clough had trouble with his glute? What's one of them?
Have I got one?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:He said that Clough had trouble with his glute? What's one of them?
Have I got one?
Glutimus Maximus, it's a muscle in your arse.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Glutimus Maximus, it's a muscle in your arse.

He spent the night at KP's.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are right Nat and after the night's events, he now has to sit on a rubber doughnut ring! Twisted Evil

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Seriously though, how do you pull your arse?

I can see how running about could put a strain on your quads or hamstrings but what would you have to do to pull a muscle in your arse?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a ponce. What is the world coming to when a professional footballer can't take a night at KP's house without ending up on the bench with a rubber ring.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Seriously though, how do you pull your arse?

I can see how running about could put a strain on your quads or hamstrings but what would you have to do to pull a muscle in your arse?
 i always had the same problem when i played 5 a side  Very Happy

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What, you pulled your arse?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes the muscle at the very top of your leg attached to your arse, it was always going if i didn't do a proper warm up  Very Happy

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just out of interest, how do you warm your arse up?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Could you imagine John McGinlay going up to Rioch and saying " sorry boss canny play today I've got a bit of a sore arse" soft tw@ts these days.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

a good spanking normally does it, KP is an expert with a paddle i've heard

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]