Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Oxford United

+4
Norpig
whatsgoingon
sunlight
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On his side's performance...
We weren’t good enough. We’re very disappointed with the performance today. We lacked quality in terms of our final ball. 

I lost track the amount of times set pieces and crosses went into the goalkeeper’s hands. We didn’t produce a final bit of quality and without the ball we were too open. 

I feel that we’ve gone a team who, at the start of the season, accepted we had problems and set ourselves up to be strong and hard to beat, to bringing in that extra quality in on deadline day and going away from what we were all about during that period. 

We need to get back to that because when you’re not producing in the final third, you’ve got to make sure that there is a discipline and resilience about us without the ball. Both sides of that were lacking today.

On his side's recent loss of form...
We set ourselves up at the start of the season, whatever shape we played, to have a discipline about the way we played. 

Discipline can be five yards of hard work to get back into position to make sure the pitch isn’t massive when you lose the ball on the counter-attack or the switch of play. 

We want to be tight and compact when we don’t have the ball but we didn’t have that today. There was too much space on the pitch for my liking.

We’ve got to keep going and accept the criticism. It is warranted from the last two games as we have not been good enough. 

We need to get back to a resilient, hard-working, and hard to beat performance. When we’re not producing in the final third, we have to make sure that we are strong and not looking vulnerable. 

That’s what we were earlier in the season but we’ve recently gone away from that. We need to work towards that and we’ll need to certainly be like that next week against Swindon.

On the treble substitution...
We have to be careful regarding Gary and Zach because of their injuries, but the lads who came on did not have the impact that we needed them to. 

We lacked energy. I was looking for an impact and it didn’t come. That can be the difference in which team wins and loses a game.

On Gary Madine and Zach Clough...
It’s good to see Gary and Zach back. I thought they did well to be fair to them and they’ve come through the game unscathed, which is good.

On team selection for Tuesday's clash with Blackpool...
When you lose, it’s always good to have a game. Other players will get opportunities on Tuesday. We’ll be thinking long and hard about our team selection for that game.

And a final word on the defeat to Oxford...
I think there is a lot of soul-searching to be done, certainly from myself. The supporters and the Chairman have been brilliant to me since I came in. 

I am in charge of the team and I feel I have let a lot of people down with that performance. I don’t think it was good enough. We need to find a way of playing and get a shape and a discipline about us that is better than it was today. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The results to Boltons next four matches have been leaked online and its not looking good.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

sunlight wrote:The results to Boltons next four matches have been leaked online and its not looking good.
By Sam Allardyce?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there will be a lot of Bolton nil involved i'm guessing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are going to have to dust ourselves down for the umpteenth time, it's not looking positive.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:The results to Boltons next four matches have been leaked online and its not looking good.

I can't believe Bury win their next three games!!

#wikileaks

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who really cares what his thoughts are?
What matters is what he can do to improve them next time out

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

whatsgoingon wrote:
By Sam Allardyce?

Haha Yes

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:

I can't believe Bury win their next three games!!

#wikileaks

Aye. Im looking forward to the 24th going to be a good game. Im an optimist.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Discipline, resilience, hard to beat" are themes that keep cropping up in parky' interviews and it says something about his ethos and playing style. I'm not knocking it because they are good characteristics for a team to have, but I sometimes wonder if he doesn't value creativity and finishing ability so much? He seldom if ever mentions quality or firepower in interviews and yet those are the things we are lacking the most I reckon.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:"Discipline, resilience, hard to beat" are themes that keep cropping up in parky' interviews and it says something about his ethos and playing style. I'm not knocking it because they are good characteristics for a team to have, but I sometimes wonder if he doesn't value creativity and finishing ability so much? He seldom if ever mentions quality or firepower in interviews and yet those are the things we are lacking the most I reckon.

He mentions no quality with the final ball in his first sentence .......

But anyway it doesn't matter what he says ....we don't have players with quality or firepower. If we did somebody would come along and steal them of us. So what is Phil to do?  keep us in the top half until the next window then get some more bodies in?  we remain skint and still have the embargo. 
Remaining in League One and getting our financials straight is probably the best we can hope for this season. IMO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum