Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83

Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Fri Oct 07 2016, 10:23

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
just ordered my ticket for the game at Bury, anyone else going or are you all staying in your armchairs?  Very Happy
This will be my first away game for a long while but i couldn't resist this one

Let's hope our form picks up a bit before then, not sure i could take a drubbing off the mighty Bury live on TV

doffcocker

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I intend to go, the atmosphere should be brilliant and TV won't do it justice.

Obviously it's a shame that we're shit and will lose.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:I intend to go, the atmosphere should be brilliant and TV won't do it justice.

Obviously it's a shame that we're shit and will lose.

Why would you pay money to watch a game you know we will lose?

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
it's called being a supporter Nat, you should try it sometime

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:it's called being a supporter Nat, you should try it sometime

I am a supporter, but I don't go to any game knowing we will lose.

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
You can't have gone to many games last season then

sunlight

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
I still think that there are undiscovered stages of grief that I have gone through since we were in the Prem. Of course relegation from the  Prem isnt an undiscovered one, and there have been many small mental breakdowns on the way to now, including, of course little ones such as losses against teams like Rochdale, but some have been cast off and forgotten, and some remain undiscovered where a mini break down hasnt been noticed. However for Bury I shall be stocking up on chocolate and other nice things in case of a you know what result.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
sunlight wrote: However for Bury I shall be stocking up on chocolate and other nice things in case of a you know what result.

Will Scott be plaiting your hair?

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Given that we are recently back from the dead, we shouldn't expect to win any games let alone specific games, but I think we all hope that somehow Parky will stumble on a system and selection from the dross we have that suddenly clicks. 
Maybe it will happen in this game? Or more likely not. That's the difference between hope and expectation I guess.

10 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Fri Oct 07 2016, 17:14

sunlight

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
Natasha Whittam wrote:
sunlight wrote: However for Bury I shall be stocking up on chocolate and other nice things in case of a you know what result.

Will Scott be plaiting your hair?

Now you say it, I was thinking of getting a bob, but unsure of cropped bangs and rounded edges or, most likely long at the front and tapers to the back. What you say about a hairdo straight after the match is a very good idea, effiicacious and mood-lifter.

11 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Fri Oct 07 2016, 17:26

scottjames30

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think Bury will waste us, it's their cup final and their message board is on fire, compared to our weak minded soft supporters.

12 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Mon Oct 10 2016, 09:58

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Biggest difference between us and Bury in terms of the team at the moment is they have strikers who look like they'll hit the net.
Vaughan particularly is a good finisher and from memory usually scores against us.

13 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Mon Oct 10 2016, 21:13

Fabians Right Peg

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Hopefully the players will realise what this game means and put in a performance worthy of the away followings they have had this year.

14 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Mon Oct 10 2016, 21:22

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Hopefully the players will realise what this game means

They won't. They don't give a shite about derby games anymore.

15 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Tue Oct 11 2016, 09:15

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Hopefully the players will realise what this game means and put in a performance worthy of the away followings they have had this year.
When you see statements like this it just depresses you even more at how far we've fallen. "What this game means" used to apply to Utd or City now it's fucking Bury and Rochdale.

16 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Tue Oct 11 2016, 21:56

Fabians Right Peg

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
whatsgoingon wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Hopefully the players will realise what this game means and put in a performance worthy of the away followings they have had this year.
When you see statements like this it just depresses you even more at how far we've fallen. "What this game means" used to apply to Utd or City now it's fucking Bury and Rochdale.

It doesn't matter what the league or who the opposition is, I would pay double the price of my season ticket for a performance that shows passion and pride in playing for Bolton. I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I was convinced that eleven players had given their all for the club.

17 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Wed Oct 12 2016, 09:01

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

It doesn't matter what the league or who the opposition is, I would pay double the price of my season ticket for a performance that shows passion and pride in playing for Bolton. I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I was convinced that eleven players had given their all for the club.
You're right and that is exactly why we are where we are

18 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Wed Oct 12 2016, 11:15

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Obviously the players are to blame for that, but the manager must take his share. We've had a procession of bellend managers who seem to think praising these wankers is the way to get the best out of them. Has it worked? Has it fuck.

Instead of sucking up to these fuckwits, when they don't give 100% fucking well tell them so. In public.

19 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Thu Oct 20 2016, 17:26

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bolton have now sold out all their allocation for this game!

20 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Thu Oct 20 2016, 17:44

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Apparently, tickets are still available in the home end and they arent checking ids

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

21 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Fri Oct 21 2016, 09:18

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
y2j 3.0 wrote:Apparently, tickets are still available in the home end and they arent checking ids
I read that and it sounds like a recipe for disaster,

22 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sat Oct 22 2016, 17:16

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Down to 4th after Sheff U's draw with Bradford but that's the best result we could have hoped for I guess. Scunny extended their lead but we could get back in touch with an away win on Monday so I'm really hopeful we can turn in a performance to take the points.

23 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sat Oct 22 2016, 17:18

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Down to 4th after Sheff U's draw with Bradford but that's the best result we could have hoped for I guess. Scunny extended their lead but we could get back in touch with an away win on Monday so I'm really hopeful we can turn in a performance to take the points.

This is bolton we are talking about, we never take advantage, we'll lose this game unfortunately

24 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sat Oct 22 2016, 17:32

NickFazer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Should be good on Monday, after winning 4 on the bounce we should be confident of getting all 3 points, don't understand all the negativity.

25 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sun Oct 23 2016, 10:57

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Last 5 league meetings between both teams:

Bury 2-1 Bolton (Season 98/99)
Bolton 4-0 Bury (Season 98/99)
Bury 3-4 Bolton (Season 28/29)
Bolton 0-1 Bury (Season 28/29)
Bolton 2-1 Bury (Season 27/28)

26 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sun Oct 23 2016, 11:01

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Golden Goals v Bury:

60 Second Press Conference:

27 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sun Oct 23 2016, 11:02

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Geoff Eltringham to oversee Bury clash

Geoff Eltringham will officiate of Wanderers’ trip to local rivals Bury this coming Monday evening.

An experienced Football League official, the County Durham-based referee ran the rule over his first Football League game back in August 2009 - a 2-2 draw between Morecambe and Hereford in League Two.

His most recent Bolton game meanwhile came back in April of this year when Reading took all three points from Macron Stadium courtesy of a 1-0 win in the Sky Bet Championship.

Mr Eltringham has overseen 12 games so far this season, dishing out 36 yellow cards and just two red cards.

Billy Smallwood and Steven Meredith will run the line, while Darren Bond is the fourth official.

Source

28 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sun Oct 23 2016, 21:34

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Mrs Pig doesn't want me to go now, she's worried i'll be set upon by Bury hooligans  Very Happy

I am planning on walking to the ground from the tram stop in Bury so you never know i suppose

29 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sun Oct 23 2016, 21:38

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Mrs Pig doesn't want me to go now, she's worried i'll be set upon by Bury hooligans  Very Happy

I am planning on walking to the ground from the tram stop in Bury so you never know i suppose
How will they know who you support unless you go with a Bolton scarf and football shirt? Very Happy

30 Re: Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83 on Sun Oct 23 2016, 21:41

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Mrs Pig doesn't want me to go now, she's worried i'll be set upon by Bury hooligans  Very Happy

Wear your city shirt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum