Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EFL Trophy - Cheltnham 1-0 Bolton - Report Post #21

+6
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone excited for this game? Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Nov 09 2016, 10:06; edited 2 times in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Anyone excited for this game? Very Happy

Yes indeed. If we win this one we qualify for the next round. Official travel club sending two coaches from the Macron with a 2.30pm departure. Transport is £19 return for anyone who fancies it. They originally only had one coach going but due to higher demand they are putting on a second coach. It's a new ground for me so I'm looking forward to it.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mixed feelings on this, I want to continue the good form and would love another confidence boosting clean sheet but by the same token would love to go out and bin the competition off.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm going. Its my local team, and only 15 minutes away !
I'm dragging both daughters along, and one Son-in-law. (I thought I might be lonely Very Happy)

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote: (I thought I might be lonely Very Happy)
Looking at some of the crowds in the competition so far that was a shrewd move,

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When they played the Everton under 23's, there were only 1000 attending, so I'm not expecting too many problems parking.  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again, anyone attending this game is not helping BWFC and other lower league clubs.

The clubs don't want the competition (as it is), the players don't, and neither do the fans. If no one turned up it would be scrapped.

Stop being selfish, and join the real fans on Breadman's sofa.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bollocks Nat. 
I'm going so the lads know there is support outside the teeming metropolis known as the Macron.
Some years ago When I lived just outside Stoke, my mate and I went to a midweek game at Port Vale (think it was the reserves), and there were only a handful of us to see them. At the end of the game 3 or 4 of the players came over and applauded, so they do notice when no bugger is there.
Its likely we'll get half the first team playing, if were lucky, but no matter who is out, they'll still need the support.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Bollocks Nat. 
I'm going so the lads know there is support outside the teeming metropolis known as the Macron.
Some years ago When I lived just outside Stoke, my mate and I went to a midweek game at Port Vale (think it was the reserves), and there were only a handful of us to see them. At the end of the game 3 or 4 of the players came over and applauded, so they do notice when no bugger is there.
Its likely we'll get half the first team playing, if were lucky, but no matter who is out, they'll still need the support.
I would guess that the players are more against this competition than anyone to be fair Glos, it is a bit of a double edged sword because sure they like support but the campaign to get the competition thrown out benefits the players more than anyone.
It must be humiliating to have to play a load of upstart kids who have no fear and nothing to lose for seasoned pros, just so the PL clubs can test them out.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Bollocks Nat. 

You're kidding yourself. If you think the players give a shite about you or any other fan you are a bigger bellend than I thought.

When they look into the crowd they just see a load of £50 notes.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

So young, so cynical  :facepalm:

Anyway, you may be right, but I'll never see it as a bad thing if I can get to see them playing.

WGO, quite possibly, but on the other side, we get to put our up and coming players out against a team that will probably put their first team out, so the experience is necessary.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Again, anyone attending this game is not helping BWFC and other lower league clubs.

The clubs don't want the competition (as it is), the players don't, and neither do the fans. If no one turned up it would be scrapped.

Stop being selfish, and join the real fans on Breadman's sofa.
 bagsy the reclining bit  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Kevin Friend to oversee Cheltenham Town cup clash

Kevin Friend will oversee Wanderers’ final Checkatrade Trophy group game away at Cheltenham Town on Tuesday night.

An established Premier League official, the Leicestershire based referee has run the run over 12 Whites matches in the past with the most recent being last month's 1-0 victory over Blackpool earlier in the competition.

Mr Friend has taken charge of nine games so far this season, dishing out 40 yellow cards but no red cards.

Sian Massey-Ellis and Andrew Fox will run the line while Dean Treleaven is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Cheltenham Town v Bolton Wanderers

First ever meeting with Cheltenham Town
Tuesday night's Checkatrade Trophy clash with Cheltenham Town marks Wanderers' first ever meeting with the Robins.

With official [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] still on sale for the trip and tickets only available on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], why not make the journey to Whaddon Road and witness Whites history? 

2. Ben Alnwick will start
Manager Phil Parkinson confirmed in his pre-match press conference that Ben Alnwick is set to start Tuesday's game with Mark Howard currently suffering from a dead leg.

The shot-stopper was handed his Bolton debut against Blackpool earlier in the competition and will be looking to impress if handed his second outing for the Club.

3. Squad rotation
It's not just in goal where the Trotters could make changes on Tuesday, with the gaffer also confirming he is hoping to rotate his side with a number of players in need of minutes.

Keshi Anderson is one player who could be handed a recalll after impressing off the substututes' bench against Grimsby Town, while Lewis Buxton, Max Clayton and Dean Moxey could also feature as they look to make their returns from injury.

4. The winning run
Wanderers come into their latest outing having won all of their last seven matches.

The last time they won eight in a row came back in 1990.

With everyone at Macron Stadium determined to keep the run going for as long as possible, don't expect the Whites to take proceedings at Whaddon Road lightly.

5. Bolton have to win
If Bolton are to progress to the knockout stages of the Checkatrade Trophy, they have to win against Cheltenham Town - either in 90 minutes or courtesy of a bonus point penalty shootout victory.

All four sides in Group A currently boast three points after two outings, with goal difference alone separating them.

The Trotters currently sit bottom of the group as a result, meaning a solitary point is not enough to progress.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well,that was two hours wasted. I'd have had more fun with KP's curtain pole.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky out!

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg