Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Steve Parkin Thought - Port Vale

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Steve Parkin Thought - Port Vale Empty What Steve Parkin Thought - Port Vale Sat Oct 29 2016, 20:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Assistant manager Steve Parkin reflected on a terrific display by Wanderers against Port Vale at Macron Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

First half goals from Zach Clough, Josh Vela and Lawrie Wilson put the Whites in a commandeering position, with Sam Hart's goal for the Valiants proving to be scant consolation.

And following the final whistle at BL6, Parkin covered the following points...

On making it six wins on the spin……
I think a performance like this has been coming for a while. We’ve been playing really well and thought that it was only a matter of time before we could score a few goals. We're delighted with the attacking football on display.

We got the three very quickly and then couldn’t quite add to them, but the performance was full of quality, high intensity and really mirrors the week's training efforts.

On the performance of Sammy Ameobi…
The lad is a talent - I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. We think he needed a solid run in the team and now we’ve given him that, he’s performing very well. 

He’s got a superb touch, he’s working very hard on his fitness levels and it must be very difficult to mark him when he’s playing that way.

On conceding after a run of clean sheets...
It was a kick in the teeth. We’ve worked really hard on keeping clean sheets and its imperative for any future success that the team can do that on a regular basis. 

Whilst it’s disappointing to concede, it’s how the players react to it and they saw the game through so we’ll have to go again next time.

On the late change due to Jay Spearing's withdrawal...
Jay has just had a slight groin strain, but Trotts has come in alongside Derek and was fantastic for us. He’s looked confident in training and we had no doubts that he would be able to slot in perfectly.

It’s about the squad. We are going to pick injuries up over the course of the season and it’s important for us that the whole squad is looking good. 

And finally, on being three points behind top spot….
I think with the start that we had we were always maybe going to have a little blip, but I think the key thing is the high expectation levels from within.

I think the fans are right behind us and the lads have really bonded together. There’s a good spirit, team-ethic and training levels have been through the roof.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum