You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Latest statement from the ST

Latest statement from the ST

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Latest statement from the ST on Tue Nov 01 2016, 08:50

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Just got this by email, no i am not happy to continue paying a tenner every year and quite frankly i'm amazed anyone would want to continue paying them

Membership Fees Statement


We have had feedback from a number of members regarding the waiving of the annual subscription fee.  Some of you have been quite surprised by this announcement and have told us that you are more than happy to pay the £10 annual fee.  This is great news and we wish to emphasise that those of you who choose to carry on supporting the Trust in this way are more than welcome to do so and we would be delighted for you to continue with your payment.  Any donations of this nature will be gratefully received and help with the work that we do, however, we just wanted to give members the option either way.  As we outlined at the AGM, the funds raised from events and sponsorship have put us in a good position financially but our key objective is to increase membership numbers as much as possible to strengthen the voice of supporters and we hope that this initiative assists us in growing the Trust and furthering its aims.
 
Should you wish to discuss this further please do get in touch as we welcome your feedback.

2 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Tue Nov 01 2016, 09:39

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Ha, Ha, Ha!

And these peoples agenda is to one day own the club!

Seems to me that they took the decision to waive future membership fees because they knew no one would bother renewing next year - as quite frankly they have achieved absolutely nothing relevant to their reason for being - and they would be left with a very small fraction of the members they had and therefore no remit of representing the fans as they claim to be.  

Now it looks as though they've overlooked something important - maybe in their constitution they have to have paid membership for voting rights or something like that - and are now having to dig themselves out of yet another hole of their making (one of many!).

Do people honestly think Anderson would ever let this set of self obsessed buffoons anywhere near the club?

I don't!

3 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Tue Nov 01 2016, 10:01

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy wrote:Ha, Ha, Ha!

Seriously, this is how you're coming across with all this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Tue Nov 01 2016, 21:56

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm off my sick bed again Sluffy. Are you calling me a buffoon?

5 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Tue Nov 01 2016, 22:19

Guest


Guest
Sluffy wrote:Ha, Ha, Ha!

And these peoples agenda is to one day own the club!

Seems to me that they took the decision to waive future membership fees because they knew no one would bother renewing next year - as quite frankly they have achieved absolutely nothing relevant to their reason for being - and they would be left with a very small fraction of the members they had and therefore no remit of representing the fans as they claim to be.  

Now it looks as though they've overlooked something important - maybe in their constitution they have to have paid membership for voting rights or something like that - and are now having to dig themselves out of yet another hole of their making (one of many!).

It looks like they took the (correct) decision, not to charge members to renew on the basis of maintaining the numbers which would have otherwise dwindled through lack of interest. So the first part of your theory is about right.

The rest is absolute nonsense, which part of their constitution are you referring to? Yet again when discussing the ST you favour a vague conspiracy of your own creation than the more likely reason of them being amateurs working this out as they go along.

6 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 06:51

King Bill

avatar
David Lee
David Lee
Sluffy wrote:Ha, Ha, Ha!

And these peoples agenda is to one day own the club!

Seems to me that they took the decision to waive future membership fees because they knew no one would bother renewing next year - as quite frankly they have achieved absolutely nothing relevant to their reason for being - and they would be left with a very small fraction of the members they had and therefore no remit of representing the fans as they claim to be.  

Now it looks as though they've overlooked something important - maybe in their constitution they have to have paid membership for voting rights or something like that - and are now having to dig themselves out of yet another hole of their making (one of many!).

Do people honestly think Anderson would ever let this set of self obsessed buffoons anywhere near the club?

I don't!
Your reaction to every ST development is akin to someone poking a old fat bear with a stick.

Your post contains nothing more than self obsessed guesswork and ramblings that are neither relevant nor coherent.

7 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 07:44

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He's not obsessed with Mike Smith, though.

Definitely...

8 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 08:50

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
i kind of knew this thread would go this way but i posted it as i am increasingly annoyed at the state of the ST. It is completely irrelevant now and is going down the same path as the BWSA.

9 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 09:49

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
It shows me what a Mickey Mouse outfit they are. Their decision-making process is completely askew.
They try to buy the club, with no money. whilst insulting the owners, and putting them completely offside. They query the legality of just about everything, and rush ahead with a members system that obviously isn't fit for purpose. All of a sudden they have money, so they don't need membership fees, however, if you want to pay, contact them. Eh ????
Apart from the revenue, fees are one of the empowering factors for  members to have a say in the running of the organisation. If there is a mass disagreement with the members, the ST can quite easily ignore it, as members have not financially contributed in any way. I don't recall ever having been a member of a club or society where membership fees were no longer required.
I think its wrong to attack Sluffy on this issue. We know he's taking it very personally, but that doesn't mean his points are invalid.

10 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 09:52

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
As far as I am aware, the BWSA is still a valid entity, with between 2000 and 3000 members. It has a low profile, mainly because they were concerned that they would be subsumed into the ST. They still have their meetings, etc., so maybe we should look in their direction when it comes to a proper supporters club.

11 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 10:22

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
gloswhite wrote:It shows me what a Mickey Mouse outfit they are. Their decision-making process is completely askew.
They try to buy the club, with no money. whilst insulting the owners, and putting them completely offside. They query the legality of just about everything, and rush ahead with a members system that obviously isn't fit for purpose. All of a sudden they have money, so they don't need membership fees, however, if you want to pay, contact them. Eh ????
Apart from the revenue, fees are one of the empowering factors for  members to have a say in the running of the organisation. If there is a mass disagreement with the members, the ST can quite easily ignore it, as members have not financially contributed in any way. I don't recall ever having been a member of a club or society where membership fees were no longer required.
I think its wrong to attack Sluffy on this issue. We know he's taking it very personally, but that doesn't mean his points are invalid.

Thanks Glos.

I do not take the ST or any of its founders or members, personal in anyway.

Don't believe Breads never ending diatribe to that effect as it is part of his personal agenda over how I've handled his internet vendetta with Scott/Boggers.

I guess this goes to prove a point that if you say something long enough then people become to believe it to be true - even though it is not.

Indeed look at his two posts above on this thread alone!

In fact I have deliberately not commented on the ST for several months now, in an attempt to let this matter drop.  

Clearly though others can't or won't!

Rolling Eyes

12 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 10:28

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
gloswhite wrote:As far as I am aware, the BWSA is still a valid entity, with between 2000 and 3000 members. It has a low profile, mainly because they were concerned that they would be subsumed into the ST. They still have their meetings, etc., so maybe we should look in their direction when it comes to a proper supporters club.
The BWSA is what it always has been and was meant to be, a club where like minded supporters can support Bolton as an entity and do things to try and help the club. 
They were never meant as a trust in terms of having board members and a say in running the club which is why the trust was set up and the BWSA didn't just morph into it.
The BWSA probably has a higher standing with the club than the trust at present because they are fully supportive of the club unconditionally.
Whereas the trust has completely gone about just about everything they have done completely cack handedly and alienated the very people they are supposedly there to support.
Once the debacle of the preferred bidder thing was gone they should then have been looking to build a relationship with the club,if that had happened rather than sniping and taking very public potshots at it they may have been in a position to ask questions about the running of the club.
As it stands Ken Anderson has been both visible and open with the fans by going on BBC Manchester for the interview and answering the questions the fans want answering.
I don't know if it is a deliberate thing but by having the relationship directly with the fans (it will be interesting to see the Q&A later this month) and openly discussing things related to the club this actually marginalises the BWFCST even more.

13 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 10:37

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Personally i think the ST should be seen as a pressure group if needed when things aren't going to plan, they need to be able to ask serious questions regarding finances and future plans for the club. 

There has to be a certain amount of distance between KA and the ST but not so much that sensible dialogue can't be achieved between the two parties when needed, i suppose that must be a tough balancing act for both sides though

The problem for the ST now is that KA has been very open about what is going on and the ST are struggling to find a place and a reason to carry on as they are.

14 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 11:00

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy wrote:
gloswhite wrote:It shows me what a Mickey Mouse outfit they are. Their decision-making process is completely askew.
They try to buy the club, with no money. whilst insulting the owners, and putting them completely offside. They query the legality of just about everything, and rush ahead with a members system that obviously isn't fit for purpose. All of a sudden they have money, so they don't need membership fees, however, if you want to pay, contact them. Eh ????
Apart from the revenue, fees are one of the empowering factors for  members to have a say in the running of the organisation. If there is a mass disagreement with the members, the ST can quite easily ignore it, as members have not financially contributed in any way. I don't recall ever having been a member of a club or society where membership fees were no longer required.
I think its wrong to attack Sluffy on this issue. We know he's taking it very personally, but that doesn't mean his points are invalid.

Thanks Glos.

I do not take the ST or any of its founders or members, personal in anyway.

Don't believe Breads never ending diatribe to that effect as it is part of his personal agenda over how I've handled his internet vendetta with Scott/Boggers.

I guess this goes to prove a point that if you say something long enough then people become to believe it to be true - even though it is not.

Indeed look at his two posts above on this thread alone!


Or perhaps it's just that they can read......?

15 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 11:55

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
While it can probably be agreed that Sluffy's opinions on the ST could be seen to be extreme most of them have a basis in terms of how not only have they performed but also how they have conducted themselves and can be interpreted as support for the club.
However your reaction to his posts on the ST have no interpretation other than an attack on an individual and appear every bit as agenda driven and personal as you are accusing him of being.

16 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 12:01

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The only reason I am pulling him on this is the fact that he's the first one on here to start banging on about how everybody should be grown up enough not to take "petty" things seriously.

His patronising lectures are beyond the pale and demonstrate a monumental lack of self-awareness which is deserving of ridicule.

It's fine for him to cobble together half-baked conspiracy theories about his nemesis' vanity project and espouse said tripe on here but if any of us get into it with each other, we are told to grow up and let it go.

It's the double standards that get on my tits.

And hence why I'm taking the piss.

(And anyway, it clearly doesn't bother him because "it's only the internet" and he's far too mature and aloof to take anything said on the internet" seriously.....apparently.)

17 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 12:26

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I was about to post on this subject last night,having had no confirmation from Sluffy as to whether or not he considered me a buffoon,but, after reviewing my post,I decided to delete it,because,quite frankly,it was pretty vile,and abusive,and something I really didn't want to disfigure the forum with.
I won't,from this moment on,be discussing the ST at all.
I'm a member of the BWSA too,but I'm unaware of their present buffoonery rating.

18 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 13:47

Guest


Guest
Sluffy wrote:
gloswhite wrote:It shows me what a Mickey Mouse outfit they are. Their decision-making process is completely askew.
They try to buy the club, with no money. whilst insulting the owners, and putting them completely offside. They query the legality of just about everything, and rush ahead with a members system that obviously isn't fit for purpose. All of a sudden they have money, so they don't need membership fees, however, if you want to pay, contact them. Eh ????
Apart from the revenue, fees are one of the empowering factors for  members to have a say in the running of the organisation. If there is a mass disagreement with the members, the ST can quite easily ignore it, as members have not financially contributed in any way. I don't recall ever having been a member of a club or society where membership fees were no longer required.
I think its wrong to attack Sluffy on this issue. We know he's taking it very personally, but that doesn't mean his points are invalid.

Thanks Glos.

I do not take the ST or any of its founders or members, personal in anyway.

Don't believe Breads never ending diatribe to that effect as it is part of his personal agenda over how I've handled his internet vendetta with Scott/Boggers.

I guess this goes to prove a point that if you say something long enough then people become to believe it to be true - even though it is not.

Indeed look at his two posts above on this thread alone!

In fact I have deliberately not commented on the ST for several months now, in an attempt to let this matter drop.  

Clearly though others can't or won't!

Rolling Eyes

The issue i have is that you consistently try and create cynical reason for the decisions the ST takes with no evidence at all to back up your theories, then when questioned on them deflect away from the topic with claims of agendas.

19 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 21:01

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have been  a member of the BWSA for a number of years now. I have found them to be a decent bunch of lads and lasses who share a mutual interest in Wanderers. None of them have delusions of grandeur or plans to take over the club so I'm sticking with them. I was always suspicious of the ST and nothing that has happened since their formation has convinced me otherwise.



Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Wed Nov 02 2016, 22:25; edited 1 time in total

20 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Wed Nov 02 2016, 21:14

King Bill

avatar
David Lee
David Lee
I'm not a member of the BWSA. 

Just wondered, what was the general feeling in the BWSA just prior to when the ST formed and the club was at deaths door ?

Was there any attempt to have consultations with the club or questions submitted of how worried the fans were that the club could disappear ?

Genuine question.

21 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:06

King Bill

avatar
David Lee
David Lee
King Bill wrote:I'm not a member of the BWSA. 

Just wondered, what was the general feeling in the BWSA just prior to when the ST formed and the club was at deaths door ?

Was there any attempt to have consultations with the club or questions submitted of how worried the fans were that the club could disappear ?

Genuine question.

Anyone ?

22 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You'll be lucky to get a genuine answer seeing as most people on this site haven't been to a game since 1995, and probably think the BWSA is some sort of disease.

23 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:45

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm making no further comment about the ST,but thought you might be interested in their latest communication.





UPDATE FROM THE BWFCST BOARD



The BWFCST board would like to update members on the following important issues:
 
Contact with the Club Board
 
In our emailed update to members on 22 October 2016, we gave details of our letter to Ken Anderson dated 21 October 2016. The letter contained two questions to the BWFC Board regarding continuing delays in filing the year end 30 June 2015 accounts and the availability of funds to allow the club to trade solvently for the remainder of this season.
 
To date, we have not received any information from the BWFC Board with regards to the above. Additionally, we have been advised in an email received from Mr Anderson on 25 October 2016, that he now “see(s) no reason to give the Trust priority access to sensitive information in advance of our considerable number of supporter shareholders and the Supporters Association.”  
 
Despite the change in stance from Mr Anderson regarding an early meeting with the Trust, we will continue to press for clarification, on behalf of our members, on the questions asked of the BWFC Board.
 
Contact with the EFL
 
We would also confirm that we have, as noted in our last letter to Mr Anderson, contacted the EFL again to reschedule a meeting with them that we deferred from June ’16. A copy of this letter to the EFL, dated 25 October ’16, can be viewed by clicking on the link below:
 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 
Stability and Sustainability
 
Whilst the efforts of the team, the manager and his backroom staff are very encouraging, to enable this progress to be maintained we feel that long term stability is essential. In line with the BWFCST members mandate given via the recent survey, we will continue to press for clarification from the Club on the important questions raised at the AGM and in line with the recent members survey.

 


24 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Nov 04 2016, 08:43

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
the ST have well and truly pissed on their chips now haven't they? May as well pack up now lads and give me back my tenner  Rolling Eyes

25 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Nov 04 2016, 08:52

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Just how stupid can they be ?

26 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Nov 04 2016, 09:54

King Bill

avatar
David Lee
David Lee
King Bill wrote:I'm not a member of the BWSA. 

Just wondered, what was the general feeling in the BWSA just prior to when the ST formed and the club was at deaths door ?

Was there any attempt to have consultations with the club or questions submitted of how worried the fans were that the club could disappear ?

Genuine question.

Try one final time

27 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Nov 04 2016, 09:58

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
You can't blame Ken Anderson for taking this stance, the ST as has been stated by many people myself included went about this like a bull in a china shop and they only possible outcome is they were going to alienate the board and marginalise themselves.
This is what has happened and why and they have now become a foot stamping irrelevance, Ken Anderson is addressing the fans directly on November 23rd and my guess is there will be good news coming out of that because it seems strange to organise something like that if there isn't something significant to report, hopefully accounts filed and embargo lifted.
Meanwhile the ST will fade away to obscurity.

28 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Nov 04 2016, 10:43

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
King Bill wrote:
King Bill wrote:I'm not a member of the BWSA. 

Just wondered, what was the general feeling in the BWSA just prior to when the ST formed and the club was at deaths door ?

Was there any attempt to have consultations with the club or questions submitted of how worried the fans were that the club could disappear ?

Genuine question.

Try one final time
i think Boncey and RT are members of BWSA, they might know?

29 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Nov 04 2016, 11:20

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
KB, I spoke to some active member of BWSA recently, and they don't hold the ST in very high esteem at all. They didn't like the personalities who were vying for seats, etc, within the Trust. They couldn't understand how or why the the Trust was listened to as much as it was, considering the way it was going about things, how they were attacking the club, and what they had attained, (nil). Since then, it would seem the Trust is happily digging the hole ever deeper, and their voice, and influence, is diminishing as they go down

30 Re: Latest statement from the ST on Fri Nov 04 2016, 12:41

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:
King Bill wrote:
King Bill wrote:I'm not a member of the BWSA. 

Just wondered, what was the general feeling in the BWSA just prior to when the ST formed and the club was at deaths door ?

Was there any attempt to have consultations with the club or questions submitted of how worried the fans were that the club could disappear ?

Genuine question.

Try one final time
i think Boncey and RT are members of BWSA, they might know?
The BWSA were never going to get into anything political. They are what they are.

The Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association (BWSA) is the OFFICIAL supporters group for Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

You can find out more about the history of the BWSA by clicking ‘About the BWSA’ in the header at the top of each page.

The committee of the BWSA aim to bring members and non-members together in the form of meet the player evenings at the football stadium or other social events held at various venues in the local area.

With the recent formation of the BWFC Supporters Trust, the BWSA intend to continue to host social events throughout the year and, in line with our constitution, act in the interests of supporters of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

If you want to meet fellow supporters, players, managers, backroom staff and people generally connected to the world of football in a relaxed and friendly environment then membership to the BWSA is money well spent.

There may be many opportunities to see your favourite player arriving at the stadium or training ground but not many opportunities to speak to them on a one-to-one basis.

In 'Happy Days' terms,the BWSA are Big Al Delvecchio,and the ST are The Fonz.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum