Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peterborough Utd 1-0 Bolton - Report Post #47

+14
Fabians Right Peg
King Bill
Bread2.0
rammywhite
Norpig
observer
NickFazer
whatsgoingon
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
wanderlust
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

will be driving down tomorrow, early start but should be a good game and hopefully worth it.

Fabians Right Peg wrote:will be driving down tomorrow, early start but should be a good game and hopefully worth it.
I was down wisbech last week.  Not sure which way you are going but id recommend the m62 then the a1 down to the a47.

My sat nav tried to bring me off about 30 miles before the a47 turn off for some reason and to take all the country lanes.  Luckily i ignored it.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2j 3.0 wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:will be driving down tomorrow, early start but should be a good game and hopefully worth it.
I was down wisbech last week.  Not sure which way you are going but id recommend the m62 then the a1 down to the a47.

My sat nav tried to bring me off about 30 miles before the a47 turn off for some reason and to take all the country lanes.  Luckily i ignored it.
Was going to rely on sat nav so will keep that in mind :good:

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
y2j 3.0 wrote:

Was going to rely on sat nav so will keep that in mind :good:
No probs.  Dont use the m6 either.  As tempting as the toll road its a nightmare.  And woodhead and snake pass are the same.  Get stuck behind a lorry or a "sunday driver" it will add an hour onto your journey.

Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now available!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

33 Howard
32 Thorpe
5 Beevers
31 Wheater
20 A Taylor
23 Wilson
6 Vela
17 Trotter
22 Ameobi
14 Madine
10 Clough

I'm amazed he's left Derek out.

Parky out.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What's the team today?

Anybody know?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:33 Howard
32 Thorpe
5 Beevers
31 Wheater
20 A Taylor
23 Wilson
6 Vela
17 Trotter
22 Ameobi
14 Madine
10 Clough

I'm amazed he's left Derek out.

Parky out.

I agree with you- don't understand that choice!

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This is awful. Can anyone actually pass a ball.  Be amazed if we even have a shot.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The right result. Shite is too good a description of them today. Clueless tossers.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could have taken a defeat if we'd at least put in a performance.
That was just embarrassing.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That Chris Taylor should never ever be seen in a white shirt again, he offers absolutely nothing.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going to take a shower,change into my pyjamas,and jump up and down on the bed for a while.
Always calms me down.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

At least you've got a plan Bonce, more than that shower of shite did.  Crying or Very sad

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm going to take a shower,change into my pyjamas,and jump up and down on the bed for a while.
Always calms me down.
God no!

The mental pictures, aargh...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Peterborough United 1-0 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Wanderers slipped to a narrow defeat at the hands of Peterborough United at the ABAX Stadium on Sunday lunchtime.

Following a tame start to proceedings, the deadlock was broken just before the half hour mark through Michael Smith’s thunderous volley from 25 yards.

The Whites pressed for an equaliser thereafter, but just couldn't break through United's rearguard as the home side held out for the victory.

TEAM NEWS

Tom Thorpe returned to Wanderers’ starting XI following his recent lay-off with injury, while Mark Howard also came back into the fray between the sticks after missing Tuesday’s trip to Cheltenham with a dead leg.

FIRST HALF

With sunshine bathing the ABAX Stadium, the game got underway and it was the hosts who were enjoying the better of the opening stages with Wanderers needing to be on their guard in the first few minutes.

A succession of Peterborough corners ensued, but Howard and his backline stood firm and cleared their lines with relative ease.

The Bolton goalkeeper however saw his afternoon end prematurely shortly after following a collision with Shaquile Coulthirst, with Ben Alnwick coming into the fray against his former employers.

The removal of Howard saw the flow of the game ebb a little, with neither side really able to get into their stride following the disruption. 

A handful of half chances followed for Bolton, although Luke McGee wasn’t really tested by the Whites’ forward line.

With 27 minutes on the clock however, the deadlock was broken and it was the home side who had it, with Smith unleashing an unstoppable looping volley from 25 yards with Alnwick given no chance.

Although buoyed by their opener, the home side almost let their lead slip soon after as Zach Clough was afforded time and space, only to see his shot from distance fly wide of the mark.

As the clock ran down to half time though, Wanderers were seeing more of the ball but were being restricted to long range efforts which the Boro keeper collected with ease.

United meanwhile were left calling for a spot-kick on the stroke of half-time, with Michael Bostwick believing that Sammy Ameobi had fouled him in the area.

The referee however disagreed and waved play on before bringing the half to its conclusion shortly after.

SECOND HALF

With no changes at the break, proceedings got back underway and Wanderers put the Posh under pressure from the off with a Wilson cross and consequent Madine header seeing the United backline panic.

The home side weren’t for resting on their laurels though, with Chris Forrester and Coulthirst causing problems for the Bolton backline.

Frustration was evident for Wanderers, but they were still plugging away in a bid to force an equaliser with Ameobi in the thick of it for Phil Parkinson’s side.

Just short of the hour mark meanwhile, Clough ghosted his way past his marker on the edge of the penalty area, only to see his shot narrowly elude the goalmouth.

Vela was next to try his luck, with a thunderous drive from 30 yards stinging the palms of McGee.

The 65th minute of the game then saw Wanderers make their first non-enforced change of the game with Chris Taylor entering the fray.

For the hosts however, Leo Da Silva Lopes proceeded to fire goalwards from all of 30 yards, only to see his effort curve a matter of inches wide of the upright.

Back to back goalmouth scrambles then ensued, with Clough unable to turn the ball home from five yards out while up the other end, some last ditch defending ensured that the deficit remained at one.

With the game entering its final ten minutes, it was all hands to the pump for Bolton as they chased a leveller with wave after wave of attacks from the Whites being soaked up by United.

Peterborough were virtually penned into their own area and as four minutes of additional time were indicated, Bolton threw men forward in their numbers.

Try as they might however, it wasn't to be for Wanderers as the Posh held out for all three points.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute shite, and I'd sack Parkinson right now.

We win 5 on the trot, murder Port Vale last time out, but he drops one of our best players (Derek) and picks Thorpe instead. Trotter somehow manages to keep his place.

And what do we get? A load of utter shite.

Trotter is fine at home when teams come to defend, he can get away with doing fuck all. But against teams who have a bit of ambition he is a fucking passenger. The fact Parkinson still can't see this is fucking unbelievable.

Fuck off Parkinson you clueless twat.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Took my boy for a pub lunch and to watch the game after his game of football this morning.
The only highlight was when I went to the bar and ordered a 'y2j' for my son instead of a j2O.

Agree with Martin's comments about Chris Taylor. Worst player on the pitch. If we're the third best team in League 1 I shall stick to listening on the radio in future instead of watching. Awful.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

awful performance today, we wouldn't have scored if we played for 180 minutes nevermind 90.

I hope Howard is ok as Alnwick was poor, he should have saved the shot for their goal and his distribution was awful.

I feel the same as others about Derik, he didn't deserve to be dropped and Trotter was back to his usual self - shite.

Have to agree about Chris Taylor, absolutely hopeless, if he's a professional footballer then i'm asking for a trial because even i could do better than that useless waste of space.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum