Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Coventry City - Match Report Post #33

+14
rammywhite
Sluffy
whatsgoingon
gloswhite
bryan458
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another home game, and another chance to pick up 3 points, Coventry haven't been travelling well this season, so expect another 3 points.

3-1 Bolton

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6-1

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The return of Marvellous Marvin Sordell is ominous but we really should win this comfortably. 

2  nil.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4-1. Not sure I'll make this one. Went on Saturday despite my germ ridden body,and I'm paying the price. Plus, I'll be on the bus. Not fun.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i cant go either as the bloody trains stop running from Horwich before the end of the game and it's not much later for the last train from Bolton either  Mad

7-0

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i cant go either as the bloody trains stop running from Horwich before the end of the game and it's not much later for the last train from Bolton either  Mad
I feel your pain. The Macron bus gets me back to Leigh bus station,but if I'm unlucky I'm stuck there shivering,whilst being abused by various yobs who support less fashionable teams. Crying or Very sad

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i cant go either as the bloody trains stop running from Horwich before the end of the game and it's not much later for the last train from Bolton either  Mad

Shit fan.

Walk.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

3-0, should be a good game if all goes to plan.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Should be another win if we can find our scoring boots. Can't see them doing much damage.

1-0

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for a 2-0 win to the Trotters. :COYW:

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

5-0 bounce

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

2-1 Spearing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

60 Second Press Conference:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Coventry City

1. Wanderers' home form

Victory over Millwall on Saturday saw Wanderers clinch their fifth home win a row in all competitions as they moved up to third in the Sky Bet League One table. 

The Whites have lost just once in the league at Macron Stadium so far under Phil Parkinson.

And with six league victories from their last seven outings to their name, they will be chasing another positive result in front of their own fans.

2. Liam Trotter is suspended 
Despite having been replaced at half time against the Lions with a hip injury, Liam Trotter will miss Tuesday's game through suspension.

The midfielder picked up his fifth booking of the campaign against Millwall on Saturday, having won his place back in Bolton's starting XI in recent weeks.

However, with Jay Spearing coming through his return from injury at the weekend unscathed, the Trotters have a number of options to replace Trotter in the heart of midfield. 

3. Derik Osede and Tom Thorpe
With David Wheater also still sidelined with a back injury, Derik Osede and Tom Thorpe again look set to be given a chance to impress on Tuesday.

The duo have caught the eye when selected so far this season, though both have seen their first team opportunities curtailed by injury on occasion.

Thorpe came off the bench to score his first Wanderers goal on Saturday against Millwall, while Derik stood out alongside Mark Beevers in the heart of defence.

And with both back fighting fit and capable of filling in in both the heart of midfield and defence, Parkinson will be provided with plenty of selection headaches as his injury list continues to shorten.

4. Bogey team
Facing off against Coventry City for the first time since January 1998, the Whites' record against the Sky Blues is not the best having only emerged victorious on three previous occasions.

Bolton have only ever beaten their Midlands-based counterparts once at home, coming back in November 1965.

However, boasting strong home form under new manager Parkinson since the start of the season, they will be hopeful of having ended that record come 10pm on Tuesday night.

5. First midweek league fixture at Macron Stadium this season
Tuesday night's game against Coventry marks Wanderers' first home midweek fixture of the season.

With games under the Macron Stadium lights always a special occasion, why not get down to BL6 and cheer on the Whites?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scouting report: Coventry City

SEASON SO FAR…

Currently amidst their fifth consecutive season in English football’s third tier, Coventry City have certainly been through the mill more so off the field in recent years.

Embroiled in a long-running rent dispute with the landlords of their home ground, the Ricoh Arena, the Sky Blues were forced to decamp to Northampton Town’s Sixfields Stadium between 2013 and 2014.

Returning to their own patch in September 2014 however, the last few campaigns have seen improvement in regards to City’s final position in the league standings.

Finishing eighth back in May, the current season had initially seen tonight’s opponents start slowly – form which ultimately meant that manager Tony Mowbray lost his job just under two months ago.

Since that point however, and under the stewardship of caretaker manager Mark Venus, Coventry have clambered out of the division’s bottom four and currently sit 19th in the league table.

And although they lost 4-1 away at Oxford United on Saturday, Coventry’s recent form prior to the weekend had seen them pick up confidence as well as points.

With progression from the group stages of the Checkatrade Trophy confirmed with victory in all three of their fixtures, the Sky Blues also progressed in the Emirates FA Cup last week after a 2-1 replay victory over Morecambe.

The past week however has brought some disappointing news to the Ricoh Arena outfit, with former Whites defender Sam Ricketts and City’s captain announcing his retirement from the game due to injury, aged 35.

Tuesday’s meeting meanwhile is the first one between Wanderers and Coventry since January 1998, with the latter running out 5-1 winners at the Reebok Stadium that day.

RECENT FORM

• D 1-1 – Morecambe A - Emirates FA Cup Round 1, 6/11/2016 
  • W 4-2 – Wycombe Wanderers A - Checkatrade Trophy, 9/11/2016 
  • L 1-0 – Scunthorpe United H - Sky Bet League One, 12/11/2016 
  • W 2-1 – Morecambe H - Emirates FA Cup Round 1 Replay, 15/11/2016 
  • L 4-1 – Oxford United A - Sky Bet League One, 19/11/2016 

CARETAKER MANAGER: MARK VENUS
Currently in caretaker charge of Tuesday evening’s opponents following the departure of manager Tony Mowbray in late September, Venus had led the Sky Blues out of the division’s drop zone since taking the reins. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A defender in his playing days, the 49-year-old started out with Hartlepool United in the mid-1980s before spending three years on the books of Leicester City. 

Latterly enjoying an extended stint with Wolverhampton Wanderers between 1988 and 1997, he then spent six seasons with Ipswich Town before winding his career down with time at Cambridge United, Dagenham & Redbridge and Hibernian. 

Becoming the latter’s assistant manager in 2004, he returned to English a year later where he linked up with Mowbray at West Brom. In the years that followed meanwhile, Venus enjoyed assistant managerial roles at Celtic and Middlesbrough before moving to Coventry in June 2015 as technical director.

KEY PLAYER: MARVIN SORDELL
Coventry agreed terms with former Bolton Wanderers forward Sordell on a one-year deal back in June with the striker becoming the club’s second signing of the summer transfer window. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A former Fulham and Watford youth player, the 25-year-old turned professional with the latter in 2009 and after impressing for the Hornets, alongside enjoying loan spells with both Wealdstone and Tranmere Rovers, he joined Wanderers in January 2012. 

His time with the Whites however was a testing one for the frontman, with him scoring eight goals in 29 appearances over a stunted two-and-a-half year stay at Macron Stadium. 

Loaned to Charlton Athletic in 2013/14, he moved to Burnley at the start of the 2014/15 campaign where he remained for a solitary season. 

Latterly spending time with Colchester United last season, the former England youth international and Great Britain representative made the switch to the Ricoh in July while he has six goals to his name so far this term.

LAST COVENTRY CITY XI (v Oxford United, L 4-1)
Burge, Sterry, Willis, Turnbull, Page, Stevenson, Bigirimana, Gadzhev, Wright, Sordell, Lameiras

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Sebastian Stockbridge to oversee Coventry City clash

Sebastian Stockbridge will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One clash with Coventry City on Tuesday night.

Involved in the game professionally since 2011, the Tyne official was based in the Blue Square Premier for two seasons before being promoted into the Football League.

Mr Stockbridge oversaw his first Whites match earlier in the season when Bolton hosted Southend United back in September.

He has also been the man in the middle of 19 games so far this season, dishing out 78 yellow cards and four red cards.

Peter Gibbons and Ricky Wootton will run the line while Robert Jones is the fourth official.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Liam Trotter is suspended".

Is there a more beautiful sentence in the English language?

Natasha Whittam wrote:"Liam Trotter is suspended".

Is there a more beautiful sentence in the English language?
"Free pepsi max and twirls delivered to your door!"

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know I hate Pepsi Max. I only do 100% sugar Pepsi.

But I take your point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum