You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Where will we finish?

Where will we finish?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 12:51

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So, here we are, 22 games in, Christmas is upon us and we sit 3rd in the league, 4 points off top spot and 8 clear of the last play-off place.

Where are we going to be at the end of the season?

We've already far exceeded many fans expectations with the general consensus being that we woud end up in mid table obscurity.

A play-off place looks nailed on now but I wouldn't wanna take that risk, luckily we still have to play the two above us, I think our away form will be our main hinderance and the reason why we'll finish second behind Sheffield United. 

We have already started pulling away from Bradford, who I'm no longer worried about.. Scunthorpe next in our sights. EIEIEIO

2 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 12:57

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:So, here we are, 22 games in, Christmas is upon us and we sit 3rd in the league, 4 points off top spot and 8 clear of the last play-off place.

Where are we going to be at the end of the season?

We've already far exceeded many fans expectations with the general consensus being that we woud end up in mid table obscurity.

A play-off place looks nailed on now but I wouldn't wanna take that risk, luckily we still have to play the two above us, I think our away form will be our main hinderance and the reason why we'll finish second behind Sheffield United. 

We have already started pulling away from Bradford, who I'm no longer worried about.. Scunthorpe next in our sights. EIEIEIO

I reckon that Scunthorpe will go off the boil and we'll finish second to Sheffield United

3 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:01

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
"A play-off place looks nailed on now"


There's half a season left so anything could happen.


As the saying goes: "Form is temporary, class is permanent" and there ain't much class in our squad.


Don't count any chickens yet.

4 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:14

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Depends who other teams bring in at the next window, we already know we're going with what we have, so if Scunny and Sheff Utd bring in players, we're going to be well behind then two, so as Boggers says play offs at best for us.

5 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:19

finlaymcdanger

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think we'll hang on to a play-off spot. Sheffield United and Scunny to run away with it in the second half of the season.

6 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:38

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Scunny look like they are for real and Sheffield will spend some money more than likely.  So third or fourth seems within reason.  Of course if we sell one or two players or have injuries ....then who knows.

7 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:43

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'll make the play-offs, our home form is too strong to fall lower than 6th.

8 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 14:05

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I'm going to buck the trend and say i think we will finish top, I think Scunny will drop off and it will be between us and Sheff Utd and we'll pip them.

9 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 15:36

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
i have a feeling we will just miss out on automatic and finish 3rd or 4th and go into the play-offs when anything can happen

10 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 15:42

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Norpig wrote:i have a feeling we will just miss out on automatic and finish 3rd or 4th and go into the play-offs when anything can happen
Yes, I agree,  unless we find that Clough and Vela are sold in January to balance the books.

11 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 15:45

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

12 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 21 2016, 16:32

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Norpig wrote:with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

And speaking of finances, Iles has just tweeted that John Pelling, the guy brought in by KA to replace Massey as FD, has left the club for Stoke.

I really hope it's just a case of him having received an offer he couldn't refuse and nothing more sinister...

13 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 12:39

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Top three , but in what order? I think we could catch Scunthorpe, Sheffield will be stronger BUT they tend to wobble will tell how good Wilder is.

14 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 12:45

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Inability to beat lesser teams away and lack of goals will see us finish in the playoffs.

15 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 13:03

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
personally I can see Scunthorpe having a major wobble at some point so a top two finish is definitely achievable. As others have mentioned though, it will probably be dependent on us being a bit more ruthless away from home. I would usually expect Sheff Utd to bottle it at some point but I think they finally have a manager who will be able to prevent that from happening.

16 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 14:53

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
There's still a long way to go and this is hard to call. The loss last weekend was bad but a win on boxing day and one on new years eve and a few minds might change as a different picture is revealed.
So I'm going for anywhere in the top three, providing we don't lose any out of the special team.

17 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 15:58

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bread2.0 wrote:
Norpig wrote:with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

And speaking of finances, Iles has just tweeted that John Pelling, the guy brought in by KA to replace Massey as FD, has left the club for Stoke.

I really hope it's just a case of him having received an offer he couldn't refuse and nothing more sinister...
Just ask Sluffy, he will have a theory.

18 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:05

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cajunboy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:
Norpig wrote:with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

And speaking of finances, Iles has just tweeted that John Pelling, the guy brought in by KA to replace Massey as FD, has left the club for Stoke.

I really hope it's just a case of him having received an offer he couldn't refuse and nothing more sinister...
Just ask Sluffy, he will have a theory.
It'll be a 'Those bastards at the ST are at it again' theory. Very Happy

19 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:10

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
boltonbonce wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:
Norpig wrote:with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

And speaking of finances, Iles has just tweeted that John Pelling, the guy brought in by KA to replace Massey as FD, has left the club for Stoke.

I really hope it's just a case of him having received an offer he couldn't refuse and nothing more sinister...
Just ask Sluffy, he will have a theory.
It'll be a 'Those bastards at the ST are at it again' theory. Very Happy

Or it could be the conspiracy theorists telling us that it's that shite Eddie Davies who's done this as well

20 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:11

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
it's all Brexit's fault

21 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:12

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
David Icke is bound to be involved somewhere.

22 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:25

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
rammywhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:
Norpig wrote:with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

And speaking of finances, Iles has just tweeted that John Pelling, the guy brought in by KA to replace Massey as FD, has left the club for Stoke.

I really hope it's just a case of him having received an offer he couldn't refuse and nothing more sinister...
Just ask Sluffy, he will have a theory.
It'll be a 'Those bastards at the ST are at it again' theory. Very Happy

Or it could be the conspiracy theorists telling us that it's that shite Eddie Davies who's done this as well

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

By definition, a conspiracy involves more than one person.

So it can't have been a conspiracy because Big Ed had all that money away on his own.

Obviously....

23 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:41

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
boltonbonce wrote:David Icke is bound to be involved somewhere.
It all happened after Donald Trump was voted in, it's a US/Russia joint effort

24 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:47

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

25 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:52

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good thread hijacked once again

26 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:57

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We are just full of interesting thoughts, we just can't control ourselves.

We are bursting with the joy of our own wonderful brain processes.

27 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:58

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cajunboy wrote:We are just full of interesting thoughts, we just can't control ourselves.

We are bursting with the joy of our own wonderful brain processes.

Why've you suddenly piped up out of nowhere?

28 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:00

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Boggersbelief wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:We are just full of interesting thoughts, we just can't control ourselves.

We are bursting with the joy of our own wonderful brain processes.

Why've you suddenly piped up out of nowhere?
Everybody is somewhere.

29 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:06

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggers has his location down as 'Everywhere'. Quite a feat.

Wherever you are Boggers,merry Christmas to you and yours.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:07

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Including Schrodinger's cat?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum