Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where will we finish?

+13
Bwfc1958
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
Cajunboy
Norpig
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Bread2.0
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Where will we finish? Empty Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 12:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So, here we are, 22 games in, Christmas is upon us and we sit 3rd in the league, 4 points off top spot and 8 clear of the last play-off place.

Where are we going to be at the end of the season?

We've already far exceeded many fans expectations with the general consensus being that we woud end up in mid table obscurity.

A play-off place looks nailed on now but I wouldn't wanna take that risk, luckily we still have to play the two above us, I think our away form will be our main hinderance and the reason why we'll finish second behind Sheffield United. 

We have already started pulling away from Bradford, who I'm no longer worried about.. Scunthorpe next in our sights. EIEIEIO

2Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 12:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:So, here we are, 22 games in, Christmas is upon us and we sit 3rd in the league, 4 points off top spot and 8 clear of the last play-off place.

Where are we going to be at the end of the season?

We've already far exceeded many fans expectations with the general consensus being that we woud end up in mid table obscurity.

A play-off place looks nailed on now but I wouldn't wanna take that risk, luckily we still have to play the two above us, I think our away form will be our main hinderance and the reason why we'll finish second behind Sheffield United. 

We have already started pulling away from Bradford, who I'm no longer worried about.. Scunthorpe next in our sights. EIEIEIO

I reckon that Scunthorpe will go off the boil and we'll finish second to Sheffield United

3Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:01

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

"A play-off place looks nailed on now"

There's half a season left so anything could happen.

As the saying goes: "Form is temporary, class is permanent" and there ain't much class in our squad.

Don't count any chickens yet.

4Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Depends who other teams bring in at the next window, we already know we're going with what we have, so if Scunny and Sheff Utd bring in players, we're going to be well behind then two, so as Boggers says play offs at best for us.

5Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:19

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we'll hang on to a play-off spot. Sheffield United and Scunny to run away with it in the second half of the season.

6Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:38

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Scunny look like they are for real and Sheffield will spend some money more than likely.  So third or fourth seems within reason.  Of course if we sell one or two players or have injuries ....then who knows.

7Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 13:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll make the play-offs, our home form is too strong to fall lower than 6th.

8Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 14:05

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm going to buck the trend and say i think we will finish top, I think Scunny will drop off and it will be between us and Sheff Utd and we'll pip them.

9Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have a feeling we will just miss out on automatic and finish 3rd or 4th and go into the play-offs when anything can happen

10Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 15:42

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i have a feeling we will just miss out on automatic and finish 3rd or 4th and go into the play-offs when anything can happen
Yes, I agree,  unless we find that Clough and Vela are sold in January to balance the books.

11Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 15:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

12Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Wed Dec 21 2016, 16:32

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

And speaking of finances, Iles has just tweeted that John Pelling, the guy brought in by KA to replace Massey as FD, has left the club for Stoke.

I really hope it's just a case of him having received an offer he couldn't refuse and nothing more sinister...

13Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 12:39

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Top three , but in what order? I think we could catch Scunthorpe, Sheffield will be stronger BUT they tend to wobble will tell how good Wilder is.

14Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 12:45

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Inability to beat lesser teams away and lack of goals will see us finish in the playoffs.

15Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 13:03

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

personally I can see Scunthorpe having a major wobble at some point so a top two finish is definitely achievable. As others have mentioned though, it will probably be dependent on us being a bit more ruthless away from home. I would usually expect Sheff Utd to bottle it at some point but I think they finally have a manager who will be able to prevent that from happening.

16Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 14:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's still a long way to go and this is hard to call. The loss last weekend was bad but a win on boxing day and one on new years eve and a few minds might change as a different picture is revealed.
So I'm going for anywhere in the top three, providing we don't lose any out of the special team.

17Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 15:58

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:
Norpig wrote:with the way the finances are i wouldn't be surprised to see either go as well Cajun.

And speaking of finances, Iles has just tweeted that John Pelling, the guy brought in by KA to replace Massey as FD, has left the club for Stoke.

I really hope it's just a case of him having received an offer he couldn't refuse and nothing more sinister...
Just ask Sluffy, he will have a theory.

18Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:

It'll be a 'Those bastards at the ST are at it again' theory. Very Happy

19Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:10

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:

It'll be a 'Those bastards at the ST are at it again' theory. Very Happy

Or it could be the conspiracy theorists telling us that it's that shite Eddie Davies who's done this as well

20Where will we finish? Empty Re: Where will we finish? Thu Dec 22 2016, 16:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's all Brexit's fault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum