You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Where will we finish?

Where will we finish?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:07

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Happy holidays bounce

32 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:08

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:Including Schrodinger's cat?
Get back in the box. Very Happy

33 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:15

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Quantum superposition?

34 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:19

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm enjoying that kids TV classic 'Timeslip' at the moment. Just thought I'd mention it.

35 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:20

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:I'm enjoying that kids TV classic 'Timeslip' at the moment. Just thought I'd mention it.

Bollocks to that, where do you think we'll finish

36 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 17:22

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sadly,I think we'll fade away,and finish about 9th. Hope I'm wrong.

37 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 19:06

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bwfc1958 wrote:personally I can see Scunthorpe having a major wobble at some point so a top two finish is definitely achievable. As others have mentioned though, it will probably be dependent on us being a bit more ruthless away from home. I would usually expect Sheff Utd to bottle it at some point but I think they finally have a manager who will be able to prevent that from happening.
As it stands we are third best away team and fourth best away team, so our away form stacks up, Chesterfield & Peterboro = Oxford .

24 points at home 19 away a good haul by any standards.

38 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 22 2016, 19:08

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wessy wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:personally I can see Scunthorpe having a major wobble at some point so a top two finish is definitely achievable. As others have mentioned though, it will probably be dependent on us being a bit more ruthless away from home. I would usually expect Sheff Utd to bottle it at some point but I think they finally have a manager who will be able to prevent that from happening.
As it stands we are third best away team and fourth best away team, so our away form stacks up, Chesterfield & Peterboro = Oxford .

24 points at home 19 away a good haul by any standards.

Eh? That's a bit baffling. Can you please explain?

39 Re: Where will we finish? on Fri Dec 23 2016, 08:33

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
wessy wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:personally I can see Scunthorpe having a major wobble at some point so a top two finish is definitely achievable. As others have mentioned though, it will probably be dependent on us being a bit more ruthless away from home. I would usually expect Sheff Utd to bottle it at some point but I think they finally have a manager who will be able to prevent that from happening.
As it stands we are third best away team and fourth best away team, so our away form stacks up, Chesterfield & Peterboro = Oxford .
I've read that about 5 times now and I'm still none the wiser. Anybody shed some light? 

It's like one of those shit GCSE maths questions you could never make sense of.

40 Re: Where will we finish? on Fri Dec 23 2016, 08:39

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
i think Wessy has been on the egg nog already  Very Happy

41 Re: Where will we finish? on Fri Dec 23 2016, 09:01

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
It's easy you load of fuckwits, we have the third best away record and the fourth best away record and I think we also have the second best away record, 
so Chesterfield x Peterborough / oxford = sheff utd / scunthorpe x bradford  + square root of Charlton I hope that clears it up.

42 Re: Where will we finish? on Fri Dec 23 2016, 09:05

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
whatsgoingon wrote:It's easy you load of fuckwits, we have the third best away record and the fourth best away record and I think we also have the second best away record, 
so Chesterfield x Peterborough / oxford = sheff utd / scunthorpe x bradford  + square root of Charlton I hope that clears it up.
Cheers WGO! I feel like a total halfwit now that you've explained it so clearly.

43 Re: Where will we finish? on Fri Dec 23 2016, 09:09

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
rammywhite wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:It's easy you load of fuckwits, we have the third best away record and the fourth best away record and I think we also have the second best away record, 
so Chesterfield x Peterborough / oxford = sheff utd / scunthorpe x bradford  + square root of Charlton I hope that clears it up.
Cheers WGO! I feel like a total halfwit now that you've explained it so clearly.
Very Happy

44 Re: Where will we finish? on Sat Dec 24 2016, 10:01

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:So, here we are, 22 games in, Christmas is upon us and we sit 3rd in the league, 4 points off top spot and 8 clear of the last play-off place.

Where are we going to be at the end of the season?

Your guess is as good as...staring at the people shopping in the Trafford Centre this morning and estimating which one is in the exact middle alphabetically based on their footwear.

45 Re: Where will we finish? on Sat Dec 24 2016, 12:33

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:So, here we are, 22 games in, Christmas is upon us and we sit 3rd in the league, 4 points off top spot and 8 clear of the last play-off place.

Where are we going to be at the end of the season?

Your guess is as good as...staring at the people shopping in the Trafford Centre this morning and estimating which one is in the exact middle alphabetically based on their footwear.

Just answer the fucking question.

46 Re: Where will we finish? on Sat Dec 24 2016, 12:37

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Boggersbelief wrote:


Just answer the fucking question.

Someone whose name begins with either an M or an N probably.

Because there is no exact middle letter in the alphabet due to the fact that there are 26 letters (ie an even number.)

Sorry I can't be more specific.

47 Re: Where will we finish? on Sat Dec 24 2016, 12:45

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:


Just answer the fucking question.

Someone whose name begins with either an M or an N probably.

Because there is no exact middle letter in the alphabet due to the fact that there are 26 letters (ie an even number.)

Sorry I can't be more specific.
 
The original question you racist

48 Re: Where will we finish? on Sat Dec 24 2016, 13:21

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Why are we here and what's the point of it all?

That one?

49 Re: Where will we finish? on Sun Dec 25 2016, 09:27

bryan458

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
:COYW: Being optimistic for a change, TOP !! Champions

50 Re: Where will we finish? on Sun Dec 25 2016, 10:14

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hope you're right Bryan. I'm a little less optimistic,but we're in a good position to kick on,so COYWM. cheers

51 Re: Where will we finish? on Sun Dec 25 2016, 22:03

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:


Just answer the fucking question.

Someone whose name begins with either an M or an N probably.

Because there is no exact middle letter in the alphabet due to the fact that there are 26 letters (ie an even number.)

Sorry I can't be more specific.
The chances of there being someone in the Trafford Centre whose name begins with MM at that exact moment are slightly less than there being someone whose name begins with MN in my humble opinion Boggers.

And Merry Christmas ya grumpy f***!  Smile

52 Re: Where will we finish? on Tue Dec 27 2016, 17:59

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
That Armenian who plays for the shite with the name beginning with MK is the likeliest candidate to be the middlest-named punter in the Trafford Centre.
As for where BWFC will finish...
It's halfway through the season and we're third so we need to improve more than the other contenders to get an automatic slot n'est pas?
We won't be signing much in the January window whereas the others might, so I guess it comes down to whether or not Parky can get more out of what we have. 
Going on what he's achieved so far, further improvement seems unlikely - not that he hasn't done well - I just think he's done about as much as he can with this lot - so I'm hoping for a playoff lottery place.

53 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 28 2016, 12:33

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:That Armenian who plays for the shite with the name beginning with MK is the likeliest candidate to be the middlest-named punter in the Trafford Centre.
As for where BWFC will finish...
It's halfway through the season and we're third so we need to improve more than the other contenders to get an automatic slot n'est pas?
We won't be signing much in the January window whereas the others might, so I guess it comes down to whether or not Parky can get more out of what we have. 
Going on what he's achieved so far, further improvement seems unlikely - not that he hasn't done well - I just think he's done about as much as he can with this lot - so I'm hoping for a playoff lottery place.

Clayton was a prolific goal scorer before he joined us, and despite seeming to be another injury prone player ( cue Nat: ponce) I'm hoping that he may well be able to offer  more threat in the box.
Its fine Madine getting plenty of knockdowns, but we need someone to pick them up like Nolan and Frandsen used to do when Kevin Davies was in his pomp.
He could be the catalyst we need to help put games to bed when we're in overall control.
But perhaps that's just a pipe dream

54 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 28 2016, 12:40

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That Armenian who plays for the shite with the name beginning with MK is the likeliest candidate to be the middlest-named punter in the Trafford Centre.
As for where BWFC will finish...
It's halfway through the season and we're third so we need to improve more than the other contenders to get an automatic slot n'est pas?
We won't be signing much in the January window whereas the others might, so I guess it comes down to whether or not Parky can get more out of what we have. 
Going on what he's achieved so far, further improvement seems unlikely - not that he hasn't done well - I just think he's done about as much as he can with this lot - so I'm hoping for a playoff lottery place.

Clayton Was a prolific goalscorer before he joined us, and despite seeming to be another injury prone player ( cue Nat: ponce) I'm hoping that he may well be able to offer  more threat in the box.
Its fine Madine getting plenty of knockdowns, but we need someone to pick them up like Nolan and Frandsen used to do when Kevin Davies was in his pomp.
He could be the catalyst we need to help put games to bed when we're in overall control.
But perhaps that's just a pipe dream

Really? He scored 9 in 74 appearances for crewe

55 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 28 2016, 13:23

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That Armenian who plays for the shite with the name beginning with MK is the likeliest candidate to be the middlest-named punter in the Trafford Centre.
As for where BWFC will finish...
It's halfway through the season and we're third so we need to improve more than the other contenders to get an automatic slot n'est pas?
We won't be signing much in the January window whereas the others might, so I guess it comes down to whether or not Parky can get more out of what we have. 
Going on what he's achieved so far, further improvement seems unlikely - not that he hasn't done well - I just think he's done about as much as he can with this lot - so I'm hoping for a playoff lottery place.

Clayton was a prolific goal scorer before he joined us, and despite seeming to be another injury prone player ( cue Nat: ponce) I'm hoping that he may well be able to offer  more threat in the box.
Its fine Madine getting plenty of knockdowns, but we need someone to pick them up like Nolan and Frandsen used to do when Kevin Davies was in his pomp.
He could be the catalyst we need to help put games to bed when we're in overall control.
But perhaps that's just a pipe dream
It's a fair point that Parky will have returning players to work with to try to further improve our performances.
Mavies and Captain Prat are two that could make a difference. Mavies in particular should be incentivised as he knows his contract has little chance of being renewed and if he wants to carry on as a footballer he'll need to produce some magic to impress the market - but will he be back in time?
On the downside I'm wondering if we have the depth to cope with key injuries?

56 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 28 2016, 16:22

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That Armenian who plays for the shite with the name beginning with MK is the likeliest candidate to be the middlest-named punter in the Trafford Centre.
As for where BWFC will finish...
It's halfway through the season and we're third so we need to improve more than the other contenders to get an automatic slot n'est pas?
We won't be signing much in the January window whereas the others might, so I guess it comes down to whether or not Parky can get more out of what we have. 
Going on what he's achieved so far, further improvement seems unlikely - not that he hasn't done well - I just think he's done about as much as he can with this lot - so I'm hoping for a playoff lottery place.

Clayton was a prolific goal scorer before he joined us, and despite seeming to be another injury prone player ( cue Nat: ponce) I'm hoping that he may well be able to offer  more threat in the box.
Its fine Madine getting plenty of knockdowns, but we need someone to pick them up like Nolan and Frandsen used to do when Kevin Davies was in his pomp.
He could be the catalyst we need to help put games to bed when we're in overall control.
But perhaps that's just a pipe dream
It's a fair point that Parky will have returning players to work with to try to further improve our performances.
Mavies and Captain Prat are two that could make a difference. Mavies in particular should be incentivised as he knows his contract has little chance of being renewed and if he wants to carry on as a footballer he'll need to produce some magic to impress the market - but will he be back in time?
On the downside I'm wondering if we have the depth to cope with key injuries?
I thought Davies was out for the season.

57 Re: Where will we finish? on Wed Dec 28 2016, 18:35

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He is. Shame for the lad but a blessing for us because every single manager of the last 5 years seems to rate Mavies and automatically picks him.

He needs to be moved on at the end of the season.

58 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 29 2016, 14:44

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:He is. Shame for the lad but a blessing for us because every single manager of the last 5 years seems to rate Mavies and automatically picks him.

He needs to be moved on at the end of the season.

I think his contract is up in the summer.

59 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 29 2016, 15:53

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Clayton needs to be fucked off too

60 Re: Where will we finish? on Thu Dec 29 2016, 16:01

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Clayton hasn't had the same amount of injuries as Mavies, it would be crazy to get rid of him now

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum