You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BWFC 1-2 Swindon - Match Report Post #23

BWFC 1-2 Swindon - Match Report Post #23

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 BWFC 1-2 Swindon - Match Report Post #23 on Mon Jan 09 2017, 18:22

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Whilst we've been heroically battling Premiership opposition in the Cup and sliding back into 3rd spot, Swindon drew at home in the League to consolidate 19th place in their ongoing relegation battle.
Tim Sherwood finally seems to have got his feet under the table so it will be interesting to see if he can have the positive effect on his players he had when he first took over Spurs. They certainly need it. 
Another game against lowly opposition and another chance for our lot to believe their own hype and fail to turn up although that's less likely as it's a home match. 
Should win and to some extent must win game for us so I'm going for 2 nil to the men in white.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Another game against lowly opposition and another chance for our lot to believe their own hype and fail to turn up  

I don't mind people being negative if they attend games, but your attitude is bang out of order.

I speak for everyone on Nuts when I say your kind (armchairs) aren't wanted on here.

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm much more confident about this one. I'm never confident about clean sheets though.
3-1 to us.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'll crush 'em. Free of the Ameobi Effect we'll win 4-0.

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Only a defensive masterclass will prevent us from winning this. Can't see us scoring more than 2 though.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
I speak for everyone on Nuts 
Is that in your head then?

Fabians Right Peg

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
They gave us a few problems away from home, so don't expect it to be a walk in the park. Hopefully the home advantage will make a difference, they looked a small side so we need to get the most from Madine.

King Bill

David Lee
David Lee
Getting used to these consecutive home games. Should have enough about us, as per usual at home,to see them off.
I'd like to see more of Clayton, and if possible, Proctor. Need to get the squad match fit for our all important run in, especially our strikers.

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Another game against lowly opposition and another chance for our lot to believe their own hype and fail to turn up  

I don't mind people being negative if they attend games, but your attitude is bang out of order.

I speak for everyone on Nuts when I say your kind (armchairs) aren't wanted on here.
Sorry Nat, you don't speak for me. I would like to think that if all armchair fans decided to attend, they wouldn't all get in. So, whether we like it or not, armchair fans are fact of life, and whether they attend or not, still support the club.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So how will we go on against Swindon Glos?

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Wander, as a semi-armchair fan, I think we will actually win this. 

Undecided as to whether it wil be a close thing, or a runaway rout. However, I will go for a 2-0 win (bear in mind that my predictions are 99% wrong  Very Happy )

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Anybody remember the 7-0 slaughter of them in March 1997 -one of the last few games at Burnden.
From memory  the great Gudni Bergsson scored that day.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Mark Heywood to oversee Swindon visit

Mark Heywood will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One clash with Swindon Town at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

The West Yorkshire based official has been involved in the professional game for the past six seasons and has overseen the Whites on two previous occasions, the most recent being Bolton's 0-0 home draw with Bradford City back in September.

A Sky Bet League One and League Two regular, Mr Heywood has run the rule over 21 games so far this campaign, dishing out 98 yellow cards and three red cards.

Peter Gooch and Duncan Street will run the line while Matthew Dicicco is the fourth official.

Source

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Swindon Town

1. £15 tickets

Wanderers will be looking to maintain their sparkling league form on home soil which has seen them pick up maximum points from their past seven games at BL6 when they return to Sky Bet League One action on Saturday.

And following on from the fantastic crowds during the festive period, Club officials are hoping Whites fans can get behind the lads and continue to make the Macron Stadium a fortress.

Swindon Town provide the opposition this weekend and with tickets costing just £15, you have no excuse not to get behind the lads and make yourself heard this weekend!

2. Home comforts
After clinching back-to-back home victories over the festive period against Shrewsbury Town and Scunthorpe United, Bolton will also be looking to extend their unbeaten home run in all competitions to 12 games!

Conceding just five goals at BL6 during this run, the last time the Trotters failed to win at home came back in early October while they have lost just twice on home soil this season.

Same again on Saturday please, gents!

3. Player of the month
Named PFA Fans Sky Bet League One Player of the Month and Bolton Wanderers' KIA Player of the Month for December, Gary Madine will be looking to maintain his recent form when the Whites host the Robins on Saturday.

Scoring three goals and claiming two assists throughout the month, the forward also won a penalty in Wanderers' opening fixture of 2017 away at Coventry City.

Will the forward be able to score again on Saturday?

4. League double?
Having beaten Swindon Town 1-0 at the County Ground back in October, the Whites will be looking to complete a league double this weekend.

Bolton have won both of their previous two meetings at Macron Stadium, while they are unbeaten in their last seven home outings against the Robins dating back to November 1989 - including a 7-0 victory in the Trotters' final season at Burnden Park.

With Swindon's solitary away win of the campaign so far coming at Oldham back in September, Phil Parkinson's side will be feeling confident heading into the game.

And while another seven-goal victory might be too much to ask for, Wanderers will be hopeful of again clinching maximum points in front of their home fans.

5. First goalscorer at Macron Stadium in 2017
Saturday's game against Swindon will see Wanderers run out at Macron Stadium in Sky Bet League One for the first time in 2017.

Having drawn 0-0 last weekend with Crystal Palace in the Emirates FA Cup, BL6 is awaiting its first goal of the calendar year.

The Whites have spread the goals around so far this season with Madine on the scoresheet alongside the likes of Max Clayton, Zach Clough, James Henry, Josh Vela and David Wheater in recent weeks.

With players all over the pitch capable of getting on the scoresheet, who do you fancy to net Bolton's first home goal of 2017?

Source

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
New look Swindon by the sound of it  they've signed  players, 3 of whom are on Chelsea's books. Need to be on our toes for this.

bryan458

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
rammywhite wrote:Anybody remember the 7-0 slaughter of them in March 1997 -one of the last few games at Burnden.
From memory  the great Gudni Bergsson scored that day.
yes i was there, Bergsson scored 2 playing from right back !! I think we scored 4 in the last 15 mins top game !

3-0 win this time if we can be arsed turning up !!!

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Press Conference:

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live guys!

terenceanne

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live guys!
What's the actual link Karly....my portal never works.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote:
Sorry mate, here is the direct link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Smile

terenceanne

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
karlypants wrote:
terenceanne wrote:
Sorry mate, here is the direct link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Smile
Cheers  mate.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 1-2 Swindon Town

IN BRIEF

Wanderers slipped to defeat late on against Swindon Town at Macron Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The deadlock was broken in style just two minutes into the second half with David Wheater volleying home from a corner kick to give Bolton the lead.

The visitors were level shortly after the hour mark however, with Ben Gladwin thundering home from 20 yards with his powerful effort giving Ben Alnwick no chance in the Bolton goal.

And with just a minute of the 90 left to go, the Robins snatched the lead through Yaser Kasim to take all three points back to Wiltshire.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers were completely unchanged from their Emirates FA Cup clash with Crystal Palace last weekend, with both the starting XI and substitutes the same.

FIRST HALF

Bolton started brightly, with Zach Clough’s shot from the edge of the box being palmed away by Lawrence Vigouroux inside the opening minute.

The academy graduate was right back in the thick of it soon after, with another effort from distance being smothered by the Swindon keeper at the second attempt.

The Town defence were struggling to keep tabs on the forward as the first ten minutes of the clash passed, with their own forays into Bolton territory proving to be fruitless.

The visitors weren’t just there to make up the numbers however, and with the Bolton defence having to be on their guard.

Despite all of Bolton’s pressure however, as the game reached its quarter-hour mark they weren’t really troubling Vigouroux too much.

The Robins were proving a tough nut to crack, with the Whites being restricted to shots from distance and hopeful crosses into the box.

Clear cut chances were very much few and far between, with a sense of frustration lingering for Wanderers as they looked to break down their resilient opponents.

A Clough free-kick in the 38th minute certainly woke the clash up though, with the striker’s thunderous effort from 20 yards parried by Vigouroux.

Islam Feruz meanwhile came close for Swindon, only to see his shot from ten yards ricochet into the welcome arms of Ben Alnwick.

As two minutes of additional time were indicated, Bolton threw men forward in a bid to go in at the break ahead, but their efforts were in vain as the first half ended goalless. 

SECOND HALF

With no changes for either side, the second half got back underway at Macron Stadium.

And Wanderers started with a bang as Wheater volleyed home from just inside the area, with the ball finding the back of the net via the underside of the crossbar.

Swindon were at sixes and sevens in the aftermath of Bolton’s opener, while Henry saw a header crash against the post with a second goal for the Whites seemingly imminent.

Phil Parkinson’s men were oozing confidence, with the Robins unable to contain the home side.

Out of nowhere however, the visitors were level through Gladwin who thundered home from 20 yards with Alnwick given absolutely no chance.

Completely against the run of play, they almost snatched the lead through Yaser Kasim but he couldn’t keep his effort down when unmarked in six yard box.

Carnage then ensued in the Swindon area, with Bolton unable to turn the ball home and Henry hitting the post alongside Vela seeing a goalbound shot deflect just over.

It was end to end stuff at Macron Stadium, with both teams going for it in a bid to snatch a winning goal as Charlie Colkett saw a close range shot blocked by Wheater.

Henry also saw a daisy-cutter flash just wide of the post with seven minutes remaining.

It was all hands to the pump for Wanderers inside the closing stages, but on a rare foray into Bolton territory the visitors took the lead through Kasim with a minute of the 90 to go.

And try as they might in four minutes of additional time, the Trotters just couldn't force an equaliser as they slipped to a rare home defeat.

FULL TIME

Source

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So was I right or was it simply a matter of our players not being good enough?

Or something else?

Fabians Right Peg

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Same as the away game against this mob, they looked hungrier and sharper. We failed to get the ball forward quickly enough and if a team gets a couple of goals against us our lack of a decent striker means we will be lucky to get a point.

Clean sheets seem to have gone by the way side which is a big worry with lack of goals.

Clough was poor.

Not a good day.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The ponces in the white shirts were shite, but Phil Parkinson should take his share of the abuse for this result.

First half we were terrible. We treated it like a fucking 5-a-side kick about. After 30 minutes he should have made a couple of changes to shake the twats up a bit.

And second half, with the score at 1-1, he just let the game drift so there was only going to be one winner. Where was the energy, where was the will to win?

Clough played well until he actually had to pass or shoot. His final ball or finish was appalling.

Tom Thorpe is shit. He brings nothing to the table. His control is shocking, his passing ability zero. If Pratley was fit (as the manager claimed) he should have played. Failing that I'd rather see Derik in there.

James Henry was terrible. A lot of effort but no quality, and was fucking knackered by the 70 minute mark and should have been replaced.

The defence was shambolic.

But I have to say Swindon deserved their win, they really went for it once we scored and could have won 3 or 4-1.

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Bad day today- no one can hold their head up after that performance. Passing was poor and the lack of real threat in the box is worrying. There is also a tendency to try and be clever- time and time again today there was the opportunity to pass to an overlapping player but it was spurned to try and go inside and beat players. The quality of our players, after losing Ameobi, isn't good enough to do that. Also we go backwards far too often just to maintain possession.
I would give Clayton a few games up front to see if he can get us more in the box- but the lack of a genuine striker ( and I know they're hard to come by) is serious and in a long run in might just cost us an automatic promotion place.
ALF is available - but because KA's lad  won't get a cut of any agents fees if we sign him its highly unlikely that he 'll join us.
Today we were exposed by a very ordinary and less skilled side- but they were hungrier in the second half than we were. We were pedestrian

My hope is that we get tommed by Palace on Tuesday and then get back to concentrating on promotion. And that we can draft in another decent striker before January is over.
But any players coming in have to pass through Anderson's lads hands and he'll want a cut from it. And that seems to be a sticking point

Last edited by rammywhite on Sat Jan 14 2017, 19:43; edited 1 time in total

observer

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:The ponces in the white shirts were shite, but Phil Parkinson should take his share of the abuse for this result.

First half we were terrible. We treated it like a fucking 5-a-side kick about. After 30 minutes he should have made a couple of changes to shake the twats up a bit.

And second half, with the score at 1-1, he just let the game drift so there was only going to be one winner. Where was the energy, where was the will to win?

Clough played well until he actually had to pass or shoot. His final ball or finish was appalling.

Tom Thorpe is shit. He brings nothing to the table. His control is shocking, his passing ability zero. If Pratley was fit (as the manager claimed) he should have played. Failing that I'd rather see Derik in there.

James Henry was terrible. A lot of effort but no quality, and was fucking knackered by the 70 minute mark and should have been replaced.

The defence was shambolic.

But I have to say Swindon deserved their win, they really went for it once we scored and could have won 3 or 4-1.
Parky needs to hold up their contracts at halftime and remind them what they are playing for.

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
a poor performance all round and time after time the approach play was ruined by a careless final ball. It should have been plain sailing after we scored but again we sat back and let them back in.

I have to agree about Thorpe he had a poor game today and Spearing had to do the work of 2 today, we need to be more attacking at home and stop playing 2 holding midfielders. 

The biggest issue again is the lack of goal threat upfront (yes ALF would be great, everyone knows i love him). Madine huffs and puffs (and falls over a lot) but offers little. We need a striker if we want to stay in the hunt for the top two

Jack Russell

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
Parky should have made the changes a lot earlier, why the fuck he left Madine on the pitch when he was
obviously knackered ? when a player is leaning forward holding his hips and out of breath means replace him ?? they turned out the same as they did at Chesterfield, a chance missed as the surrounding teams bar Scunthorpe  lost points. ::mad::

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum