Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-2 Swindon - Match Report Post #23

+11
Norpig
observer
terenceanne
bryan458
karlypants
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst we've been heroically battling Premiership opposition in the Cup and sliding back into 3rd spot, Swindon drew at home in the League to consolidate 19th place in their ongoing relegation battle.
Tim Sherwood finally seems to have got his feet under the table so it will be interesting to see if he can have the positive effect on his players he had when he first took over Spurs. They certainly need it. 
Another game against lowly opposition and another chance for our lot to believe their own hype and fail to turn up although that's less likely as it's a home match. 
Should win and to some extent must win game for us so I'm going for 2 nil to the men in white.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Another game against lowly opposition and another chance for our lot to believe their own hype and fail to turn up  

I don't mind people being negative if they attend games, but your attitude is bang out of order.

I speak for everyone on Nuts when I say your kind (armchairs) aren't wanted on here.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm much more confident about this one. I'm never confident about clean sheets though.
3-1 to us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll crush 'em. Free of the Ameobi Effect we'll win 4-0.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Only a defensive masterclass will prevent us from winning this. Can't see us scoring more than 2 though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I speak for everyone on Nuts 
Is that in your head then?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They gave us a few problems away from home, so don't expect it to be a walk in the park. Hopefully the home advantage will make a difference, they looked a small side so we need to get the most from Madine.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Getting used to these consecutive home games. Should have enough about us, as per usual at home,to see them off.
I'd like to see more of Clayton, and if possible, Proctor. Need to get the squad match fit for our all important run in, especially our strikers.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Another game against lowly opposition and another chance for our lot to believe their own hype and fail to turn up  

I don't mind people being negative if they attend games, but your attitude is bang out of order.

I speak for everyone on Nuts when I say your kind (armchairs) aren't wanted on here.
Sorry Nat, you don't speak for me. I would like to think that if all armchair fans decided to attend, they wouldn't all get in. So, whether we like it or not, armchair fans are fact of life, and whether they attend or not, still support the club.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So how will we go on against Swindon Glos?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander, as a semi-armchair fan, I think we will actually win this. 

Undecided as to whether it wil be a close thing, or a runaway rout. However, I will go for a 2-0 win (bear in mind that my predictions are 99% wrong  Very Happy )

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anybody remember the 7-0 slaughter of them in March 1997 -one of the last few games at Burnden.
From memory  the great Gudni Bergsson scored that day.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Mark Heywood to oversee Swindon visit

Mark Heywood will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One clash with Swindon Town at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

The West Yorkshire based official has been involved in the professional game for the past six seasons and has overseen the Whites on two previous occasions, the most recent being Bolton's 0-0 home draw with Bradford City back in September.

A Sky Bet League One and League Two regular, Mr Heywood has run the rule over 21 games so far this campaign, dishing out 98 yellow cards and three red cards.

Peter Gooch and Duncan Street will run the line while Matthew Dicicco is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Swindon Town

1. £15 tickets

Wanderers will be looking to maintain their sparkling league form on home soil which has seen them pick up maximum points from their past seven games at BL6 when they return to Sky Bet League One action on Saturday.

And following on from the fantastic crowds during the festive period, Club officials are hoping Whites fans can get behind the lads and continue to make the Macron Stadium a fortress.

Swindon Town provide the opposition this weekend and with tickets costing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you have no excuse not to get behind the lads and make yourself heard this weekend!

2. Home comforts
After clinching back-to-back home victories over the festive period against Shrewsbury Town and Scunthorpe United, Bolton will also be looking to extend their unbeaten home run in all competitions to 12 games!

Conceding just five goals at BL6 during this run, the last time the Trotters failed to win at home came back in early October while they have lost just twice on home soil this season.

Same again on Saturday please, gents!

3. Player of the month
Named PFA Fans Sky Bet League One Player of the Month and Bolton Wanderers' KIA Player of the Month for December, Gary Madine will be looking to maintain his recent form when the Whites host the Robins on Saturday.

Scoring three goals and claiming two assists throughout the month, the forward also won a penalty in Wanderers' opening fixture of 2017 away at Coventry City.

Will the forward be able to score again on Saturday?

4. League double?
Having beaten Swindon Town 1-0 at the County Ground back in October, the Whites will be looking to complete a league double this weekend.

Bolton have won both of their previous two meetings at Macron Stadium, while they are unbeaten in their last seven home outings against the Robins dating back to November 1989 - including a 7-0 victory in the Trotters' final season at Burnden Park.

With Swindon's solitary away win of the campaign so far coming at Oldham back in September, Phil Parkinson's side will be feeling confident heading into the game.

And while another seven-goal victory might be too much to ask for, Wanderers will be hopeful of again clinching maximum points in front of their home fans.

5. First goalscorer at Macron Stadium in 2017
Saturday's game against Swindon will see Wanderers run out at Macron Stadium in Sky Bet League One for the first time in 2017.

Having drawn 0-0 last weekend with Crystal Palace in the Emirates FA Cup, BL6 is awaiting its first goal of the calendar year.

The Whites have spread the goals around so far this season with Madine on the scoresheet alongside the likes of Max Clayton, Zach Clough, James Henry, Josh Vela and David Wheater in recent weeks.

With players all over the pitch capable of getting on the scoresheet, who do you fancy to net Bolton's first home goal of 2017?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New look Swindon by the sound of it  they've signed  players, 3 of whom are on Chelsea's books. Need to be on our toes for this.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:Anybody remember the 7-0 slaughter of them in March 1997 -one of the last few games at Burnden.
From memory  the great Gudni Bergsson scored that day.
yes i was there, Bergsson scored 2 playing from right back !! I think we scored 4 in the last 15 mins top game !

3-0 win this time if we can be arsed turning up !!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live guys!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live guys!
What's the actual link Karly....my portal never works.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum