Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southend v Bolton (GAME OFF - FROZEN PITCH)

+9
finlaymcdanger
wessy
karlypants
wanderlust
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is going to be a very tricky match, Southend are in fine form.  We need those 3 points.  

I'm going for a draw 1-1

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Were gonna lose 2-1

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to winning ways 1-3

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked, I fear a drubbing.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We'll get dicked, I fear a drubbing.

It won't be a drubbing, but I suspect that we'll be losers.2-0

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:It won't be a drubbing, but I suspect that we'll be losers.2-0

Who are you cheering for this week Rammy?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:It won't be a drubbing, but I suspect that we'll be losers.2-0

Who are you cheering for this week Rammy?

Always the Wanderers pet- but I'm realistic enough to know their limitations

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Always the Wanderers pet- but I'm realistic enough to know their limitations

You wanted Palace to win midweek.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marc Antoine Fortune, Simon Cox, Naughty Nile Ranger and now Frank Nouble - Southend are amassing a strong and experienced strikeforce so our defence will have their work cut out and I reckon it will come down to whether or not our strikers can do the business at the other end. Clough seems to have plateaud so unless he has an epiphany we may be dependent on Henry or Madine to come up with the goods. Seeing as they beat Dale recently I'm hoping for a single goal win but expect a draw.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Southend United v Bolton Wanderers

1. First win of 2017?

Having twice battled Premier League Crystal Palace in the Emirates FA Cup in recent weeks, Wanderers will be going in search of their first win of 2017 when they take on Southend United this weekend.

Scoring a last-minute equaliser to earn a point away at Coventry City in their first outing of the calendar year, the shoe was on the other foot as the Whites fell to a late home defeat against Swindon Town last week.

Now looking to bounce against the Shrimpers having also seen their cup exploits ended in midweek, Bolton will be hungry to return to winning ways now they can focus fully on Sky Bet League One for the remainder of the season as they look to maintain their promotion charge.

2. Phil Brown
The Trotters will be locking horns with another familiar face on Saturday, having recently clashed with Sam Allardyce and Lee Chung-Yong, as they go head to head with Wanderers legend Phil Brown.

After leading the Shrimpers into the third tier via the play-offs in 2015, the Southend boss is forging another promotion push this season with his side currently sitting just one point outside of the Sky Bet League One top six.

Brown's side have lost just once since November, coming earlier this month at home to league leaders Sheffield United, while they have lost just three times at Roots Hall in the league all season.

With Brown no doubt eager to maintain this run as he looks to get one over on his former side, the scene is set for another pulsating encounter with Phil Parkinson's men needing to be at their best if they are to come out on top. 

3. James Henry
Cementing his place in the Whites' starting XI in recent weeks after extending his loan stint at Macron Stadium, James Henry has been in fine form since the turn of the year.

Scoring what could prove to be a crucial last-minute winner at home to Scunthorpe United on New Year's Eve, the winger also fired home an outstanding strike against Crystal Palace in midweek to give Bolton the lead.

Unfortunate not to have netted more having also hit the woodwork on numerous occasions, Henry looks set to be another key player for the Trotters this weekend.

4. Back-to-back away trips
After making a long midweek trip to Selhurst Park in midweek, Wanderers are back on the road again as they pay an even longer trip to Southend on Saturday.

The Whites were backed by nearly 1,000 fans in London, and having already sold over 500 tickets for their trip to Roots Hall as the Bolton fans continue to excel themselves.

Predominantly naming an unchanged starting XI during the season so far, Phil Parkinson previously rotated when the Trotters made their trip to Coventry City at the start of the month.

With the likes of Max Clayton, Derik Osede, Jamie Proctor and Chris Taylor hungry to impress, could the gaffer use this weekend's game as a chance to give the quarter to shine from the off following another quick turnaround?

5. Pay on the day
Tickets will be available on the day at Roots Hall. With a small increase in price, get down to Southend this weekend, be loud, be proud and back the boys!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Charles Breakspear to oversee Southend clash

Charles Breakspear will take charge of Wanderers’ trip to Southend United this weekend.

The Surrey-based official last oversaw the Whites when they travelled to Ipswich Town in February 2014.

Running the rule over 26 games so far this season, Mr Breakspear has dished out 104 yellow cards and five red cards.

Michael Webb and Ian Rathbone will run the line, while Sam Purkiss will be the fourth official.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We need to make a statement Sheffield did just that winning 4-2 can we do that? The Jury is out i expect a return not sure if it will be a draw or a win.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good luck to the boys. I'm off to London to the Carole King musical 'Beautiful'. 

Hopefully, it'll be a good day as well as night. (Its expensive drowning your sorrows in the West End)

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Games been called off

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocking

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig will be sorted he's got city

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bugger. Now what am I going to do?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Games been called off

Southend United's game against Bolton Wanderers in League One has been called off because of a frozen pitch.

Following the referee's inspection of the playing surface at Roots Hall, the match was postponed at 10:45 GMT.

The Shrimpers say covers and heaters were put in place on the pitch, but temperatures dipped to well below freezing in Essex overnight.

Southend are seventh in League One, one point outside the play-offs, and Bolton are third.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should be fined for this.. a league one side should be able to maintain pitch standards, bet there are plenty of non league games going ahead

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chorley v Altrincham goes ahead, kick off 3pm.

Come and watch a proper team with proper fans. £10 to get in. Great pies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum