Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Trump v May

Trump v May

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1 Trump v May on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
On the day when Trump restates that "waterboarding works" and May reaffirms that the British Government denounces all forms of torture it's becoming increasingly obvious that these two are poles apart ideologically so I'm wondering how the trade deal negotiations are likely to pan out.
On the one hand, May is talking about making Britain "a truly global" trading nation  whilst Trump is all about protectionism, America first and "buy American, hire American".
Is there any likelihood at all that May will come away from the negotiations without us having to pay increased import tariffs when Trump has made it clear that everyone will have to pay? Do we still have a "special relationship" that will somehow give Britain immunity from tariffs or are May and her cronies living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to trade deals?

2 Re: Trump v May on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:23 pm

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
This negotiation will only go one way. Trump will always put America first and May is desparate. There is no "special relationship". Trump won't even put lube on before he fucks May up the arse.

3 Re: Trump v May on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:This negotiation will only go one way. Trump will always put America first and May is desparate. There is no "special relationship". Trump won't even put lube on before he fucks May up the arse.
She's started off with some serious ass licking. Brave line "opposites attract" but the media liking it so far. See how it goes...but I doubt they'll tell us owt. Apart from this sort of fluff.

BTW Mexico's negotiations could be going better

4 Re: Trump v May on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Lard Lad

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I reckon Trump is just what we need right now, i dont dissagree with anything he say's.

5 Re: Trump v May on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:31 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Loving the way the Mexicans are now saying that American consumers will pay for the wall.

Proper little spat this one now.

6 Re: Trump v May on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Good opportunity to use the NHS as a tool to get on the right side of Fart. Offer him a few contracts and two birds killed with one stone! Some trade and the end of the Tory nemesis!!

7 Re: Trump v May on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:09 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Trump closes USA borders to nationals of 7 countries - including green card holders!
Google withdraws international staff in response

8 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 am

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Why not nationals from Tunisia or Saudi?
There's been more shit from home grown idiots since 9/!11 than from outsiders!?

9 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:33 am

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:Trump closes USA borders to nationals of 7 countries - including green card holders!
Google withdraws international staff in response

But already a circuit judge has suspended the order temporarily regarding those with visas. I think he'll order a bit of waterboarding for her. The first of thousands of lawsuits. One week in and already its beginning to unravel.
Like the landowners on the border who say that they will not allow him to build a wall on their property.
Yesterday he says that 'he will accept no lectures from the Prince' referring to  Prince Charles views on climate change. Very diplomatic as he's visiting the Prince's Ma  later this year.

I'm lovin'it!!

Politics is becoming interesting again for all the wrong reasons.
As for Teresa May ( or is it Theresa?) I think she did rather well- said all the right things, held the tosser's hand and came away with a pile of empty promises about everything.

10 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:26 am

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sadly, I can see the judge's ban working in his favour.

He knows damn well that there will be widespread condemnation and it won't ever get fully implemented but he can throw his hands up now and say "I tried but my enemies on the liberal left defied the will of the people and stopped it from happening."

And his followers will lap it up and get even angrier and it will further confirm their belief that this is all part of some conspiracy against their beloved orange leader.

11 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:51 pm

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So Trump plays the big man banning Muslims etc, his supporters will love every word.

Then you actually look at the detail out of all the countries he as banned not one was involved in 9/11
of those that were involved but not banned Trump does business with those countries. What a selfless bastard this guy is, surely at some point his bubble will burst

12 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

13 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:43 pm

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Mo Farah.

Earlier this year made a knight of the realm in the UK
Made into a potential terrorist by Trump.
 The guys a crackpot

14 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote: The guys a crackpot

Yeah, those Quorn ads are awful.

15 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:59 pm

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote: The guys a crackpot

Yeah, those Quorn ads are awful.

Shouldn't you be watching Songs of Praise?

16 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Sluffy

Admin
Just to Devils advocate.

What else could Trump do other than to give these orders - after all they were his election pledges and expected from him.

Do we really think Muslims will really end up not being allowed into the USA or that wall will be fully built?

There's too much red tape to stop things happening immediately and all Trump needs to do is dodge and weave until something else pops up for him to become busy with.

All seems to be a storm in a teacup to me.

17 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
"all Trump needs to do is to dodge and weave until something else comes along"

...politics in a nutshell.

18 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 pm

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He might at least have the decency to have his barber shot.

19 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Sluffy

Admin
Shot - back and sides perhaps?

20 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:54 pm

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Shot - back and sides perhaps?

Very Happy He'd look better bald.

21 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:24 pm

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Sluffy wrote:Just to Devils advocate.

What else could Trump do other than to give these orders - after all they were his election pledges and expected from him.

Do we really think Muslims will really end up not being allowed into the USA or that wall will be fully built?

There's too much red tape to stop things happening immediately and all Trump needs to do is dodge and weave until something else pops up for him to become busy with.

As people have already said I suspect it's just a gimmick and Trump will tell his supporters that he tried to do something but he was stopped by the liberal elite judges.

And as for keeping electoral promises when do politicians care about that? You are not seriously expecting the NHS to receive an additional £350m a week once we leave the EU are you?

22 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Sluffy

Admin
xmiles wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Just to Devils advocate.

As people have already said I suspect it's just a gimmick and Trump will tell his supporters that he tried to do something but he was stopped by the liberal elite judges.

And as for keeping electoral promises when do politicians care about that? You are not seriously expecting the NHS to receive an additional £350m a week once we leave the EU are you?

No I'm not but Trump is on a completely different scale to that and where people carry guns about.

I think it was an inevitable course of action he had to take otherwise he would have immediately alienated himself from the half of the country who believed in him and I'm guessing there would be more than one or two gun carrying nutjobs in that lot.

Going off on a bit of a tangent and talking of North American nutjobs, I recommend this film on iplayer.

Be warned it is not easy viewing and I read somewhere that it was voted one of the 5 best films that nobody would want to watch again - and I can understand that too.

Two amazing people in it and of course a wacko gun carrying nut case.

A very, very tragic true story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00r06j5/storyville-20092010-15-your-fathers-murderer-a-letter-to-zachary#group=p02q33dg

23 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:44 pm

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I will give it a go Sluffy but first I'm off to watch the final two episodes of the first series of Bosch.

24 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:I will give it a go Sluffy but first I'm off to watch the final two episodes of the first series of Bosch.

I like the books. I feel the tv show would ruin it for me.

25 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
xmiles wrote:I will give it a go Sluffy but first I'm off to watch the final two episodes of the first series of Bosch.

I have one of their drills. They're crap.  Twisted Evil

26 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:30 pm

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I like the books. I feel the tv show would ruin it for me.

Yes I was a bit apprehensive myself but the first series is really well done. Michael Connelly had a lot of input and because one novel (City of Bones) is spread over 10 episodes it doesn't need to omit any part of the novel. The direction, acting and casting are all good.

Give it a try.

27 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Watching Boris The Knob squirming as he tries to convince The House that Trump's ban on Muslims isn't much of a big deal is excruciating.

He's busy trying to score partisan political points about how great he is because he managed to secure a "special clause" for British citizens without actually condemning the ban.

What a twat....

And it all smacks dangerously of appeasement.

28 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:Watching Boris The Knob squirming as he tries to convince The House that Trump's ban on Muslims isn't much of a big deal is excruciating.

He's busy trying to score partisan political points about how great he is because he managed to secure a "special clause" for British citizens without actually condemning the ban.

What a twat....

And it all smacks dangerously of appeasement.

I've still got 53 'I Love the Tories' t-shirts left if you want one. It would have been 73 but xmiles bought 20.

29 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:52 pm

terenceanne

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Personally I would like a ban on all people coming from Bolton ....possibly 180 days at least.

Due to improper use of the English language, howling obscenities in the Nat Lofthouse stand and probably public flatulence.  And of course it would stop my bloody relatives from visiting.

30 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:53 pm

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I try not to break wind in public places. The dangers of following through increase with age,which is why I always wear my bicycle clips when out shopping.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum