Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALF is a Wanderer

+10
Bread2.0
Jack Russell
Soul Kitchen
wessy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31ALF is a Wanderer - Page 3 Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer Wed Feb 01 2017, 21:22

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great move by Wigan just rubs it in. Impressed by Bogle in the Cup match and he is a goalscorer may keep the pie eaters up.

32ALF is a Wanderer - Page 3 Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer Thu Feb 02 2017, 22:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

Parkinson confirms @A1F1E9 gave up a "significant" chunk of money to sign for #bwfc - "He just wanted to come to Bolton, nowhere else."

Fair play to ALF!

33ALF is a Wanderer - Page 3 Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer Thu Feb 02 2017, 23:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope he starts banging them in

34ALF is a Wanderer - Page 3 Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer Fri Feb 03 2017, 12:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Le Fondre gives up payment from Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City to force through Bolton Wanderers move

Adam Le Fondre passed up a “significant” cash payment to ensure his move to Wanderers went through on deadline day.

Whites boss Phil Parkinson revealed the striker waived money owed to him by Wigan Athletic and his parent club Cardiff City to ensure his return to the Macron Stadium did not break down.

Le Fondre could make his debut at MK Dons on Saturday alongside fellow new arrivals Viv Solomon-Otabor, Chris Long and Felipe Morais.

And Parkinson admits his arrival could be the pick-me-up Wanderers needed after the sale of Zach Clough to Nottingham Forest.

“Bringing him back is an exciting thing for us,” he said. “I met Adam and what struck me was his desire to play for Bolton.

“There were a number of clubs looking at him but he enjoyed his time here and whether it’s out there or not, I don’t know, but I can tell you he gave up money to come to Bolton.

“It’s the first time since I have been a manager that I have seen a player wipe off money like that, such were the complicated negotiations between Wigan and Cardiff.

“I am really pleased. He came into training and gave everyone a lift.”

Parkinson insists Le Fondre’s arrival does not mean he will need to change the formation he has used for most of the season but that he does represent a penalty box threat the club has lacked.

“I’ve watched a lot of his games and he’s played up front with a target man, with a midfielder behind him like Dave Edwards at Wolves, or a clever number 10 like Cloughy was for us.

“Cloughy was a scorer of some very good goals but I think Alfie can score those six yards box goals. He’s made a career from getting in the box and anticipating where the ball will drop.

“He’s the type of player we haven’t really had.”

Parkinson also confirmed the decision to sign Le Fondre was made on Monday after the Football League confirmed Wanderers’ quota.

“We were genuinely plate-spinning,” he confirmed. “We hadn’t agreed anything prior to that, Adam or otherwise.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35ALF is a Wanderer - Page 3 Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer Fri Feb 03 2017, 12:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

what a guy, no wonder i love him  Very Happy

36ALF is a Wanderer - Page 3 Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer Fri Feb 03 2017, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson wrote:Parkinson insists Le Fondre’s arrival does not mean he will need to change the formation he has used for most of the season

Phil Parkinson wrote:I doubt MK Dons will be able to guess my formation because I don’t really know it myself yet

:facepalm:

37ALF is a Wanderer - Page 3 Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer Fri Feb 03 2017, 14:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Phil Parkinson wrote:Parkinson insists Le Fondre’s arrival does not mean he will need to change the formation he has used for most of the season

Phil Parkinson wrote:I doubt MK Dons will be able to guess my formation because I don’t really know it myself yet

:facepalm:
Well he says he doesn't HAVE to change the system so he is pointing out that it remains an option. My question would be whether or not Parky sees the alternatives.
In my heart of hearts I just feel that he'll never be able to let go of what he knows so I imagine that "changing the system" for Parky just means shuffling the front four. 

I even wonder if he tries anything different in training e.g. playing Derik in midfield or dispensing with the target man so we can get the ball down and pass around them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum