Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official - Zach Clough makes Nottingham Forest switch

+6
wanderlust
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
whatsgoingon
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Zach Clough has joined Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old has been on the books of the Club since the age of eight and having risen up through the academy ranks, was handed his first professional deal back in April 2013.

Going on to make his debut against Wigan Athletic in the Emirates FA Cup in January 2015, the forward marked his senior bow with the winning goal against the Latics.

In total, he scored 22 times in 68 appearances in all competitions with his last effort for the Whites coming in Saturday’s clash with Charlton Athletic.

The youngster however has now made a permanent switch to The City Ground and will join up with them ahead of their home game against Aston Villa this coming weekend.

Everybody associated with Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Zach for his efforts during his time with the Club and wish him the very best in his future endeavours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Have a feeling that this might be PPs doing and he could be managing Zach again soon, his odds for the forest job have tumbled and now managerless forest have just bought a relatively unknown player outside Bolton that he knows very well.
Hope not but not beyond the realms

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's a fair shout WGO.

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Wed Feb 01 2017, 08:06; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good player on his day, but his day wasn't very often.

Played too wide to help Madine, and was as lightweight as it gets.

£3m will turn out to be a great price for us. I'm expecting 3-ply bog roll in the toilets from the next home game.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Good player on his day, but his day wasn't very often.

Played too wide to help Madine, and was as lightweight as it gets.

£3m will turn out to be a great price for us. I'm expecting 3-ply bog roll in the toilets from the next home game.
Do you actually use the crappers at the Macron? I'd rather use my pants!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Do you actually use the crappers at the Macron? I'd rather use my pants!!

I don't use the common-folk toilets, they have special non-commoner toilets but you wouldn't know anything about them.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Do you actually use the crappers at the Macron? I'd rather use my pants!!

I don't use the common-folk toilets, they have special non-commoner toilets but you wouldn't know anything about them.
No I wouldn't, nowt like having a shit on your own bog!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wish young Zac well, but I don't believe we had the time to wait for him to develop. We need consistent scorers now, whilst we have the impetus.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good call WGO. I was unaware of that aspect.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Have a feeling that this might be PPs doing and he could be managing Zach again soon, his odds for the forest job have tumbled and now managerless forest have just bought a relatively unknown player outside Bolton that he knows very well.

Ha ha, yes of course that's happened :facepalm: .

Has he let Proctor go to Carlisle because he expects to be manager there one day?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clough, Ross McCormack and Joao Texeira - decent signings for a struggling Championship club with no manager and the Al Hasawi's desperately trying to get out.

Jackett is favourite to be the next Forest manager but I'd have thought that if Al Hasawi has another takeover offer that he accepts, the new boys may want to go abroad for a manager.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:Have a feeling that this might be PPs doing and he could be managing Zach again soon, his odds for the forest job have tumbled and now managerless forest have just bought a relatively unknown player outside Bolton that he knows very well.

Ha ha, yes of course that's happened :facepalm: .

Has he let Proctor go to Carlisle because he expects to be manager there one day?

Yes because they're the same thing, a non performer being shipped to make a place and our most productive player going to a higher league.
You really are a bell end

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair WGO it is a bit far fetched to believe a manager would be able to engineer a sale of a player from his existing club prior to him taking over at a new club.

Clough attracted interest from Bristol last year so he's not completely unknown.

Reminds me of the kind of trick I would do playing championship manager as a kid, start with a couple of teams a few cheeky transfers and hey presto best squad in the league.

Also a great way to get Man Utd relegated by releasing all their players on a free. Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Yes because they're the same thing, a non performer being shipped to make a place and our most productive player going to a higher league.
You really are a bell end

I love that you're sticking behind your ridiculous claim.

Ignoring the fact that any sale would be down to KA and not Parkinson, only a complete bellend would think a manager would sell a player to a club he thinks he's going to manage.

It actually made me laugh.

You massive bellend.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So this is what KA is referring to when he said our top lads will only go for a massive fee by a top club.

Forest 18th in the Champs...makes them technically 8 places above us at the moment.

As for Clough I can't see this being a good move at all.  The report said 4 year deal....so through his prime years now he will be in a bottom half champs club.

As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

Then buy a map and get to the Macron next home game.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

Then buy a map and get to the Macron next home game.

Nat... please do not respond to any of my posts going forward. If fact if you could possibly leave this site altogether would be preferable. Some on here want to talk about football...not your silly shit.
Thanks in advance buddy.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not fussed at all about losing Clough, hugely overrated.. just a shame we won't reinvest that money in the summer.

I expect Ameobi will sign permanently if we do go up as he's out of contract with Newcastle soon

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This has been a big problem all season, we don't have a forward looking midfielder, with Alf signing we may see Vela play deeper in a 4-4-2, we have this new lad Viv from Brum and Long who apparently has pace and a bit of skill, perhaps they can look to provide the ammo, otherwise it's feeding off knock downs from Madine.

The main thing is we have shook things up, what we had wasn't working Proctor and Taylor where useless and clough whilst good was not setting the league on fire.

I like the fact that we have at least looked to do something, we have the best defence in the league and yet only the 14th best attack, we have scored 10 goals less than Bury who are bottom four and have had created less chances than Coventry, clear where the issues are.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

This has been a big problem all season, we don't have a forward looking midfielder, with Alf signing we may see Vela play deeper in a 4-4-2, we have this new lad Viv from Brum and Long who apparently has pace and a bit of skill, perhaps they can look to provide the ammo, otherwise it's feeding off knock downs from Madine.

The main thing is we have shook things up, what we had wasn't working Proctor and Taylor where useless and clough whilst good was not setting the league on fire.

I like the fact that we have at least looked to do something, we have the best defence in the league and yet only the 14th best attack, we have scored 10 goals less than Bury who are bottom four and have had created less chances than Coventry, clear where the issues are.
I still think it's down to system and selection again.
Derik is a talented forward looking midfielder with the ability to pick out passes but Parky will never play him in front of the back four - if he plays him at all.
Only Vela gets forward and by the time he arrives their defence is already set.
The reputed pace of Viv and Long is a welcome addition but for what? To put crosses on Madine's head? It's all well and good to have pace but as long as Parky persists with a target man and a packed defence we won't be able to break forward at pace and in the numbers required to score loads of goals.
I honestly think we'd be better off letting the young lads loose up front and play Clayton and Samizadeh with Long and Viv swapping sides and Vela +1 supporting. 
We risk counterattack without the extra defender that Parky loves, but we would at least look a bit more like Spuds or Liverpool when we attack in numbers - with skilful pacy players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum