Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle sacked again!

+20
xmiles
rammywhite
terenceanne
Keegan
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
Norpig
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
scottjames30
bryan458
Boggersbelief
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 14:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well who would have thought it!

Rolling Eyes

Former Burnley, Bolton and Wigan boss Owen Coyle has left his role as manager of Major League Soccer side Houston Dynamo by mutual consent.

The decision was taken with the 49-year-old wanting to be closer to his family in England.

Coyle joined in December 2014 on a three-year deal but his side have struggled under his tenure.

They did not make the play-offs last year and are currently bottom of the Western Conference.

"I asked [club president] Chris [Canetti] if I could speak with him and I explained the challenge of being away from my family," Coyle told the club website.

"I'd like to thank the Dynamo supporters, who have been outstanding. We have a brilliant club, and I have no doubt success is just around the corner."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 14:54

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"I'd like to thank the Dynamo supporters, who have been outstanding. We have a brilliant club, and I have no doubt success is just around the corner."

It is now he's left, I like him as a guy but once his rhetoric and rah rah has gone there is no substance to his management.

3Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 18:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10/1 on to return as manager.. parted company to be closer to family is the official line. But rumour has it he has had contact from Holdsworth over he past few weeks and will be announced as manager of Bolton once again now Dynamo have finally agreed to part with Coyle.

Football really is crazy What a Face

4Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 18:38

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm amazed he lasted this long !!

5Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 18:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

And the prize for the worst ever wum attempt on Nuts goes to...

Boggersbelief wrote:10/1 on to return as manager.. parted company to be closer to family is the official line. But rumour has it he has had contact from Holdsworth over he past few weeks and will be announced as manager of Bolton once again now Dynamo have finally agreed to part with Coyle.

Well done Boggers!

So utterly unconvincing on so many levels.

6Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 18:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have him in league 1

7Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 18:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And he'd have us in league 2.

8Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 18:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:And he'd have us in league 2.

:clap:

9Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 18:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:And he'd have us in league 2.

League 1 will be a piece of piss, ask Wigan.

10Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 19:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:And the prize for the worst ever wum attempt on Nuts goes to...

Boggersbelief wrote:10/1 on to return as manager.. parted company to be closer to family is the official line. But rumour has it he has had contact from Holdsworth over he past few weeks and will be announced as manager of Bolton once again now Dynamo have finally agreed to part with Coyle.

Well done Boggers!

So utterly unconvincing on so many levels.

Thanks Sluffy!

11Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu May 26 2016, 19:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

best one yet

12Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Fri May 27 2016, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

best one yet
Dunno...

Titling a thread "Coyle sacked again" when it clearly says he left by mutual consent comes pretty close WUM-wise.

13Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle announced as Blackburn boss tomorrow and Bowyer announced as Blackpool boss. Thank fuck we dodged that boring cunt

14Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Boggersbelief wrote:Coyle announced as Blackburn boss tomorrow and Bowyer announced as Blackpool boss. Thank fuck we dodged that boring cunt
I'll be happy if coyle goes there. Another local derby to look forward to next season assuming we don't get promoted. (stop laughing, it could happen).

15Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's going through Lancashire like a dose of salts.

16Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:33

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Venky's had us going there for a while, we thought that they'd lost their sense of humour.

Saying that they deserve each other really wouldn't do it justice.

It's just too funny.

17Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's very popular at Wrestlemania. Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

18Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Confirmed as Blackburn's new manager

19Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 49-year-old Scot left his role with Major League Soccer side Houston Dynamo last Thursday.

The ex-Burnley and Bolton boss, whose last managerial job in England was at Wigan in 2013, replaces Paul Lambert, who left Rovers after just six months.

"First and foremost I'm absolutely thrilled and honoured to be Blackburn manager," he told the club website.

"I look forward to working with terrific people at the club. The ultimate aim is to give a team that is representative of the fans, a team that is entertaining and hard working and a team that can win."

Assistant manager Alan Irvine and first-team coach Rob Kelly, who worked under Lambert, keep their roles at Ewood Park.

During his time in the United States, Coyle's Houston side failed to reach the play-offs last year and sat bottom of the Western Conference when he left.

Coyle, capped once by the Republic of Ireland, helped Burnley to the Premier League seven years ago before switching to Bolton.

He guided Wanderers to 14th and an FA Cup semi-final but was sacked five months after they were relegated in 2011-12, and then lasted less than six months at Wigan.

"We took our time and conducted a thorough search and Owen was the standout candidate," said Blackburn director Mike Cheston.

"He brings with him a wealth of management experience, a strong track record in the Championship and we believe he will complement our existing coaching staff perfectly.

"He meets all of the criteria we were looking for and we firmly believe he is the right man to take this club forward."

Blackburn finished 15th in the Championship last season, with Lambert and recently appointed Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer leading the team during the campaign.

In December, the Lancashire side came out of a transfer embargo imposed for breaking Financial Fair Play rules, but in March the club's latest financial results revealed debts of £104.2m.

The club's owners, Venky's, run by the India-based Rao family, bought Rovers in 2010 but have seen their debts rise after relegation from the Premier League in 2012.

However, last month Venky's said they were committed to supporting Blackburn despite an offer of investment from local businessmen Ian Battersby and Ian Currie.

20Owen Coyle sacked again! Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

do Blackburn have a Nuts style forum? If they do i would love to know what they say about Uncle Owen  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum