Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Bristol Rovers

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Josh Vela had initially put the Trotters ahead with his eighth goal of the season against The Gas on Tuesday night, but Byron Moore’s late goal ensured the points were shared come the final whistle.

Wanderers later had striker Chris Long dismissed following his second booking of the evening for dissent.

And speaking following the game, manager Phil Parkinson covered the following points… 

On his side’s performance…
We’re disjointed at the moment and I think that’s there for everyone to see. 

We will take the point because it was difficult evening for us and we didn’t perform as I know we can do. 

We’re not having the greatest of luck with injuries at the moment and we need to rediscover the identity of our team and be the team we were before Christmas.

On the disappointment of losing Jay Spearing at half time…
Obviously losing Jay was very disappointing for us tonight, especially after getting him back following his suspension. 

Psychologically it was a blow when Jay went off and you could see that effect but I thought the more experienced players dug in tonight.

On the return of Andrew Taylor…
Andy is a terrific player - he dug in tonight when we needed him because it was a tough night. 

It was a difficult situation with all the changes we’re having to make with injuries and suspensions, but it’s good to have a player of Andy’s quality back in the side.

On the following from Wanderers' fans…
The fans have been great all season. I can understand their frustration tonight, but I think equally there is an understanding that we’ve lost our captain and a few things have gone against us. 

Josh (Vela) scored tonight and was tremendous in the first half, but he’s got himself a needless booking and Chris has got himself sent off. 

We’ve been waiting for Longy after his injury and while there is a frustration around at the moment, we have to still keep our cool and with our current injuries we can’t afford to add to that with suspensions.

And finally, Saturday’s fixture versus AFC Wimbledon…
We’ll check on the injuries and lick our wounds a little bit. It’s not terrible because despite chopping and changing for the last month, we have only lost one game which was away to Sheffield United.

Our form and results aren’t that bad, but we’re hanging on a bit in the way we’re playing 

My focus and the rest of the staff’s focus is on picking a team who can put in a better performance than that tonight because at times it was uncomfortable watching. 

We will put out a team that is better and stronger and ready to go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who cares?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum