Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Northampton

+15
Gothic_Wanderer
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
karlypants
wessy
gloswhite
rammywhite
Jack Russell
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 14:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derik keeping his midfield place ahead of Spearing and Karacan is interesting but it looks like the strongest bench we've had for a long time. I really hope that it is genuinely coming together instead of being yet another false dawn. Bring it on!

32Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 14:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the portal or the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

33Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 17:43

Gothic_Wanderer

Gothic_Wanderer
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Well we had to do it the hard way, otherwise known as the Bolton way, but great response to going 1-0 down.

Great to see Morais score, nobody deserved one more. Great deliveries again today, shame nobody could get on the end of them.

Either way, great result up to second onwards and upwards.

COYWM!

34Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 18:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit ref. Again. Sat in Leigh bus station cold and wet.

35Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not the greatest performance we'll ever see, but the best team won. I don't remember Northampton having a shot on target other than the goal.

But the difference is confidence. More often than not being a goal down with half an hour left would be the end of the game, a draw the best we could hope for. But today I always felt we could win, even before the penalty. Not felt like that for a long time.

We'll get dicked at Oxford though.

36Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 18:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry to be pedantic (not like me, I know) but you can't have a "best" team out of two.

We may have been "better" than them but you can't say that we were the "best".

37Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 18:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Sorry to be pedantic (not like me, I know) but you can't have a "best" team out of two.

We may have been "better" than them but you can't say that we were the "best".

Bollocks. Of course you can have a best team and a worst team. Don't talk rubbish.

38Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 18:41

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not if you're only distinguishing between two teams you can't.

So shut up.

39Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 18:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Not if you're only distinguishing between two teams you can't.

I just did, try and stop me you bitch.

40Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 18:57

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Although the first half wasn't the best, i really enjoyed today a proper footy match, 

If ALF puts away the chance before the penalty it would have been a goal of the season contender.

Spirited come back and drama right up to the last kick. MOM linesman lol

I agree that the bench now looks very strong, it's in our hands. Tuesday cold give us daylight, it's a tough game but no tougher than Fleetwood.

41Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 19:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sat Mar 18 2017, 23:32

To Be Frank

To Be Frank
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Bwfc1958 wrote:
NickFazer wrote:Whose Wheavers?
Wheater & Beevers = Wheavers.
Beevers and buthead Wink

43Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 08:23

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wessy wrote:Although the first half wasn't the best, i really enjoyed today a proper footy match, 

If ALF puts away the chance before the penalty it would have been a goal of the season contender.

Spirited come back and drama right up to the last kick. MOM linesman lol

I agree that the bench now looks very strong, it's in our hands. Tuesday cold give us daylight, it's a tough game but no tougher than Fleetwood.

It certainly wasn't pretty ,especially the incompetent referee who looked like a cross between Sammy Lee and Miss Piggy

44Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On reflection it was a good result but not without concerns, especially the slow start which yet again has me thinking that whenever we win a few of the players start believing the hype that is written about them.

I thought the Cobblers goal was inevitable after we squandered chances and failed to impose ourselves on the game as we had done in recent games. That said the marking wasn't great especially as we all know how good Taylor's delivery is. Also thought our pen was dodgy as the ball seemed to hit Matty's shoulder but we deserved the win overall regardless of the manner in which we got it.

I firmly believe that great sides do enough to be able to compensate for the occasional bad refereeing decision or bad bounce of the ball and when they don't, that's when it could go either way. We were the better team but didn't do enough to show it until our backs were against the wall - not a good habit to have.

45Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:On reflection it was a good result but not without concerns, especially the slow start which yet again has me thinking that whenever we win a few of the players start believing the hype that is written about them.

I thought the Cobblers goal was inevitable after we squandered chances and failed to impose ourselves on the game as we had done in recent games. That said the marking wasn't great especially as we all know how good Taylor's delivery is. Also thought our pen was dodgy as the ball seemed to hit Matty's shoulder but we deserved the win overall regardless of the manner in which we got it.

I firmly believe that great sides do enough to be able to compensate for the occasional bad refereeing decision or bad bounce of the ball and when they don't, that's when it could go either way. We were the better team but didn't do enough to show it until our backs were against the wall - not a good habit to have.

You negative fanny.

After scoring 8 goals in two games Northampton weren't going to come here and let us have an open game.

Results matter right now, not how we get them.

46Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 11:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:On reflection it was a good result but not without concerns, especially the slow start which yet again has me thinking that whenever we win a few of the players start believing the hype that is written about them.

You negative fanny.
Perhaps I should have written "On reflection it was a good result" and "we deserved to win overall" or even "we were the better team" then?

47Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 11:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Perhaps I should have written "On reflection it was a good result" and "we deserved to win overall" or even "we were the better team" then?

Yes, as long as you start each sentence with "From my armchair...."

48Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Perhaps I should have written "On reflection it was a good result" and "we deserved to win overall" or even "we were the better team" then?

Yes, as long as you start each sentence with "From my armchair...."
Aren't you getting enough attention? There's no shame in calling the Samaritans.

49Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 17:53

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

This team really has some character. Any statto's out there know how many games we've got a result from being behind this season? Seems like quite a few.

First half was possibly one of the scrappiest I've ever seen. Parky is clearly earning his money because the 2nd half was miles better. We needed a pen to get us off the mark because, although we were playing well, we were struggling getting through a very solid back line. After that there was only going to be one winner. 

Nearly died when the equaliser went in. Did anyone have a good view that it was deffo offside?

50Bolton 2-1 Northampton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton Sun Mar 19 2017, 18:19

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Enjoyed that, I did. Please Sir, can I have some more?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum