You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 2-1 Northampton

Bolton 2-1 Northampton

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:09 pm

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Derik keeping his midfield place ahead of Spearing and Karacan is interesting but it looks like the strongest bench we've had for a long time. I really hope that it is genuinely coming together instead of being yet another false dawn. Bring it on!

32 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:47 pm

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live via the portal or the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

33 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Gothic_Wanderer

avatar
David Ngog
David Ngog
Well we had to do it the hard way, otherwise known as the Bolton way, but great response to going 1-0 down.

Great to see Morais score, nobody deserved one more. Great deliveries again today, shame nobody could get on the end of them.

Either way, great result up to second onwards and upwards.

COYWM!

34 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:03 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Shit ref. Again. Sat in Leigh bus station cold and wet.

35 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not the greatest performance we'll ever see, but the best team won. I don't remember Northampton having a shot on target other than the goal.

But the difference is confidence. More often than not being a goal down with half an hour left would be the end of the game, a draw the best we could hope for. But today I always felt we could win, even before the penalty. Not felt like that for a long time.

We'll get dicked at Oxford though.

36 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sorry to be pedantic (not like me, I know) but you can't have a "best" team out of two.

We may have been "better" than them but you can't say that we were the "best".

37 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:Sorry to be pedantic (not like me, I know) but you can't have a "best" team out of two.

We may have been "better" than them but you can't say that we were the "best".

Bollocks. Of course you can have a best team and a worst team. Don't talk rubbish.

38 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Not if you're only distinguishing between two teams you can't.

So shut up.

39 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:Not if you're only distinguishing between two teams you can't.


I just did, try and stop me you bitch.

40 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:57 pm

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Although the first half wasn't the best, i really enjoyed today a proper footy match, 

If ALF puts away the chance before the penalty it would have been a goal of the season contender.

Spirited come back and drama right up to the last kick. MOM linesman lol

I agree that the bench now looks very strong, it's in our hands. Tuesday cold give us daylight, it's a tough game but no tougher than Fleetwood.

41 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:15 pm

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 pm

To Be Frank

avatar
David Ngog
David Ngog
Bwfc1958 wrote:
NickFazer wrote:Whose Wheavers?
Wheater & Beevers = Wheavers.
Beevers and buthead Wink

43 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 am

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wessy wrote:Although the first half wasn't the best, i really enjoyed today a proper footy match, 

If ALF puts away the chance before the penalty it would have been a goal of the season contender.

Spirited come back and drama right up to the last kick. MOM linesman lol

I agree that the bench now looks very strong, it's in our hands. Tuesday cold give us daylight, it's a tough game but no tougher than Fleetwood.

It certainly wasn't pretty ,especially the incompetent referee who looked like a cross between Sammy Lee and Miss Piggy

44 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:24 am

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
On reflection it was a good result but not without concerns, especially the slow start which yet again has me thinking that whenever we win a few of the players start believing the hype that is written about them.

I thought the Cobblers goal was inevitable after we squandered chances and failed to impose ourselves on the game as we had done in recent games. That said the marking wasn't great especially as we all know how good Taylor's delivery is. Also thought our pen was dodgy as the ball seemed to hit Matty's shoulder but we deserved the win overall regardless of the manner in which we got it.

I firmly believe that great sides do enough to be able to compensate for the occasional bad refereeing decision or bad bounce of the ball and when they don't, that's when it could go either way. We were the better team but didn't do enough to show it until our backs were against the wall - not a good habit to have.

45 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:20 am

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:On reflection it was a good result but not without concerns, especially the slow start which yet again has me thinking that whenever we win a few of the players start believing the hype that is written about them.

I thought the Cobblers goal was inevitable after we squandered chances and failed to impose ourselves on the game as we had done in recent games. That said the marking wasn't great especially as we all know how good Taylor's delivery is. Also thought our pen was dodgy as the ball seemed to hit Matty's shoulder but we deserved the win overall regardless of the manner in which we got it.

I firmly believe that great sides do enough to be able to compensate for the occasional bad refereeing decision or bad bounce of the ball and when they don't, that's when it could go either way. We were the better team but didn't do enough to show it until our backs were against the wall - not a good habit to have.

You negative fanny.

After scoring 8 goals in two games Northampton weren't going to come here and let us have an open game.

Results matter right now, not how we get them.

46 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 am

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:On reflection it was a good result but not without concerns, especially the slow start which yet again has me thinking that whenever we win a few of the players start believing the hype that is written about them.

I thought the Cobblers goal was inevitable after we squandered chances and failed to impose ourselves on the game as we had done in recent games. That said the marking wasn't great especially as we all know how good Taylor's delivery is. Also thought our pen was dodgy as the ball seemed to hit Matty's shoulder but we deserved the win overall regardless of the manner in which we got it.

I firmly believe that great sides do enough to be able to compensate for the occasional bad refereeing decision or bad bounce of the ball and when they don't, that's when it could go either way. We were the better team but didn't do enough to show it until our backs were against the wall - not a good habit to have.

You negative fanny.
Perhaps I should have written "On reflection it was a good result" and "we deserved to win overall" or even "we were the better team" then?

47 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:44 am

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Perhaps I should have written "On reflection it was a good result" and "we deserved to win overall" or even "we were the better team" then?

Yes, as long as you start each sentence with "From my armchair...."

48 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:46 am

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Perhaps I should have written "On reflection it was a good result" and "we deserved to win overall" or even "we were the better team" then?

Yes, as long as you start each sentence with "From my armchair...."
Aren't you getting enough attention? There's no shame in calling the Samaritans.

49 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:53 pm

RustyNail


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
This team really has some character. Any statto's out there know how many games we've got a result from being behind this season? Seems like quite a few.

First half was possibly one of the scrappiest I've ever seen. Parky is clearly earning his money because the 2nd half was miles better. We needed a pen to get us off the mark because, although we were playing well, we were struggling getting through a very solid back line. After that there was only going to be one winner. 

Nearly died when the equaliser went in. Did anyone have a good view that it was deffo offside?

50 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Keegan

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Enjoyed that, I did. Please Sir, can I have some more?

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

51 Re: Bolton 2-1 Northampton on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
RustyNail wrote:This team really has some character. Any statto's out there know how many games we've got a result from being behind this season? Seems like quite a few.

According to the playmarkerstats twitter site -

Most comeback wins (L1; 16/17):
6: Sheff U, Bristol R
5: Bradford, Gillingham, Peterboro
4: BOLTON, Wimbledon, Scunthorpe


Most League One wins (16/17):
23️ Sheff U
20️ BOLTON
19️ Fleetwood
18️ Scunthorpe
16️ Oxford, Bradford, Southend, Millwall

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum