Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Northampton Town

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On making it three wins inside a week…
It’s been a good week for us with nine points out of a possible nine in the bag. Today was probably the toughest, but in a way we expected that because after our two away wins, Northampton were always going to come here on the back of a good run themselves and weren’t going to lie down.

You have to give them credit for the way they performed, but I think overall we deserved the three points even though we’ve done it the hard way.

I’m really pleased though with the spirit and the drive the lads have shown today and that’s a big win for us.

On the players stepping it up a level in the second period…
I thought in the first half, Northampton were showing a resistance which we expected and but we still had the better of the play, but then we conceded a goal which should have been disallowed. 

There is a clear push on Darren Pratley when the free-kick comes into the area and I’m not sure how the linesman hasn’t seen it.

We had to respond after that though and the crowd lifted the players. We had chances to score before we did, but I was pleased to see us finally get a decision with the penalty as we certainly haven’t got them very often this season.

It was then a great bit of play for the second goal and a superb cross from Andy Taylor to find Fil who does what all good wide players do and get into those positions at the back post.

On Alfie scoring from the spot…
I was pleased for Alfie to score again. The supporters love him not just for his goals but his all-round play and I thought he did very well today.

He ran the hard yards for the team today and I was pleased that he was out there on the pitch when we got the penalty.

He’d previously had a chance which we all thought had gone in, but it boosted us and made sure that we kept on knocking on the door to eventually be rewarded.

On Filipe breaking his duck for the club…
I’m really pleased for Fil. Assists are nice for players, but they want to score as well and that’s no different with him. 

He’s got in there having had a few chances of late and that’s an important goal for us.

I said during the week that Fil was the type of player who relishes the big games and he always produces which he’s done again today.

And finally, on being back into the automatic promotion places…
It’s good to be back up there and that’s another cup final chalked off before we go again Tuesday. It’s all about the recovery now, but there’s no let-up – we have to be absolutely relentless in our performance levels.

There’s no time for a breather in a game – every minute counts and we need to be ruthless after getting ourselves back into a great position.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum