You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Pratley's engine is the difference

Pratley's engine is the difference

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Pratley's engine is the difference on Wed Mar 22 2017, 12:33

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'd just come off a 1 - 1 home draw against AFC Wimbledon and had slipped to 4th in the table despite Morais and ALF playing - next up Fleetwood away, a must win match if we were to stay in contention for automatic promotion.

Cue the return of Darren Pratley and the continued transformation of the team, building on the switch to a back 3 that finally happened a couple of weeks earlier. With Pratley taking the game to Fleetwood and killing their space all over the park, suddenly our forwards have a far more freedom and Morais in particular looked like a new player.

Pratley is subbed after 80 minutes and Karacan is brought on. I can see why Parky signed him, but he looks more like a Spearing back up than a replacement for Pratley's engine. Fleetwood duly score a late consolation as we start to sit deeper.

Pratley's second game 3 days later was the 4 nil thrashing of the Gills. He played 71 minutes and Karacan was brought on as we were already 4 goals up.

His third match - only 4 days later - was the nervy home win against the Cobblers. The game went to the wire and so did Pratley playing a full 90 minutes. I don't think Parky had dared to take him off.

And finally last night when he was subbed as soon as we went 1 - 3 up, the point at which I reckon Parky felt it was safe to take him off. Karacan came on again and again we started to sit deeper and deeper - until they scored.

I don't know about you guys but I reckon that the return of Pratley has been the most significant contribution to our recent upturn in form. Morais has been great but that's partly due to Prats' work IMO. I think he's been invaluable to our team and we've had 4 wins out of 4 since he came back.

2 Re: Pratley's engine is the difference on Wed Mar 22 2017, 12:41

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd been ill in the days leading upto the Fleetwood game and hadn't had chance to do any washing. I'd run out of clean knickers on the Saturday morning, so I pulled on my old 'I've scored at Burnden' knickers.

We won 4-2.

I wore them again against Gillingham and Northampton and, of course, against Oxford last night.

I suggest my knickers are just as responsible for our good form as Darren Pratley is.

3 Re: Pratley's engine is the difference on Wed Mar 22 2017, 12:59

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
You don't want to wear them too often. They need to be kept in good nick. And wearing them at Fleetwood wouldn't have made any difference. But kudos for being consistent.

4 Re: Pratley's engine is the difference on Wed Mar 22 2017, 13:09

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I wore clean underwear for all of those games. Spooky.

5 Re: Pratley's engine is the difference on Wed Mar 22 2017, 14:03

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
What's underwear?

6 Re: Pratley's engine is the difference on Wed Mar 22 2017, 14:20

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:What's underwear?
It's the magic stuff that makes the Wanderers win.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum