Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Chesterfield

+16
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
observer
Gothic_Wanderer
Chairmanda
gloswhite
Sluffy
Fabians Right Peg
rammywhite
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Jack Russell
karlypants
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got in. Believe it or not,we missed Madine. Shocked

62Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Because they have the foresight of Lemmings  Shocked
You'd have thought they'd open the turnstiles earlier too.

63Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 0-0 Chesterfield

IN BRIEF

Wanderers made it eight games unbeaten in Sky Bet League One as they drew 0-0 with Chesterfield at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

In a game of few chances and in front of over 23,000 supporters, the Whites were left frustrated come the final whistle as they came up against a stubborn Spireites outfit.

The point however means that Phil Parkinson’s men extend their advantage on third placed Fleetwood Town to seven points as the final month of the campaign continues.

TEAM NEWS

There was a handful of changes for Wanderers, with Jay Spearing, Mark Howard and Chris Long all in from the off for Phil Parkinson’s men.

FIRST HALF

In front of a vociferous home crowd and the club’s biggest attendance of the season, the game got underway and it was clear to see from the outset that Chesterfield weren’t just there to make up the numbers.

Bolton themselves were soon on the attack though, although Jon Nolan did force Howard into a smart save down at his near post.

A goalmouth scramble ensued for the Whites soon after, with Adam Le Fondre unable to scramble the ball home inside the six yard box.

It was evident that Wanderers were going to have to be patient, with Dean Moxey seeing a drive from just inside the box blocked at the death in the 17th minute while Filipe Morais’ tantalising deft lob from the edge of the area narrowly cleared the crossbar.

Dan Gardner was next to enjoy a sight of goal for the visitors, with Howard someone doing enough despite a crowd of bodies in the box to push his 18-yard effort away from goal.

The visitors were certainly enjoying a purple patch in front of goal, but Bolton were still looking dangerous down the channels with Morais ever-threatening.

With the game reached its half hour mark, it was a frustrating encounter with Wanderers unable to really get a foothold in the match with Le Fondre seeing an acrobatic overhead kick trickle narrowly wide with seven minutes of the first period to go.

With just over 60 seconds of the half remaining, the visitors looked to have snatched the lead as Gardner’s initial drive was spilled by Howard given its ferocity, with Joe Rowley somehow putting the rebound wide courtesy of the faintest of touches from the Bolton keeper.

On the stroke of halftime, Wanderers themselves enjoyed a chance to put themselves in front as Morais found Pratley in the six yard box, but the skipper put his header over the bar as the first 45 ended goalless.

SECOND HALF

With no changes at the break, the game got back underway with the sun shining down at Macron Stadium.

And the visitors started this period as they did the first, with Wanderers having to be on their guard early on.

The home side very nearly broke the deadlock soon after however, with Paul McGinn getting ahead of his man in the box following good work from Josh Vela.

Pratley meanwhile just couldn’t get enough power behind his close-range effort moments later, with Thorsten Stuckmann managing to pluck the ball out of the air with a goal seemingly imminent.

With game reaching its hour mark, Bolton were looking to more likely of the two sides to score but the Spireites were standing firm.

Le Fondre came close too with 23 minutes remaining, with his drive through a crowded penalty area being blocked by a blue shirt with Stuckmann rooted to the spot.

The home faithful were providing their support, with “We’re the one and only Wanderers” ringing out around Macron Stadium as the clock ticked down.

Nerves with on edge and fingernails were being bitten in the terraces, while the Whites continued their siege on Chesterfield’s goalmouth.

Balls were flying into the box from every which way, with Bolton looking the more likely of the two sides to break the deadlock.

With the clock running down, Wanderers pushed and saw efforts from Le Fondre, Wheater and Filipe Morais blocked and cleared off the line.

On the stroke of full time meanwhile, Nolan was dismissed for the visitors for a second bookable offence while Morais almost forced an own goal in the deepest depths of five minutes of injury time.

Come the full time whistle however, the spoils were shared.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

64Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have indeed been out working all day (not sure what has been going on!) but from what the Beeb shows, it looks like Chesterfield parked the bus as we only had 1 shot on target.

It's a good point for them but did we really actually play that bad against a team that is fighting to get out of the relegation zone (I know is a very slim chance for them)?

65Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

See how they miss you when you're away KP. Very Happy

You do a lot of work behind the scenes at Nuts,and I think we're sometimes guilty of taking you for 

granted,so,on behalf of us all,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

66Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with you Bonce. Well done KP, and thanks very much. Much appreciated, (mostly) Very Happy

67Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:See how they miss you when you're away KP. Very Happy

You do a lot of work behind the scenes at Nuts,and I think we're sometimes guilty of taking you for 

granted,so,on behalf of us all,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
Thanks Boncey, it's very much appreciated mate. Embarassed

I'm a big fan like all everyone here and just play my part in helping others get the latest news on our beloved club and help giving all those Radio Nuts who are unable to hear it locally.

Nothing in it for me personally, just enjoyment. Smile

68Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I'm with you Bonce. Well done KP, and thanks very much. Much appreciated, (mostly) Very Happy
Thanks Glos it's much appreciated mate, although it is just the first time this season it's happened which is good.

Everything will be back to normal the next game.

I hate working Saturdays! Very Happy

69Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 20:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:I'd have settled for doing the same as fleetwood, but thought that would be both winning! In effect we are one point better off than I'd have settled for, so should be feeling happy, but still a bit disappointed
I know what you mean. A win today would have taken the pressure right off for the next two games but with Bradford on a run we probably need to get something from one or the other. Missed opportunity?
Bradford are on a run of 1 win in a row (if you can call that a run).

We are 7 points clear of them with  a game in hand. Think it very unlikely that Bradford will catch us.
I was looking at the bigger picture Deano - which always seems to get me into trouble with the pedants but hey - I don't give a f***.
It's like when I wrote that we are far from home and hosed despite having points on the board and was slagged off from all sides. 
If we win away at Southend then I will become a believer but TBH I think we'll get found out.

For me, we are what we are. Not a great team but good enough to get out of this division. But make no mistake any team in this league could beat us on their day and with a bit of luck.
TBH I think Nat has gone OTT in his earlier comments but underneath the belligerent bullshit their are some genuine concerns that need to be addressed.
Look at the table or listen to the media and we're promoted - and we probably will be, but in the real world there is still an outside chance that we could f*** it up.

Let's see what the feeling is if we lose at Southend and Scunny and Bradford and/or Scunny are a point behind us with 4 games remaining - because that is possible. Although I expect we'll crawl over the line and miss Rovers and Wigan as we go in opposite directions.

It ain't negative. It's just not getting carried away with the hype.

70Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 22:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I'm with you Bonce. Well done KP, and thanks very much. Much appreciated, (mostly) Very Happy
Thanks Glos it's much appreciated mate, although it is just the first time this season it's happened which is good.

Everything will be back to normal the next game.

I hate working Saturdays! Very Happy
You're a star mate giving everybody worldwide a chance to listen to every game, no other Wanderers forums offer that, good work KP.

71Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 23:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A full 46 seconds worth of match highlights below - worth a watch just to laugh at our only shot on target!

As a pedant though it is worth pointing out that we are now not only one game closer to the seasons end but we've also increased the gap to the third place team by one more point - to seven. I think most of us would have settled for that before the game kicked off - I know I would.

72Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 00:16

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:A full 46 seconds worth of match highlights below - worth a watch just to laugh at our only shot on target!

As a pedant though it is worth pointing out that we are now not only one game closer to the seasons end but we've also increased the gap to the third place team by one more point - to seven.  I think most of us would have settled for that before the game kicked off - I know I would.

For myself, I was hoping for a 9 point difference with 6 to play (and 2 tough matches this week and 3 road games in a row).  Let's hope we don't rue losing 2 points today in one of our few home games against a relegation bound team.  It's one game at a time now, and having one shot on target is not what we should be aiming for.  This was a day we should have picked up more distance and we failed.  We can't count on favorable results from those under us.

73Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 00:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It would have been nice to go 9 points clear today but I think in all honesty very few expected Fleetwood to have been beaten at home by Swindon - so I reckon most people would have fancied both them and us to win today and thus be no movement in points difference between us and third - our respective wins cancelling each other out.

OK we didn't win - nor by accounts even play well - so to end the day with one game less for us all to play and increase our buffer to third by another point is quite a fine achievement really - and one we could not have expected.

74Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 08:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Apparently sold over 20.000 tickets for this one, and with pay on the day could end up around 25.000.

That means there's usually some tosser in my seat when I arrive- and usually won't shift.
Everything has a downside!!
Strange how if you really try you can dredge up some misery from even the best of circumstances.
Anyway we'll win this one 3-1

As predicted- got there  I arrived 2.40 and there was some gormless woman sat in my seat because her equally gormless family had bought the three spare seats next to me. So they paid £20 for the lot of them, same as I pay on my season ticket for one match. And she wasn't for moving. So I had to move to the seat she was allocated.
And the match was so poor that I don't think she and her obnoxious brood will turn up again

75Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 10:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Typical Bolton, a massive crowd, the biggest for years and we played very poorly. We do miss Madine when he doesn't play as we really only know one way of playing - long ball.

Midfield looked knackered yesterday, no real spark in any of them and Long hardly got a touch but it we keep hoofing it then it's no surprise is it?

The only plus was that Fleetwood got beat

Can't see many of the extra 10,000 rushing to buy tickets after that

Gothic -  i was in that train as well, very snug  Very Happy

76Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 11:34

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Norpig I was about to make a similar comment. They seem to do this every time we have one of these ticket offers and get a decent crowd in. We won't be seeing any of those fair weather fans again after that shower yesterday. 

Interesting 3 1 6 formation from Parky yesterday. What exactly where the tactics apart from hoofing it up to a dwarf and a lad who can't/won't jump. Not good enough at all. How on earth are we comfortably second?

77Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 12:06

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

RustyNail wrote: Not good enough at all. How on earth are we comfortably second?

I got slagged off for asking that months ago.

It appears that 90% of the teams in Division 3 are utterly shite.

78Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 12:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bread2.0 wrote:
RustyNail wrote: Not good enough at all. How on earth are we comfortably second?

I got slagged off for asking that months ago.

It appears that 90% of the teams in Division 3 are utterly shite.
Including us, we have had incredible luck.

79Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 14:19

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a great standard this league, but you don't get to second after 40 games by being lucky, we have players that have played and can play at a higher standard and a manager that knows the league and how to win games at this level. Next two games are huge if we don't lose either of them then​ we are well on our way, we were poor on Saturday but we have taken 16 points from the last 18 so no need for doom and gloom just yet. We will have all summer to worry about next season

80Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sun Apr 02 2017, 17:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Two wins and two draws giving us 84 points should be enough to keep us in the top two.

Fleetwood would need 5 wins and 1 draw to better us.

Bradford would need 5 wins to match 84 points, then it would be down to goal difference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum