Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The run-in to promotion

+15
xmiles
RustyNail
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Bread2.0
terenceanne
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
observer
Sluffy
gloswhite
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:If we don't go up we'll have to get our finances in L1 order and given that we are currently living beyond our means and still losing money the only obvious way is to shed assets and even then we may struggle. We all know that some of the high earners will be off anyway, but the difference in promotion is twofold: how deep the player cuts will have to be (and ergo our chances of being competitive) and our chances of getting investors. 
I know which I'd prefer.
Despite what happens tomorrow, we must win on Tuesday.  Mathematically if Bradford or Fleetwood get 7 points from their last 3 games, one win from our last 3 should give us automatic promotion.  Of course, if either club wins all 3, we would need to win 2... but my feeling is one win will do it for us.  We have had two really bad spells this season, and hopefully this is not a third.  We can win all three remaining games, and go out with our heads held high.  Let's get back to form.

32The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:02 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'd like to go with your thinking Obs, but I would like to chuck in, (in my currently depressed state), that we have a habit whereby, when we lose one, we tend to lose at least three.

33The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:I'd like to go with your thinking Obs, but I would like to chuck in, (in my currently depressed state), that we have a habit whereby, when we lose one, we tend to lose at least three.
That's pragmatic Glos... and we have had 2 bad runs this season.  I do think if Madine is back, we will win at least one of the last three.  Howard scares the daylights out of me... has not recovered his form.  We are a team who can win all three... but as you said, our bad form goes in cycles.  I think that will not happen if Madine is back.  I also think, as I said, that one win will send us up.  Then again, I didn't think Trump would win unless he ran the table.  Unfortunately, he did.  I'm more confident of Bolton going up and Bradford and Fleetwood not running the table!

34The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:20 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Today may give us a break with Sheffield Utd playing Bradford, and Fleetwood at home to MIllwall. Both hard games. Hopefully they will both lose,and we will win against Bury, and were back to where we were.

35The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bury won't make it easy for us, they are still smarting from Clough 'diving' for 2 penalties at Gigg lane. If the lead is down to one point by tomorrow that adds even more pressure.

Please God let Madine be fit (a sentence i never thought i would type on here)

i'll be cheering on Millwall and Sheff Utd today

36The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:28 am

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Madine's "doubtful" for tomorrow according to Parkinson in today's BN.

37The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 am

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Now I've noticed that I'm in Brugge the weekend of the play off final, I'm more certain than ever we're going to fuck this up.

38The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

RustyNail wrote:Now I've noticed that I'm in Brugge the weekend of the play off final, I'm more certain than ever we're going to fuck this up.

Relax. If we don't get automatic promotion I very much doubt we will actually get to the play off final.

39The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:14 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps I should have titled this thread "The run down to the end of the season" as "promotion" is looking distinctly premature today. By now we should be promoted and giving  our young strikers the opportunity to stake their claim for a contract in the Championship, but instead we have Parky begging Madine to play through the pain for the final two games in a desperate bid to solve the mystery of the missing goals. 
Now that it's come to this, there's no chance he'd risk youngsters which would require a change of tactics - maybe there never was  chance - and it looks like he's lost confidence in Wilko so it'll all be down to the players and system he's been permutating all season. We can only hope for a miracle.

40The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:13 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have to assume Fleetwood will beat Vale and with Posh getting 4 today, we could be in for a nightmare next week.

41The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:18 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers will calm our nerves. Unless he's been arrested for running onto the pitch.

42The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We only need to draw to go up, but we'll smash them 3-0

43The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:06 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:...we'll smash them 3-0
Oh Shit! Last time you said that we lost.

44The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Port Vale win on Tuesday they'll have a lifeline to make a fist of it against Fleetwood in order to avoid relegation. I can see Vale winning but must admit I have a preference for us being three up at half time. Anyway we're, at the worst, in the playoffs so Saturday will be a bugger as all I'll be watching are radar screens. Any bloody pilot giving me grief is being diverted to the other end of the country.

45The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bollotom2014 wrote:If Port Vale win on Tuesday they'll have a lifeline to make a fist of it against Fleetwood in order to avoid relegation. I can see Vale winning but must admit I have a preference for us being three up at half time. Anyway we're, at the worst, in the playoffs so Saturday will be a bugger as all I'll be watching are radar screens. Any bloody pilot giving me grief is being diverted to the other end of the country.
The match is on Sunday.

46The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:35 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:If Port Vale win on Tuesday they'll have a lifeline to make a fist of it against Fleetwood in order to avoid relegation. I can see Vale winning but must admit I have a preference for us being three up at half time. Anyway we're, at the worst, in the playoffs so Saturday will be a bugger as all I'll be watching are radar screens. Any bloody pilot giving me grief is being diverted to the other end of the country.
The match is on Sunday.
At 12 pm.

I may be in Italy so I hope Nuts is on as I won't be able to get UK SKY.

47The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:57 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last game of the season and we got over the line.
Absolutely chuffed.

...and well done Boggers - post 42 was inspirational.

48The run-in to promotion - Page 3 Empty Re: The run-in to promotion Mon May 01, 2017 12:09 am

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes, fair play to Boggers.

The "88 points" thing has been a source of much merriment on here but I'm prepared to admit that his mystic powers may just have been off by a season or so.

And who amongst us has never been wrong...?

Well done, Boggers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum