Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oldham 1-0 Bolton

+20
DEANO82
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
xmiles
Swagman
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
Norpig
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
doffcocker
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
rammywhite
gloswhite
wanderlust
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 09:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Following on from the predictably tough trip to Scunny, the next task is the first of two local derbies against teams that would love to see us stumble at the last hurdle.
Unusually, we are the only League 1 game on both Saturday and Tuesday,, both of which we'll go into already knowing how Fleetwood and Bradford have gone on so it may be difficult for the lads to focus on what they're doing as they need to.

Despite Oldham doing us a favour against Fleetwood on Saturday, I feel we should be confident of a much  improved performance this time. Away win 1 - 2.

2Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 10:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

1-3 ALF

3Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 10:30

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

1-1- stumbling over the finishing line raw nerves

4Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 14:16

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

1-4. Easy-peasy.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 14:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going to this game so hopefully a comfortable win...0-3

6Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 15:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked.

Crap pitch, no Madine and hoofball, all add up to a home win.

7Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 15:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Oldham's last game against Fleetwood on Saturday -

8Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 10 2017, 16:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Boom! Route one!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Tue Apr 11 2017, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] according to the Oldham Chronicle:

"ATHLETIC fully expect to turn over Bolton and take another major step towards safety, in the final chapter of their top-of-the-table trilogy.

After drawing with promoted Sheffield United, John Sheridan's men saw off third-placed Fleetwood with arguably the most accomplished display of the season at the weekend.

That victory - which means Athletic have lost once in 10 outings at home under Sheridan - boosted the club's points tally to 48 and the placing in Sky Bet League One to 17th.

Now, Phil Parkinson's Wanderers arrive at SportsDirect.com Park knowing that a victory could be enough to see them promoted by Saturday afternoon.

At the same time, Parkinson will be fully aware that of the current top six, only Bradford have walked away from a trip to Athletic with three points this season.

"Outsiders might think Sheffield United, Fleetwood, Bolton, they'll win at Oldham, but they need to realise that it's not as easy as that," said Sheridan.

"I don't look at the league table. I look at the form we've shown since I came back, and we're a top six side at this moment in my eyes - certainly the way we're playing.

"I've just got to get that into the players, and the more you do that and keep winning games, the more confidence those players get.

"It's massive for us at the moment. We are a hard team to play against right now."
Like Sheffield United before them, Bolton are likely to employ the same 3-5-2 formation that has worked so well for Sheridan so far against the Blades and Fleetwood.

Athletic's manager will have no qualms about going like-for-like against the Trotters given the team's rich form.

"Everyone knows what their job is and that's good," Sheridan added.

"We're playing that system at present and everyone knows what their position is and what they've got to do.

"Everything worked for us against Fleetwood and it was a great team performance.

"The confidence is there of course and you get that by winning games.

"I feel as though we're going out there at home with a good chance of winning the game.

"I try to preach that to the lads - I don't care who we're playing, I expect us to win.

"We're playing Bolton next, and I expect to win that.

"We look really strong, and other than the Bradford result when they did deserve to win, our home form has been excellent.

"Touch wood, that will be the reason why we stay up.""

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Tue Apr 11 2017, 19:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Looking forward to my first trip to Boundary Park.

Have to say I don't care for Oldham much, they seem to have a lot of douchebag supporters.

I hope we win, but when we can beat Fleetwood 4-2 away and only draw at home to Chesterfield, it's clearly anybody's guess what will happen.

11Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Tue Apr 11 2017, 19:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Have to say I don't care for Oldham much, they seem to have a lot of douchebag supporters.

You'll fit right in then.

12Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Tue Apr 11 2017, 19:55

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boundary Park is the coldest ground in the football league.

Even in April.

Pack a jumper.

13Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Tue Apr 11 2017, 20:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fell off a motorbike outside Boundary Park. I was riding pillion. It wasn't moving. I still have flashbacks.

14Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Thu Apr 13 2017, 07:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Peter Bankes to oversee Oldham Athletic trip

Peter Bankes will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One trip to Oldham Athletic on Saturday.

Having overseen his first Football League fixture in February 2014, Mr Bankes has run the rule over two Whites fixtures in the past with the most recent being this season's home draw with MK Dons back in September.

Boasting professional experience in the Sky Bet Championship as well as Sky Bet League One and Sky Bet League Two, he has refereed 36 games so far this season, dishing out 122 yellow cards and 11 red cards.

Paul Hodskinson and Andrew Fox will run the line while James Wilson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Thu Apr 13 2017, 14:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Wanderer Tope Obadeyi may be drafted into the Oldham side on the left to go up against Filipe Morais which should be interesting. Chris Taylor is ineligible and there are no other naturally left-sided players available. Obadeyi tends to be attack minded so if he plays it'll be a battle to see which of them gets forward most - and which defends better.
Sheridan's other option is to reshuffle the team e.g. move McLaughlin to the left or play a different system, but that seems unlikely as Oldham have had recent success matching the opposition player for player so his preference against the Wanderers would be 352.

16Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Thu Apr 13 2017, 14:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did Obadeyi actually ever play for the first team for us?

17Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Thu Apr 13 2017, 15:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Did Obadeyi actually ever play for the first team for us?
Made 3 appearances as a sub.

18Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Thu Apr 13 2017, 15:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Useless fact:

When he played for his school team in Birmingham, Obadeyi's strike partner was Daniel Sturridge - with whom he was reunited when Sturridge came on loan.

Rubbish striker, but if he's picked he's big and fast enough to give Morais a tough day.

19Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Thu Apr 13 2017, 16:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was one of those players who we all hoped would come good but spent all his time out on loan i seem to remember, we seem to specialize in players like that over the last few years.

20Oldham 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Thu Apr 13 2017, 18:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum