Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oldham 1-0 Bolton

+20
DEANO82
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
xmiles
Swagman
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
Norpig
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
doffcocker
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
rammywhite
gloswhite
wanderlust
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

91Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 14:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Plus we'll probably be a division above Wigan, Rovers, Bury, Oldham and Rochdale so bragging rights won't be completely gone.

Are there any Wigan, Rovers, Bury, Oldham or Rochdale fans in Norfolk?
Yes. 

And Leeds fans who took the piss because Erwin scored Oldham's winner.

92Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 14:25

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To go to Oldham with a defensive set up suggests to me that Parkinson goes into every game with a don't lose mentality, he is at best a league 1 manager, and will get us relegated before Christmas in the Championship, he simply has no plan B, if he's going to persist with hoofball, at least have atarget to hit, he should be going with either Wheater or Beevers up front, but no, just hoof it to a dwarf, fucking clueless.

93Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 15:46

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't see much point in worrying about next season just yet, too busy worrying about Tuesday. Still can't get round how we managed to lose yesterday, had a bad feeling about it soon as Oldham went down to 10, all we had to do was keep our shape and discipline and we would have come away with at least a point.

94Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 15:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughable, we lose one game and now all of a sudden Parkinson is clueless.

Let's all ignore where we were 12 months ago, PP has turned the same players that embarrassed us last season into a side that now looks half decent, he's restored pride into the club, got us odds on favourites for auto promotion with 3 games to go (we all thought we'd struggle at the beginning  of this season).

We have the most cleans sheets in the country and also look very strong away from home. The guys has  worked wonders without a pot to piss in, not to mention the fact that he's lost his best players in Clough, Ameobi and Mark Davies.

With the Chinese investment next year he'll be able to mould a side that can challenge for another promotion, he's done the best with a bad bunch.

95Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 16:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Laughable, we lose one game and now all of a sudden Parkinson is clueless.

Let's all ignore where we were 12 months ago, PP has turned the same players that embarrassed us last season into a side that now looks half decent, he's restored pride into the club, got us odds on favourites for auto promotion with 3 games to go (we all thought we'd struggle at the beginning  of this season).

We have the most cleans sheets in the country and also look very strong away from home. The guys has  worked wonders without a pot to piss in, not to mention the fact that he's lost his best players in Clough, Ameobi and Mark Davies.

With the Chinese investment next year he'll be able to mould a side that can challenge for another promotion, he's done the best with a bad bunch.

If you really believe that there will be Chinese investment next year I suggest that you need to go and lie down in a dark room for a very long time.
It's a baseless rumour

96Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 16:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm ITK

97Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 16:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Parkinson's signings have done us more good than his tactics.

Early on it was obvious there was no spark there besides Clough, so he brings in Ameobi.

We lose Ameobi, he brings in Morais who's been just as effective.

We lose Clough, he brings in Le Fondre who's averaging just as many goals.

On top of that, he brought in Wheater and Beevers, probably the league's best centre halves, and two equally capable keepers in Alnwick and Howard. 

Then there's Taylor who for me has been a breath of fresh air.

Obviously he's brought in a couple of stinkers as well like Buxton and Proctor but overall his signings have been very shrewd, to the point where there's enough talent there, that we can play really tedious football and still pick up a lot of points.

I've no idea what to expect next season. We're currently a big fish in a small pong, but with the likes of Sunderland, Villa, Wolves, Forest, Derby etc. in the Championship, we're just average, and the transfer market is a completely different ball game.

98Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 16:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote: We're currently a big fish in a small pong
Let's hope it doesn't become a BIG pong on Tuesday. Very Happy

99Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 16:57

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I think Parkinson's signings have done us more good than his tactics.

Early on it was obvious there was no spark there besides Clough, so he brings in Ameobi.

We lose Ameobi, he brings in Morais who's been just as effective.

We lose Clough, he brings in Le Fondre who's averaging just as many goals.

On top of that, he brought in Wheater and Beevers, probably the league's best centre halves, and two equally capable keepers in Alnwick and Howard. 

Then there's Taylor who for me has been a breath of fresh air.

Obviously he's brought in a couple of stinkers as well like Buxton and Proctor but overall his signings have been very shrewd, to the point where there's enough talent there, that we can play really tedious football and still pick up a lot of points.

I've no idea what to expect next season. We're currently a big fish in a small pong, but with the likes of Sunderland, Villa, Wolves, Forest, Derby etc. in the Championship, we're just average, and the transfer market is a completely different ball game.
We spent many years buying high and selling low or for no money... now we need smart business sense.  In that vein, I believe Parky has excelled.  I believe you are more than correct in Parky's shrewd acquisitions for next to no money.  His mid season replacements have been the reason we are in the position we are in.  Unfortunately injuries have cost us... Howard's mishandling of balls and his lack of return to good form cost us. 

I still believe one win will see us achieve automatic promotion.  I doubt Bradford or Fleetwood will win their three... more likely they get 7 points out of 9.  That would leave them tied with us if we manage only one win... and we would go up on GD.  If we win two, it's a fait accompli... game over.  Then it is up to KA and the financial acumen to combine with Parky's shrewd eye to make over the team for next season. 

As to Parky's inability to have a Plan B... well that might cost us games in any division.  Achieving one shot on target in two games in a row is unacceptable. But you have to give credit to getting us to this place with a team with no money.  A year ago, when the court was deciding our fate, we would have jumped to be in this position.  Now we have to get to the next level. If we go up, and I feel confident we will, then KA has to make the right deal to buy the right players at the right cost to move us along.  Our past financial disasters have to be bought out one by one until we are running break even.  Let's hope we go up in the first place and then we'll worry about who puts money in and hope Parky is equally good at finding talent for the Championship.  We know how rough that league can be.

100Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 17:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Laughable, we lose one game and now all of a sudden Parkinson is clueless.

Are you in love with Mark Davies? You're the only Bolton fan I know who thinks he's a good player.

We're a big fish in a small pond with more resources than every other club in this league except perhaps Sheffield Utd. Is a free agent like Morais going to sign for Bolton or Chesterfield? Bolton every time.

Parky has made some decent signings, but tactically he is absolutely clueless, as bad as any of our recent managers. I'll ask you the question I keep asking myself...why pick a small striker and then play hoofball?

Parky bottled it yesterday, and while I still think we'll make it over the line, with him in charge next season we'll be cast adrift by early 2018.

101Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 17:23

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If we don't beat BURY then this season could go tits up, that's the reality of our loss of form.

102Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 17:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll smash bury, stop panicking

103Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 17:36

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Like we "smashed" Oldham?

104Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 17:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Like we "smashed" Oldham?

Who said we'd smash Oldham?

105Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 17:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:We'll smash bury, stop panicking
Chickens.

Don't count.

106Oldham 1-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 16 2017, 17:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bury at home is just the sort of game we'll lose 1-0 despite having 85% of possession.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum